Author Topic: Just By Looking at You, Chapter 13 up!  (Read 48562 times)

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Just By Looking at You, Chapter 6 up!
« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2007, 01:14:50 pm »
Thank you! I am so proud of him, he has such wonderful talent. Hij gaat nu werken aan een schilderij van de Zaanse Schans! I am going to post more of his paintings soon...  :-*

Oh prachtig!

Look forward to them  :)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2007, 06:00:17 pm »
Kerry-I almost want to tell you to step away from the fan fiction because once you start it's up all night, pins and needles waiting for the next update, juggling multiple story lines and tears and heartache almost equal to the movie. And then again, AU happiness, becoming a part of a wonderful community and being exposed to some really terrific writers-kinda makes it all worthwhile.

Welcome to my world!

O0

Oops, tooooo late!!!   ::)

I'm well and thoroughly hooked already! And though I will always hold the original dear to my heart, I am loving the fan fiction stories. They are written with so much love. I'm also following another story and am so far up-to chapter 5 of it, but it appears I've got about 397 chapters to make-up!!!  Not that I'm complaining. I'm sure I'll love every moment of it! I still love the original and will always view it as "sacred text" - the tragedy of it. But these stories allow me to fantasize that Jack and Ennis somehow achieved happiness, and I need to believe that's somehow true.

Lovely to hear from you RouxB! I kinda feel I know you already, 'cause I've seen your pic elsewhere here (?a BBM function in Boston, if I remember correctly?)

Cheers,

Kerry
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2007, 06:13:35 pm »
Look what someone over at DC found me!! SQUEEE!! (In my excitement I didn't even see who... I think bbm_citygirl)

Not sure what SQUEEE means (?short for "squeal"?). Whatever it means, I agree, and double it! This pic of Jack on the subway with the oh-so-sad expression just knocked my little cotton sox right off! I just know who he's looking at, with that smouldering look! The cowboy with the big, rough hands!!! Sigh! (loooove the bed-hair!)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 06:17:20 pm by Kerry »
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2007, 06:25:50 pm »
But these stories allow me to fantasize that Jack and Ennis somehow achieved happiness, and I need to believe that's somehow true.

That's why I started reading them too, Kerry. I really needed to and believe me, they have so helped me heal and feel better again. :)

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2007, 07:10:22 pm »
Oops, tooooo late!!!   ::)

I'm well and thoroughly hooked already! And though I will always hold the original dear to my heart, I am loving the fan fiction stories. They are written with so much love. I'm also following another story and am so far up-to chapter 5 of it, but it appears I've got about 397 chapters to make-up!!!  Not that I'm complaining. I'm sure I'll love every moment of it! I still love the original and will always view it as "sacred text" - the tragedy of it. But these stories allow me to fantasize that Jack and Ennis somehow achieved happiness, and I need to believe that's somehow true.

Lovely to hear from you RouxB! I kinda feel I know you already, 'cause I've seen your pic elsewhere here (?a BBM function in Boston, if I remember correctly?)

Cheers,

Kerry

What's the other story you're following, if you don't mind me asking?? I'm always looking for recs... or for other people who read the same ones I do  ;)

Not sure what SQUEEE means (?short for "squeal"?). Whatever it means, I agree, and double it! This pic of Jack on the subway with the oh-so-sad expression just knocked my little cotton sox right off! I just know who he's looking at, with that smouldering look! The cowboy with the big, rough hands!!! Sigh! (loooove the bed-hair!)

LOL, you know, I have no clue what squeee means or where it came from... something that I picked up around here somewhere (from June I think!  :-* ) it's when you're so excited that that is the only noise you can make, I guess!

By the way everyone, I should have ch. 7 posted sometime tomorrow  ;D

June, that other thing I'm working on is coming a little slower than I expected because I got sick then the JBLaY muse struck, but I'm about half way through the first chapter!  :)
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2007, 07:38:58 pm »

LOL, you know, I have no clue what squeee means or where it came from... something that I picked up around here somewhere (from June I think!  :-* ) it's when you're so excited that that is the only noise you can make, I guess!
Haha Mandy! LMAO ~ well I picked it up from somewhere too! It feels real good to use sometimes even though it's rather silly!  ;D Over on the E&E threads they even started calling Squeeeeing Juneeeeeing!!!  ::)  ::)

By the way everyone, I should have ch. 7 posted sometime tomorrow  ;D
Well that deserves another SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE don't you think, Mandy??  :P  :-*

June, that other thing I'm working on is coming a little slower than I expected because I got sick then the JBLaY muse struck, but I'm about half way through the first chapter!  :)
You got sick again?  :( Awww  :( I'm not sad the JBLaY muse struck again so soon though!!! Whoooooo!!  ;D
God Mandy ~ I am SO looking forward to "that other thing" I can't wait to read your take on all of that!!! *excited*  :-*

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2007, 09:12:55 pm »
You got sick again?   Awww   I'm not sad the JBLaY muse struck again so soon though!!! Whoooooo!! 
God Mandy ~ I am SO looking forward to "that other thing" I can't wait to read your take on all of that!!! *excited* 

Yeah, the same thing I was so sick with before apparently never went away completely, so now I'm on even stronger meds and missing more work :-\ (not that I've really been missing it  ;) )

And I can't wait to see what you think once I finally post it!! I'm trying to decide just how "David" to make him... if you know what I mean. I'm having lots of fun writing it (which is weird since it's a pretty heavy fic mood wise...)

‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2007, 09:22:14 pm »
What's the other story you're following, if you don't mind me asking?? I'm always looking for recs... or for other people who read the same ones I do  ;)

I'm reading "A Love Born from Steel." I just love the idea that Jack and Ennis are living happily-ever-after somewhere, in a Queen Anne farmhouse in Texas!

I came to it via the back door, so to speak, in that I saw a thread in the Happy Holidays section, where Jack was sending messages about how he and Ennis celebrated Christmas. Well, I can't begin to tell you how moved I was, so I sent him a teary little message saying how happy I was for them. "Jack" sent the most beautiful message back - I still get a lump in my throat when I think about it. I was so thrilled to actually get a message from dear sweet Jack. And he made me laugh. Said that even though they looked back on ol' Brokeback with great fordness, they were much happier in their big ol' comfy bed together, than they ever were in the tent that smelled of cat piss or worse on Brokeback!

It was the message from Jack that made me realise there was another option. It wasn't all doom and gloom. I could fantasize about them living happy, loving, long lives together.

I read all of Jack's messages in the Happy Holidays section first, before visiting the fan fiction section - and actually read "Just by Looking at You," before visiting Lazy L Farm.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 09:33:44 pm by Kerry »
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2007, 09:41:43 pm »
A Love Born From Steel was my first fan fic... I still smile when I think about it  :)

Leslie's fic showed me that Jack and Ennis could have a happy ending, and I've been addicted ever since. I can't even imagine seeing those messages from lazy L jack before reading the story, I think it would have given me a heart attack!

Like I said before, I'm incredibly flattered that Just By Looking at You was your first fic and that you liked it so much! That means the world to me and I hope I can give our boys a happy ending too.  :-*

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2007, 09:48:29 pm »
EveryBODY happy

Everybody SQUEEE

O0

Heathen