Author Topic: Post your teenage crushes... don't be shy!  (Read 154564 times)

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Post your teenage crushes... don't be shy!
« Reply #280 on: April 08, 2007, 09:08:56 pm »
wow, a lot of NY'ers here!  I lived abroad, a few places in the US but NY was always home base until....last year.

You can take a guy out a NY but you can't take NY out  lol.
To this day--and this has been forever--I have no problem whatsoever with remote rural areas, small unsuburbanised rural cities  or Midtown, but can't take the burbs or awful provincial cities like Cleveland or Atlanta or Houston! 

No problem with Cheyenne or Ogalallah at all, but Fort Collins, the Northeast burbs, a big smear like SoCal??? No way in Hell.
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #281 on: April 08, 2007, 11:11:26 pm »
Wonderama had go go dancers?

I remember the go go dancers on Shindig and Hullabaloo, but not Wonderama.

Here's a website where you can waste lots of time:

http://www.tvparty.com/lostkids1.html

Leslie

Thanks for posting this link, L.  I spent about 10 minutes on it, reading people's remembrances of actually having been on Wonderama as kids, and one girl (now woman) did write that once Bob McAllister was the host, there were child go-go dancers in cages and she got to be one once.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #282 on: April 08, 2007, 11:20:36 pm »
Wow, Jeff, I had no idea Karen was Peggy Lipton's daughter! But now that I know, I can see a resemblance.

I didn't, either, until I saw a profile on her in TV Guide. That's when I said to myself, I feel old. ...  :laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #283 on: April 08, 2007, 11:42:31 pm »
I didn't, either, until I saw a profile on her in TV Guide. That's when I said to myself, I feel old. ...  :laugh:

Well, that's why you have to look up her mom! You can say, wow, her mom's hot, and she's way older than me, ergo I must still be hot, too ...

:laugh:

Quincy, on the other hand, looks more average for his age (74). However, his supposed girlfriend (who, according to this blog, is 19) is more than 40 years younger than Peggy.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #284 on: April 09, 2007, 02:01:24 am »
Well, that's why you have to look up her mom! You can say, wow, her mom's hot, and she's way older than me, ergo I must still be hot, too ...

Oops, I think you put an unintentional R in that blue word.   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #285 on: April 09, 2007, 09:51:37 am »

Oops, I think you put an unintentional R in that blue word.   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Lately I've been spending half my time online laughing at your jokes.

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #286 on: April 09, 2007, 10:36:37 am »
Thanks for posting this link, L.  I spent about 10 minutes on it, reading people's remembrances of actually having been on Wonderama as kids, and one girl (now woman) did write that once Bob McAllister was the host, there were child go-go dancers in cages and she got to be one once.

Thanks for posting this.  I knew I remembered  go go dancers who were kids and yes I remember they were in cages and they wore mini-dresses and really cool shoes.  Imagine, a time when they could have child go-go dancers and get away with it.  But I definitely remembered that and I even remember thinking how odd it was, when I was even probably younger than them.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #287 on: April 09, 2007, 10:40:10 am »
Thanks for posting this.  I knew I remembered  go go dancers who were kids and yes I remember they were in cages and they wore mini-dresses and really cool shoes.  Imagine, a time when they could have child go-go dancers and get away with it.  But I definitely remembered that and I even remember thinking how odd it was, when I was even probably younger than them.

And I don't remember the Bob McAllister Wonderama at all. I am definitely of the Sonny Fox era.

Anyone remember the Sandy Becker show on Saturday mornings?

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #288 on: April 09, 2007, 10:54:16 am »
L,

But I had no idea what I was remembering so you could have easily been right too that it was on another show. :)
I think there were even others too that it might have been on.

And you mentioned another thing that I remember well.  The Million Dollar Movie, we always used to watch those.

But right now I can't remember any of the movies ::)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #289 on: April 09, 2007, 11:41:43 am »

Well, thanks for that, Little Darlin', but hot and me are two things that never went together.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.