Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 534739 times)

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #560 on: December 12, 2006, 09:09:37 am »
Simon Says?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Karen

Offline moia

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #561 on: December 12, 2006, 09:17:03 am »
Alternate Titles:  "A Poke for Pookie",   or "Simon Says"     ;D
Very funny  :laugh:  ;D

I wouldn't mind seeing the story of how the sweetest couple in the Red stallion came to be, but if Louise does it - I sure want it to be short because I feel as though any story is sadly more interesting if there's lots of problems, drama, inner turmoil etc. And I just want them to be happy and sweet and in love the way they are. And if they're not really? I don't want to know!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #562 on: December 12, 2006, 09:20:20 am »
Simon Says?

I roared!

What a great idea for a story.  I'll do it!  Lauren was assistant bartender working for Wayne and Bill when he met Simon, so this story would have the added feature of "more Wayne goodness" in it, from back when Wayne was the bartender, and Bill was doing funny deals from the office of the bar with "Far West Productions."
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #563 on: December 12, 2006, 09:27:40 am »
Good morning Louise!

As much as we all adore Lauren,  how are these two doing this morning?

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #564 on: December 12, 2006, 09:34:03 am »
Morning all,

Back from Washington DC in one piece, and my sweet family let me sleep in this morning. Of course, when I got back at midnight, I had to read all the chapters I missed yesterday. There is something nice about being able to catch up on five chapters in one fell swoop.

Random thoughts (slightly spoilerish): The whole lumberyard/Keynes/Lance/Nick thing...all of the smacks of a slightly unsavory side to "Queer World" which they all seem to be in the know about. In Nick's case, this makes me a little sad since he is young. Lance too, although Lance seems to have been living life on the edge and probably knows more about other stuff, too. Jeremy seems naive about this and in this way, reminds me of Ennis (I am re-reading Taking Chances and Ennis's beginning understandings of Queer World, which, as we all know has never included semi-anonymous sex).

Anyway, just a thought...

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline moia

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #565 on: December 12, 2006, 09:37:15 am »
Simon Says?

I roared!

What a great idea for a story.  I'll do it!  Lauren was assistant bartender working for Wayne and Bill when he met Simon, so this story would have the added feature of "more Wayne goodness" in it, from back when Wayne was the bartender, and Bill was doing funny deals from the office of the bar with "Far West Productions."

!!! Oh, that's wonderful! I will be looking forward to this one  ;D :) I didn't think you'd actually go for it!

And, um, I'm wondering that myself, David  ;) Lovely pictures...

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #566 on: December 12, 2006, 09:58:55 am »
you folks are nothing if not focused.

I was disturbed by a salesman earlier and I am just getting started.  I have to catch up in chat with Leslie first though!!!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #567 on: December 12, 2006, 10:09:53 am »
Simon Says?

I roared!

Wow - Thank you, Louise! You've made my day!

I was kinda, sorta, half-joking (I didn't want to pester you!), but really hoping you'd think it was a good idea! 

I'd love to see more Wayne (and even more Bill - get to know him a little better).  And, not to pester even more  ;D- but now that we've met Lauren's dad and we know of his acceptance (even if he's not exactly thrilled) of Lauren's life, I'm curious about the details of Lauren's coming out to his family.

And Thank You, David - I think it was the "Simon Says' that was the clincher - who could resist that title!    :laugh:

Thanks again - Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #568 on: December 12, 2006, 10:17:57 am »
Afternoon peeps. Finally back from christmas shopping. Old people and shopping trolleys are a bloody nightmare!! If I get one more bashed into my ankles I shall push one of em over!! >:( >:( >:( >:(
Right, now bk to the important things lol. Love that chapter with Simon and pookie. Really lovely it was. I like the idea of a story just about them too as well. They are a sweet couple.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #569 on: December 12, 2006, 11:12:12 am »
Morning all,

Back from Washington DC in one piece, and my sweet family let me sleep in this morning. Of course, when I got back at midnight, I had to read all the chapters I missed yesterday. There is something nice about being able to catch up on five chapters in one fell swoop.

L

hi leslie, welcome back!  :)

i love catching up! I'd do it more if i could only manage to resist reading the chapters... ;D
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'