Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 534524 times)

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #210 on: December 07, 2006, 12:30:44 pm »

And I don't find it too graphic, David - anybody else?  After all, we survived "Wedding Tackle."

ROFLOL!     Yeah, I just came back strike that part out!   

We routinely read about our boys putting their tongues in places and doing things to eachother like farm animals!     Why should a frank discussion about safe sex be any different?    LOL

Truth is, even today HIV and AIDS is still the white elephant in the room.   It is there but everyone tippy toes around it.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #211 on: December 07, 2006, 12:31:27 pm »
Not too graphic for me, but then again, I am the resident health professional here.

Re: wedding tackle. Here's an interesting article for people who would like to learn more:

On the Matter of Size: The inexact science of penis measurement.

http://www.slate.com/id/2136061

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline David

« Reply #212 on: December 07, 2006, 12:36:55 pm »
Interesting article Leslie!

...If someone else is doing the measuring, well, the numbers come out lower. But go ahead, add a little extra. After all, it's Valentine's Day. 

:laugh:      :laugh:      :laugh:       :laugh:      :laugh:        :laugh:

Offline moia

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #213 on: December 07, 2006, 12:40:05 pm »
*delurks*
*waves*

Hello. Um. Since I've already posted comments on livejournal I thought perhaps I'd delurk here as well. I've been reading the Ennis&Ellery thread a long time and this one as well and I want to let everyone know that I've been reading and enjoying the discussions, um, pictures *blush* and various antics :)
I'm really not used to writing in forums, so I hope I don't do anything wrong here.

SPOILER
 :)

;)

;D

:D

8)

:P

I hope Jeremy realizes some day that Ellery really means no harm, but quite the contrary, help him out. I don't think he'll rub the 80% straight in Dupree's nose. Though then again he could, since he has a sharp tongue. On the other hand, Jeremy is right. Ellery doesn't seem to understand what he is going through. I think Sanchez understands Jeremy better. I wonder now if Jeremy'll continue confiding in Ennis, after Ellery's obvious hints.

I agree with opinionista. I'm afraid perhaps Jeremy won't confide in Ennis anymore and I really hope he does. Because he needs a friend right now and I'm not sure who else could give him better advice than Ennis who went through all this before.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #214 on: December 07, 2006, 12:44:27 pm »
Moia,

Welcome! Glad to have you here. Please de-lurk and join in the fun...and it is lots of fun.

We have one rule at Bettermost and it has served us well: no personal attacks. Beyond that, it is pretty hard to do anything "wrong."

As you are probably aware, we have a re-reading group over on the E&E thread. Join us if you want to relive the Saga from the very beginning.

Leslie
Moderator, Fanfiction
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline David

« Reply #215 on: December 07, 2006, 12:44:37 pm »
Agreed.  Ennis really is Duprees closest friend.    I'd hate to see that diminish.

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #216 on: December 07, 2006, 01:04:00 pm »
David, a question for you.
Your a gay man. Why is it that when a woman, finds out that a man she likes is gay(Paula with Ellery) she considers it to be a "waste"? I dont geddit. ??? Why is Elery being with a guy instead of a gal a waste?

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #217 on: December 07, 2006, 01:10:11 pm »
David, a question for you.
Your a gay man. Why is it that when a woman, finds out that a man she likes is gay(Paula with Ellery) she considers it to be a "waste"? I dont geddit. ??? Why is Elery being with a guy instead of a gal a waste?

You asked David, but I'll throw my 2 cents in....I don't think Ellery being with Ennis is "a waste" since they are truly happy and very much in love. However, speaking as a woman, and thinking like Paula, if Jeremy is gay, he is out of circulation for *her*. I am sure you've heard the expression, "Why is it that all the good looking guys are either married or gay?" I think that is where she is coming from in terms of it being "a waste."

L

Offline moia

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #218 on: December 07, 2006, 01:12:46 pm »
Thanks for the friendly welcome :) It's fun too just reading you all, it really is. I just... I never got accustomed to the forum format and that may be why I've been lurking so long.

Yes, I did start the reread, but I can't read only 5 chapters in one day if they're there, waiting for me, so I read 36 in one day and stopped after that ;) for now anyway.

And as I've written to Louise before in email I do wonder how come Ennis is Jeremy's closest friend. Jeremy did as far as I remember finish college in Laramie and he should have made at least one friend, no? He's not exactly unlikable! I think it may be he was working hard even before we met him and he just didn't have time for socializing much. I am very curious to hear more about Jeremy's back story if any at all comes up :)

I also agree with Leslie's answer to souxi's question.

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #219 on: December 07, 2006, 01:13:37 pm »
You asked David, but I'll throw my 2 cents in....I don't think Ellery being with Ennis is "a waste" since they are truly happy and very much in love. However, speaking as a woman, and thinking like Paula, if Jeremy is gay, he is out of circulation for *her*. I am sure you've heard the expression, "Why is it that all the good looking guys are either married or gay?" I think that is where she is coming from in terms of it being "a waste."

L

Oh yeah I,ve heard that expresion, and I certainly dont think Ellery being with Ennis is a "waste" either. I just wonder why women say that, as if they,d be better off with a woman and somehow being with a guy is second best or something. Just wondered.