Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 534397 times)

yb

Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #450 on: December 10, 2006, 11:48:34 pm »
I think Jo said "most youngsters in his age group" not all of them ..  :)

My bad, sorry about this oversight.  But I still don't think that's a sufficient excuse for his behaviour.  But that's just me.  Anyway, I have accepted that Dupree and Nick will be together, I just hope, for Dupree's sake, Nick will not screw up this time. 

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #451 on: December 10, 2006, 11:55:14 pm »
Anyway, I have accepted that Dupree and Nick will be together, I just hope, for Dupree's sake, Nick will not screw up this time. 

Who knows what Louise will do next?   
I never figured in the beginning that Nick would have this many issues, did you? lol..
So I've stopped guessing on what might happen next ..  ;D

Offline David

« Reply #452 on: December 11, 2006, 12:10:38 am »
The trouble with people who have low self esteem and self loathing is that they do bad things to push people away.     I can see Nick intensionally fucking up because he doesn't think that he is good enough for Jeremy.

THAT IS NOT A PLOT IDEA LOUISE!   So let's not go there!   LOL.

But we all love Dupree too much to want to see that happen.   

First of all, Dupree needs to chill out a little too.   He needs to admit that he is attracted to guys, not girls.   He needs to admit that he also has feelings for Nick.  But he needs to also keep reassuring Nick that he isn't going anywhere.   Nick is like a small child.  He will need constant attention and reassurance that Jeremy isn't losing interest.   

I hope Nick behaves himself.   I don't want to see Jeremy hurt.   

But what do you think the chances are of Nick sitting upstairs over that bar knitting a blanket waiting for Jeremy to decide if he's gay or not?

« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 12:21:13 am by DavidinHartford »

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #453 on: December 11, 2006, 12:15:39 am »

But what do you think the chances are of Nick sitting upstairs over that bar knitting a blanket waiting for Jeremy to decide if he's gay or not?

That's an idea!!  We could get the Knitting Guru herself to teach him how to knit and purl.
No, not Edna, Cousin Julia!   ;D

No..scrub that, she'll only succeed in making him drink more! lol..

Offline magicmountain

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Fire from heaven
« Reply #454 on: December 11, 2006, 12:32:36 am »
Nobody is all bad or all good. Nick could go either way.

I guess our reactions to Nick are coloured by our own predispositions, experiences and expectations of human nature as well as our sense of protectiveness towards Dupree. Nick has behaved very badly - no doubt about that.

Did anyone see those episodes in Queer as Folk where Ted fell in love with a young drug addict whom he tried to rehabilitate and was badly let down? But in one of the last episodes he bumped into him again at a ski resort where he had come to compete in a sports competition. He had apparently got his act together and got clear of drugs. Things looked hopeful at last.

Whatever happens its bound to be a bumpy road for Jeremy and Nick.

Yes the Red Stallion could be a temptation but Nick knows that one wrong move and Dupree will hear all about it - certainly from Lauren!
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #455 on: December 11, 2006, 12:41:15 am »

I am liking the Nick at the Bar pic David!  8)

Offline David

« Reply #456 on: December 11, 2006, 12:41:32 am »
Heartwrecker, Heartwrecker, Make me delight.
Right is so vague when it brings someone new.
This time tomorrow I'll know what to do.
I know it's happened to you ... " STAY "

DAVID BOWIE

Offline NavyVet

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Harm/Tony - My fav rare pair
« Reply #457 on: December 11, 2006, 12:43:34 am »
I'm up to Chapter 17 of the story and page 23 of this thread.  It's been an intense non-stop reading session all afternoon and evening.  So much to digest but I hope to catch up soon.

This was a very powerful and emotional chapter for me - I left comments on the LJ - and would be happy to discuss particulars with anyone interested.
NavyVet
"Brokeback Mountain:  Where slash is canon!"

Offline David

« Reply #458 on: December 11, 2006, 12:52:43 am »
Howdy NavyVet!

You sure do have some catching up to do!     If you thought Chapter 17 was rough, you aint seen nothing yet!!

Fasten your seatbelt, it's gonna be a bumpy ride!   

Oh,  and bring tissues.  Lots and lots a tissues.

yb

« Reply #459 on: December 11, 2006, 01:00:52 am »
Jo, your points are well-taken and logical.  But it’s not that I’m not willing to trust Nick has the intention to change for Dupree, it’s from Louise’s writing that I am skeptical about it, allow me to quote the following paragraph from chapter 28:

Nick felt a shiver go up his neck as the cold gray eyes of the older man sitting across from him settled on him critically, reminding him of the feeling he had during inspection when an admiral came through. Same sharp, intelligent gaze, undistracted and unwavering. Yeah... I’d want em too if he ever gave me a look.

Do you think it is any proof that he is going to change?  As I’ve said, I hope I’m wrong for Dupree’s sake.  (Actually, scratch that, I hope I’m right because I’ve been rooting for another character for Dupree.)