Author Topic: I SABOTAGED THE NARNIA DISPLAY  (Read 18745 times)

Offline DeeDee

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: I SABOTAGED THE NARNIA DISPLAY
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2006, 03:01:21 pm »
Went into Circuit City today and it was everything Brokeback.. Huge poster in front of the store.  Big display in front and by the DVD's.. It did my heart good.
I love that they didn't cower down like Walmart.
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline RingerFanatic

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2006, 06:01:14 pm »
that's hilarious! I've been doing the same thing everytime I go into a Target. I go check out the dvd display to see how our BBM is doing. Depending on which store I go into, it's either doing very well or no business at all. So I do what any BBM fanatic would do. I take a couple of BBM dvds and spread them all over the store. LOL. I even put some near the cashier line so people are forced to look at it while waiting. I actually had some teenage girls pick one up and buy it! lol. Her friend tried to tell her to wait and just rent it, but she bought it.  I also did this at Border's. lol. I left one on a table near the line and this woman kept looking at it. It was as if she was afraid to pick it up and read it or something. She kept looking at it, then turning away....then looking at it...then away. It was actually kind of funny. It was some "high class entertainment" as Ennis would say. LOL

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2006, 06:10:33 pm »
They had a big display at the Barnes and Noble section for the DVD,  and in the checkout, they had the CD for sale, so they seem like progressive company.

I wonder what section of the video store this is going to be put in when it's out of the "New Release" section.  ALTERNATIVE LIFESTYLE WESTERN genre?   ;D

Offline kirkmusic

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Minstrel
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2006, 05:29:38 am »
Well you can guess what kind of display they have at the Tower Records in the Castro district in San Francisco!  A whole end unit with everything Brokeback.  DVD, soundtrack, books, magazines with any of the BBM gang on the cover, everything! ;D

Offline jura86

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2006, 05:49:34 am »
Hey Becky - James here reporting for duty!
I'll take Wales and the Midlands if you're doing all of the south, lol!
Sorry I haven't been in contact for ages or posting for AGESSS, but since I got home I tend to avoid my parent's dial-up internet connection as it mostly frustrates me. Its annoying that I'm missing out on all the Bettermost fun though - can't wait til I'm back in Notts with lovely broadband!
xx

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2006, 08:13:49 am »
So Kelda will take the North, you will take Wales and the Middlands and Me and my family will take the South.

The UK reporting for duty RT, We have got the whole of the UK on board, I repeat, the Uk is on for operation: Crappy Cover Up. All systems are go! :laugh:
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2006, 08:27:59 am »
Look what you have done RT! You have got people all over the world to do your dirty work! First all of you guys in the US, then me and Kelda in the UK and now Reanna in India. What's next, global domination? :D

Uhhh.... Ray and me can handle Australia easy enough...  Its a big ass country n'all but since we're both in Brisbane, its time to call in a few favours..  I got contacts in Melbourne and Canberra.  Ray is gonna have to come through with the goods on contacts in Sydney - that'll be a major coup for Operation BetterMost.  Either way, Brisbane will be "cleaned" thoroughly upon the release date WHICH WE STILL DON'T HAVE YET.

*pouts in corner*
*puts on Malaysian bootleg*
Chut up!

Offline Nicole

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Nicole R.
    • MY MySpace Page
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2006, 09:03:44 am »
Mandy and I (and Roland and Adrianna I assume?) are handling parts of eastern Canada!  Global domination y'all!
   Cowboys do it better

Offline Nicole

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Nicole R.
    • MY MySpace Page
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2006, 10:15:44 am »
Look what you have done RT! You have got people all over the world to do your dirty work! First all of you guys in the US, then me and Kelda in the UK and now Reanna in India. What's next, global domination? :D

Uhhh.... Ray and me can handle Australia easy enough...  Its a big ass country n'all but since we're both in Brisbane, its time to call in a few favours..  I got contacts in Melbourne and Canberra.  Ray is gonna have to come through with the goods on contacts in Sydney - that'll be a major coup for Operation BetterMost.  Either way, Brisbane will be "cleaned" thoroughly upon the release date WHICH WE STILL DON'T HAVE YET.

*pouts in corner*
*puts on Malaysian bootleg*

*pouts in corner over the fact that I don't have the Malaysian bootleg*  I would buy it just for the laughs!
   Cowboys do it better

rtprod

« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2006, 10:52:06 am »
Look what you have done RT! You have got people all over the world to do your dirty work! First all of you guys in the US, then me and Kelda in the UK and now Reanna in India. What's next, global domination?

See what strength we have in numbers?  Y'all have done me sooo proud on this thread.  Funny how a little joke started an international movement, eh?  Thanks to all who reported for duty -- I feel like V in the final reel of "Vendetta," actually!  LOL.     :laugh:

Love you all.

yours,

rt