Author Topic: Totally OT - just a little ramble form me.  (Read 2606 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Totally OT - just a little ramble form me.
« on: April 07, 2006, 04:38:27 am »
Heheheh.

I got an email in my work inbox this morning with the subject heading  “Storeys with a Twist: Annual Design Conference, Sheffield 25th May”

Guess what I thought of instead of work!?

Anyways, just a not to say hello and apologies for not being about so much the last few days.. as I said to Ray in another thread,

aww Ray! I love you! You're so cute for noticing my not-precence if ya get what I mean.

Well I do have my 4th date tomorrow night, but this is not the main reason for my lack of posting! (Was out n Sunday night last with him, he treated me to meal and I'm now thinking he is a sweet cute guy now rather than 'too nice'. I'll keep you posted if I fall madly in lust!!

No, its just I had a busy weekend and last few days (hennight, date, family stuff) and also I've just been making a conscious effort not to come online at work. I'm sure I'd have got sacked if they knew how much I was on IMDB! So I'm just ensuring I don't lose my job so that I have lots of money to be able to continue paying my broadband so I can talk to you lot!!

So I admit to having lurked about (and laughed a whole lot at Sheyne’s subtitles thread) about an okay (but not huge) amount but not having the time to reply. I do hope to do a fair bit of posting over the weekend though and catch up with my BBM obsession!!

Also I have been trying to not read the ‘isn’t the DVD great’ threads and I will wade into them come the 24th. Until then, I’m steering clear of them – I can’t cope with the jealousy!!

Ps - I'm at 12hrs 46mins now. I feel shame. In some ways i feel this is not enough, in other ways I feel this is too much!

PPS -

I was thinking last night how easily we have adapted to things, and what a great bunch we all are.

Like, I sat for about 15mins last night trying for the life of me to remember David's username on IMDB before thestudduck before I remebered it was thesoupnazi. and this board seems so familar after only 1 week. I think I would miss our little pictures at the side  if we were to suddenly return to IMDB!

Hmm.. i wish I had something jac/ennis?BBm related to add, but I don't... ah well!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

vkm91941

Re: Totally OT - just a little ramble form me.
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 04:48:34 am »
Welcome back Kelda and congrats on date #4!...I had date # Oh gee I've forgotten how many now, tonight, dinner in a nice little italian bistro and then we went up on Mt Helix and parked like teenagers until the cops knocked on the window with their flashlights and told us were a little old to be behaving like that, we laughed and they laughed and wished us a good night...we giggled like kids all the way home!  Such fun.

Offline Chanterais

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 06:50:55 am »
And what a lovely ramble it was too, Kelda. 

I've been on here one day, one hour and thirteen minutes, and I have to say, I'm awfully ashamed.  I'm in the midst of writing, as a friend put it, The Four Essays of the Apocalypse, and it's way too easy to just pop in here to see what's happening whenever I lose steam.

I popped in to IMDB yesterday to keep an eye on things, and, strangely enough, it felt weird.  I started to get kind of sad not knowing who was on at the same time, and not being able to modify my text very much, and oh, all sorts of things.  It just didn't feel comfortable.  It's like running into an old boyfriend: while you remember the good times, part of you wonders what you ever saw in them.  Anybody else have that feeling?  I like it here.  It's homey.

And now you've set me off trying to remember what Studly's name was before SoupNazi.  *Thinks for a long minute*  Was it VinceThe Fox?  Or was that someone else?

Kelda, always go for the nice guys.  They're rare.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006, 07:47:07 am »
It's like running into an old boyfriend: while you remember the good times, part of you wonders what you ever saw in them. 

oh my goodness you'v hit the nail on the head there!! and yes, nice guys are rare - I must keep reminding myself of that.

then we went up on Mt Helix and parked like teenagers until the cops knocked on the window with their flashlights and told us were a little old to be behaving like that, we laughed and they laughed and wished us a good night...we giggled like kids all the way home!  Such fun.

and Vic, ROFL!!! You go girl!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2006, 07:57:53 am »
Hiya K, it has been so lonely here on bettermost with out another Brit to back me up here and there! I am so happy you are back! ;D
I know what you mean about the 'the DVD is the best thing on this earth' threads! I have been constantly going on them and typing in capitals: STOP THE FACE RUBBING! I told them to stop rubbing my face in it cause we haven't got the DVD over here.
Although Karl (Kd5000) did suggest something interesting: That we should buy extra DVD's and donate them to all the libraries in our region. I replied back jokingly that you should take the north and I should take the south and then meet in the middle for a quick chat! ;)  I do think it is a good idea, but some how I am worried about the looks I would get from the people behind the library desks, and I am sure the case here is that they get new DVDs in anyway, without them being donated. And hey I can say it is a good idea, cause I wont be paying for it, I am Broke and my mum owns all my money at the moment! ;D
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.