Author Topic: Who is your favorite Jake Gyllenhaal character (not including Jack Twist)?  (Read 8189 times)

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
Re: Who is your favorite Jake Gyllenhaal character (not including Jack Twist)?
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2006, 01:39:52 am »
I haven't seen all the Jake stuff yet but Bubble Boy is my guilty pleasure, Donnie Darko my critical pleasure and Swoff my "adult" Jake pleasure-I can't swoon over a young teenage Jake-it's disturbing.

O0

Heathen

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2006, 02:11:35 pm »
I hear ya - I'm not the least little bit turned on by Donnie Darko - my love for him is strictly maternal.  (Really, my love for Jake should be more maternal, too, since I'm technically old enough to be his mother.  But that's a whole other subject that I'd rather avoid.  ;))
No more beans!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2006, 06:07:44 pm »
Wait till your son gets into sports and/or starts bringing home buddies and, if you have a daughter, she starts bringing home boyfriends. Life can get interesting...

And here's a photo of my son and two buddies camping...

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2006, 05:15:55 pm »
For some odd reason, "Mad World" was playing at the Mexican place where I had dinner tonight (unlikely, I know, but true)...and it made me smile.  :)

Mystery solved.  For reasons that escape me profit, "Mad World" is being used to promote XBox 3 or 3000 or whatever.  That just makes SO upset!  Way to ruin a Jakey moment.  >:( :'( >:(
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2006, 05:28:16 pm »
Huh - it's everywhere, then!  I just heard "Mad World" from the TV and rushed to see what Donnie DArko thing was up, and instead it was some computer-thingie commercial. Happened half an hour ago. I fumed. Don't they know that song is taken? >:(  Or perhaps that's just what they do know and are actively using........

Offline JT

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2006, 05:40:38 pm »
I have to choose Sam in "Day after Tomorro" because that's the only other Jake movie that I've seen.  Sam is definately not Jack.  To me nothing beats Jack Twist.  Sam, almost forgot his name, but Jack will always haunt me.  Jack Twist will always be my personal favorite regardless of who else Jake plays.  Damn you, Jack Twist.

mvansand76

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2006, 08:18:19 am »
The funny thing is, until BBM I never really noticed Jake, even though I have seen almost all his movies. So yeah, Jack Twist will live on forever in my mind, but if I have to choose another one, then it must be Donnie.

Offline JT

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2006, 12:12:18 am »
That is rather funny!  I knew Jake as just another cute young actor but nothing else.  Didn't even know how to pronounce his last name.  LOL  But after BBM, he's everywhere.  Same can be said to the rest of the actors in BBM.  I never knew them before either.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2006, 04:05:42 am »
Happened half an hour ago. I fumed. Don't they know that song is taken? >:(  Or perhaps that's just what they do know and are actively using........

Yep...'fuming' is a good word, Mikaela; 'livid' also works.  That's Donnie-effing-Darko's song!  This just goes to show that my aversion to all things related to commercializied XMess is well-placed!

>:( >:( >:(
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

mvansand76

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2006, 08:59:45 am »
That is rather funny!  I knew Jake as just another cute young actor but nothing else.  Didn't even know how to pronounce his last name.  LOL  But after BBM, he's everywhere.  Same can be said to the rest of the actors in BBM.  I never knew them before either.

Me too, JT! I can honestly say I had no clue who Heath Ledger was, even though I am quite a movie buff and had seen some of his movies. But in hindsight, this might also have to do with the fact that Heath is quite the chameleon, he looks different in every movie! We were watching "10 things I hate about you" this summer and I told my boyfriend, "look that's Ennis" and he didn't believe me.  ;D