Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 534773 times)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #580 on: December 12, 2006, 01:37:27 pm »

Mornin peeps!

Leslie - Welcome back !  ;)

Louise ~ Good news on the Simon and his Pookie story!!

Souxi ~ I know, Christmas Shopping can be a nightmare .. lol .. I was at Toys R Us last night .. man!  After 30 minutes I was more than ready to get out of there! lol..

David ~ I may sound thicker than a whale omelette..lol, but can someone explain the "Simon Says" joke to me?  I love "A Poke for Pookie" ..  ;D
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 02:22:04 pm by Lucise »

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • no way out but through
« Reply #581 on: December 12, 2006, 01:44:27 pm »
That is quite the understatement.   Not only will Jeremy be devastated, it will undermine any progress the two boys have made so far.

Someone (other than Jeremy) needs to sit this boy down and tell him that Jeremy is worth behaving himself over.   Damn that legbone!     We need Ennis!

So true, so true!!!

(I'm at chap 23 I think, only a gazillion more to go...)
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline David

« Reply #582 on: December 12, 2006, 01:54:10 pm »

David ~ I may sound thicker than a whale omelette..lol, but can someone explain the "Simon Says" joke to me? 

Sure thing Darlin!

Here is the description from Wikipedia:

Simon says is a game for three or more players (most often children). One of the people is "it" -- i.e., Simon. The others must do what Simon tells them to do. The catch is, the magic phrase is "Simon says". If Simon says "Simon says jump.", you jump (if you don't jump, you're out). However, if Simon says simply "jump", without first saying "Simon says", you don't jump (if you do jump, you're out). In general, it's the spirit of the command, not the actions that matters; if Simon says "Simon says touch your toes.", you only have to show you're trying to touch your toes. It's the ability to distinguish between valid and invalid demands, rather than physical ability, that matters here.

A closely related game is "Mother May I?"

See how this could be interesting if played during sex?  <big evil grin>

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #583 on: December 12, 2006, 02:00:36 pm »
Ahhhh!

Cheers David!   8)  ;D

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #584 on: December 12, 2006, 02:13:46 pm »
so basically what we have here is:

for example

"Simon says: take off those pants."

(Lauren takes off his pants.)

"Simon says:  bend over and grab your ankles."

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #585 on: December 12, 2006, 02:24:26 pm »
YB, I think I'm with you in your thoughts here. I too think that it looks as if the story is reaching a conclusion where Nick and Dupree will be together, though I also was hoping for a different character for Dupree in the end. To contrast the (possibly) negative implications of the quote you've given, there is also the much more optimistic implication of Nick's reflecting on Ellery's words to Ennis on the phone: "I love you sweetheart" and hoping that eventually he might hear that from Dupree.

On a different level of reading, there is still another reason for assuming we'll be getting a Nick/Dupree happy ending: Simply, there are now no longer any viable alternatives left there in Laramie. After reading about Jeeves' romp in the rumpus room with Lance, we must surely be glad that Dupree isn't going to have to experience that if he'd chosen Jeeves. I think we can finally rule out him, and then we have to recognise there isn't anyone else who could seriously be considered among the unattached gay men we've seen so far. All the good ones are taken! 

(Now, let's see Louise come along and counfound all our expectations). :-\

One alternative, not yet proposed, is that Dupree may end up alone, by choice?  (I gave up trying to predict Louise long ago, so I'm not saying this is what I think/expect/want... just mentioning it as a possiblity)
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #586 on: December 12, 2006, 02:32:01 pm »
nothing is over till its over, and the boys stop yammering in my ear.

Don't let them hurt your legbone Louise!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 03:02:55 pm by notBastet »

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #587 on: December 12, 2006, 02:35:54 pm »
One alternative, not yet proposed, is that Dupree may end up alone, by choice?  (I gave up trying to predict Louise long ago, so I'm not saying this is what I think/expect/want... just mentioning it as a possiblity)

Hi notBastet! 

Yep - I thought of that, too - mentioned it on back on page 32(?)  Not that I want it either, just that that might be his "choice."  And I, too, learned long ago not to try and predict what's going to happen!  Besides, I'm having too much fun on the ride!

Thanks - Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #588 on: December 12, 2006, 02:42:45 pm »
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline richardg49

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • 'Keep on trucking'
« Reply #589 on: December 12, 2006, 02:51:08 pm »
so basically what we have here is:

for example

"Simon says: take off those pants."

(Lauren takes off his pants.)

"Simon says:  bend over and grab your ankles."

Wow, Louise, that's impressive!  No sooner do you promise to write a Simon/Lauren story than it's done!
I guess I could have hoped for a little more plot/background/setting/character development/etc, but beggars can't be choosers.

[Hey, now! - "Beggars can't be choosers" sounds like a good title for a Jeeves/Lance chapter. What d'ya think?]
I gave him what I hoped was that hopeful innocent puppy look that said “don’t you just want ta rub my tummy” rather than that hungry, ravenous wolf look that said “why don’t you just come out a that brick house so I can eat you up little pig?” LVH: 'What I did on my Day Off'