Author Topic: UK DVD cover....  (Read 2262 times)

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
UK DVD cover....
« on: April 07, 2006, 11:55:24 am »
You guys have probably seen this, but just in case you haven't I thought I would post it again. As you will probably see at the bottom of this message that the UK DVD cover is different and it includes the BAFTA wins. Also some of you might have noticed the little thing that it says BEST FILM in big capital letters!

I am so excited now! I got this off play.com.you can see where I got it here:
http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=cntdn&page=title&r=R2&title=879641

Also I was checking to see if Jarhead was coming out soon(thank you to opinionista) Which it is on the 15th of May. And I noticed that they were counting down the days until BBM is released(as am I) 17 days to go!

I am so excited, this is the best news I have had in ages. ;D If you could see me now!  I am doing my stupid victory dance! LOL

Seeing as you guys have done what me and Kelda call "The DVD is the Best thing in the world" threads so I thought I would make my own! :P

VICTORY DANCE!

p.s someone please PM me! I have 13 messages and I am very superstisious(at least I would be if I could spell it) and I don't want this bad number to bring my good mood down!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 11:59:01 am by Becky »
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: UK DVD cover....
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 12:36:14 pm »
..................................................BUMP............................................................................
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 02:38:49 pm »
Hi Becky,

Thanks for putting up the UK version for us to see. Mine came in the mail MONDAY, (I live in the USA) and it was just the movie poster for the cover. There was no white border. No awards or anything like the one on AMAZON.com. I guess they printed them out pre-Oscar.

Glad to see BAFTA at the top.  I'm sure it will sell well in the UK. 

I had ordered off AMAZOn.com the short story, about a year ago. I must be the only one in the States that has an orange book cover for BBM. Evidently the seller ( I got it used) must have bought it in Britian. The price on the back is denominated in Sterling.  Have you seen any older BBM book jackets that are orange with cowboys in black silthouse (etching, so to speak)?  Maybe it's a collector, overhear at least. I thought I had lost it (it was so thin), just found it recently.

Yeah, the whole BAFTA thing makes me want to emigrate to the UK. :)

Rgds,

KARL   

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006, 04:27:34 pm »
Yeah, the only place I have seen the orange cover is on the net:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1857029402/qid=1144441041/sr=1-6/ref=sr_1_3_6/203-4229748-8395129

When I ordered my book I was going to get the orange cover, but then I saw the Jake and Heath cover, and I liked that one better (I wonder why) ::).
But my book now is all mushed up, 1) from reading it too much and 2) from the BAFTA experience. So now I am stuck with a rain-logged book with its back broken (or brokeback, whatever floats your chest of draws) and some of the colour merged on the cover. People have asked me, "Don't you want to get a new one, and throw that one out?" But I am just like NO! My book is full of memories (mainly freezing cold ones from Licester square) it even has my tear marks on the last few pages! I think I will probably keep that book for the rest of my life, hey maybe I can give it to my daughter(god forbid I have children) when she comes of age.

Anyway I really cant wait until the 24th, no doubt that I will be annoying you to no end when I get my copy! So good luck putting up with me for the next few weeks! :-*