Author Topic: What Are You Doing for New Year's Eve?  (Read 280670 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: What Are You Doing for New Year's Eve?
« Reply #290 on: January 01, 2015, 07:27:58 pm »
:laugh:   It's funny how we can associate a piece of clothing with someone, so it's hard to recognize someone without it.

Yeah.

Well, Michael and I know each other from Saturday nights at the bar. When I go out on a Saturday night I always dress in my "Western casual," as I call it. Until today he's actually never seen me without my cowboy hat.  ;D I probably wouldn't have recognized me, either!  :laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #291 on: January 03, 2015, 07:04:11 pm »
Happy New Year, buds!  Glad you all had a festive holiday. :-*

John Gallagher and I spent New Year's Eve Eve having dinner and seeing Lypsinka's fabulous "Boxed Set" in the East Village.  On NYE I helped sell tickets for a beautiful performance of the Rachmaninoff Vespers at Trinity Church on Wall Street.  Afterwards I went home and had a drink at a neighbor's party between doing 2 loads of laundry.  New Year's Day, a friend from Michigan, who's a fellow Lord of the Rings fan, flew in and we had lunch with another old LOTR groupie.  The next morning we joined yet another Ringer and saw the Hobbit movie in IMAX 3D and followed it with a four hour lunch at La Boite en Bois.  Last night at my place we watched the extra features of the first two Hobbit DVDs at my place and had a sleepover.  Now they've all gone home and I'm relaxing in a clean apartment and catching up on emails and TV.  It snowed this afternoon, so it seems to finally be winter!  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #292 on: January 03, 2015, 08:49:01 pm »
Wow, that was quite a fun-sounding few days you had, Meryl! Thanks for sharing it with us! I'm so glad you're close with our friend John. Give him a hug for me!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #293 on: January 03, 2015, 09:11:19 pm »
Wow, that was quite a fun-sounding few days you had, Meryl! Thanks for sharing it with us! I'm so glad you're close with our friend John. Give him a hug for me!

Sure enough, Lee! :)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Sophia

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #294 on: January 04, 2015, 04:42:03 pm »
Meryl, sounds like a fabulous time. So what did you and your LOTR friends think about the movie?

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #295 on: January 05, 2015, 04:02:57 pm »
looks like we all had great times on NYE!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Sophia

« Reply #296 on: January 05, 2015, 04:37:20 pm »
looks like we all had great times on NYE!

Your lovely comment, Chuck. Made me think of another great time. Our Brokie gatherings in NY. Meeting up for Breakfast in Central Park. Dinner in Harlem. West village Lunch at Cowgirl. Our walks on The High Line. Your first time at Five leaves. You know hanging around and talking.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #297 on: January 06, 2015, 12:11:43 am »
Meryl, sounds like a fabulous time. So what did you and your LOTR friends think about the movie?

We thought it was pretty good overall.  The fights go on for too long, but there are some nice moments.  Now if someone would just edit down the three movies into one 3-1/2 hour movie, it would be the greatest!  ;)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Sophia

« Reply #298 on: January 06, 2015, 01:40:20 pm »
We thought it was pretty good overall.  The fights go on for too long, but there are some nice moments.  Now if someone would just edit down the three movies into one 3-1/2 hour movie, it would be the greatest!  ;)

Haha... Have heard that they are planning to do the opposite. Add another 3-1/2 hour. So I 'm guessing your next get together might be a bit longer.  :)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #299 on: December 10, 2015, 01:17:29 pm »
Nice that New Year's Eve is a Thursday. That gives three days to recover before going back to work on Monday!  :laugh:

I'm already thinking I will make myself a nice dinner of steak and pasta, and then smarten up and go out and get drunk.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.