Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 534751 times)

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #680 on: December 13, 2006, 08:41:51 pm »
Just to be fair in my picture posting,  here is one of Lance.

"Hey Jeevesy, I've been bad you know"

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #681 on: December 13, 2006, 09:00:24 pm »

Jeeves:  "You realize, you will have to be punished.  Now take off those pants."

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline David

« Reply #682 on: December 13, 2006, 10:01:02 pm »
Another visit with Doctor Sampson

"Um, Doctor Sampson,  Nick told me you needed to see me.   I am on my way to court ya know.  We got, er, have a big murder trial going right now."

"I understand Detective Dupree.  This will not take long.   Nick tells me that you have not had any previous sexual encounters of the same sex variety."

"Um, No sir.  You can call me Jeremy.  Nick is my first Sir.   And for that matter I haven't really had much sexual experience with the female variety either."

"Then how do you know you are a homosexual then?"

"That was the $64,000 dollar question.   But now I'm sure It's your son I'm crazy about.   I've never felt this way about anyone in my life."

"Well that's all well and nice.  Nick seems to think he is in love with you. Now let me go get some gloves, meanwhile go ahead and get undressed."

<Jeremy thinks to himself:  Geez, why am I always getting undressed in front of a Sampson?  Thank god his mother wasn't a Doctor!>

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #683 on: December 13, 2006, 10:10:29 pm »
muah ahahahahahaha.  Old Doc S. is going to perform a procto hm?
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline David

« Reply #684 on: December 13, 2006, 10:19:25 pm »
muah ahahahahahaha.  Old Doc S. is going to perform a procto hm?

LOL!  OMG  NO!   Let's leave that job to Nick!    ;)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #685 on: December 13, 2006, 10:31:01 pm »
well gee David when you said he was getting out the gloves...

I naturally thought...

but you're right.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #686 on: December 13, 2006, 11:06:27 pm »
okay, something is very very wrong with my Livejournal.

I have reported it to Support, but for those of you who can NOT see my latest entry, here is Chapter 44:

44.   Nick

The weather had moderated some by afternoon, and Nick put on his running sweats, and headed east on a slow lope, working up to running speed by the time he got to his parents’ house, put his key in the door and stepped in.

His mother came out of the kitchen, wiping her hands on a dishtowel, face pale.  “Nicholas!”

“Hi Momma.”  He came over to her and put an arm around her shoulder, kissing her cheek, and she raised a hand to his shoulder, patting it.

“Is everything okay?”

“Thought I’d come an straighten out a few things with you an Daddy.  He around?”

“He’s upstairs in his office, son.”

“Should I go up?”

“You just relax, I’ll go tell em.  We can talk in the livin room.”

Nick lighted a cigarette and hung up his coat and hat, and had just sat down when his parents appeared at the door, his father looking sleepless and weary.  This can’t be good.

“Nicholas,” Dr. Sampson said, taking the recliner seat adjacent to him.  Sarah Sampson hovered by the door, until his father looked up at her, giving an unspoken order, and she sat down in a chair across the room.

“Hi Daddy.  Ya spoke ta Jeremy, so he says.”

“I thought you were having a... a relationship... with Deputy Cantrell,” Sampson said, his voice strained.

“I never said that,” Nick’s voice grew harsh, and he shot a look of reproach at his mother.

“It was a terrible misunderstanding,” she said in a hushed voice.

“Made a fool out a myself down there.  I’m surprised Cantrell hasn’t called me ta fire me as his doctor.”

“Maybe he plans to,” Nick said softly, earning him a glare from his father.  “Just... sayin...”

“Son, I only went down there out of concern for you.  I’ve spent the last several nights reading all I can get my hands on about this... AIDS... gay cancer.  They still haven’t approved the test, and it is still flawed... but there might be some hope if this boy hasn’t been with any other men and you...”

“I been with other guys, Daddy.  An I’m usin protection so if I am infected he won’t get it.”

“Oh Nick...” the heartbroken look on his father’s face shook Nick to the roots, and to his shock, he began to cry.  “I’m not sure... I could face this... my only son... my child...”

“I didn’t say I was sick, Daddy,” he said, panicked.  “Nobody knew about this.  Ya think I would a gone an ... done it with anybody if I knew?  Nobody knew!”

Sampson sobbed, then looked back up, sniffing hard, obviously trying to pull himself together.  “I was hoping... you would tell me... this was your first...”

“No.  I can’t tell you that, Daddy.”

“How... how many...”

“I ain’t tellin you that, Daddy.  You ain’t got a right ta know.”

“I do.  I’m a doctor, Nick.”

“I ain’t sick, Daddy.  An I had my last physical three weeks ago when I was processed for discharge.  There ain’t no reason ta believe I’m sick.  I wish you’d just calm down.”

“It was bad enough to think about... you bein... not normal –“ his mother interjected.

“Sarah.”  Sampson’s use of his wife’s name was a command, not an endearment, and her teeth clicked as she shut her mouth.

“I am normal.  Just... queer.  And I am in love with Jeremy.  An you ain’t gonna keep em from me.”

“If you have spoken with him, son, he should have told you that I accepted this... relationship you have decided on.  He seems like a decent boy, and I can’t argue with his choice of profession, but this... club...”

“Daddy, it’s temporary.  Ta find a real job in photography is gonna take a while an I only just got home ten days ago.  An there’s security an all – hell, Jeremy works nights as part a their security!”

“I didn’t know that.”

“An they got guys retired from the State Patrol up there every night keepin a watch ta make sure there is no trouble.”

“That’s probably because of the shootings this summer.”

“Shootins?”  Nick blinked.

“There was a gang of men... out hunting queer boys... killed three of em... and Cantrell shot one of the snipers right in the chest,” Sampson said.

“Holy shit.  I didn’t know he was a sharpshooter.”

“He’s going to get some sort of medal for it or something.  The guy survived too.  Turned in his buddies.”

Nick’s eyes went wide.  Somehow, his impression of Ellery Cantrell did not jibe with a rifle-wielding sharpshooter shooting a criminal in the chest.  “Wow, no wonder you two are nervous.  But that place is loaded with security up there.  Armed, too.”

“I bet it wasn’t before all this happened, though,” Sampson said.  “I want you to watch yourself, Nick.  Be careful, all the time.  And don’t go doing anythin in public to call attention.”

“Ta me bein queer ya mean,” Nick said, shoving his hands in his pockets.  “I was in the Navy four years doin it with guys an never got caught at it so I ain’t gonna get caught out in public neither, Daddy.”

Sampson winced.  “Son... I’m just saying.  Keep an eye out.”

“We love you, Nick.  We would rather you come back, an look after you until you get a proper job, an stay out of that... club," his mother said.

Nick shook his head.  “No, Momma.  I got ta find my own way.  I’m happy doin what I’m doin an I don’t want ta sit around waitin for the phone ta ring while I look for a proper job.  An I’m gonna keep seein Jeremy.  If ya want I’ll come by for dinner or somethin, but not Sundays .. that is the only day Jeremy has completely free an I want ta spend it with em.”

“I want you to get a blood test, son.”

“I had blood tests.”

“I want to see the blood tests you had done.  I want to make sure there isn’t any evidence.  And as soon as that test becomes available, I want you to take it.”

“Okay, Daddy.  I don’t want ta get no AIDS neither, ya know.”

“I didn’t think so.  I’m glad you’ve been showing some sense there.”

“I got ta go now.  Gotta finish my run an go ta work.”

“We love you son,” came the plaintive refrain of his mother.

“I know Momma. I love you too.”

He heaved a sigh of relief as his jogging gait brought him out of sight of his parents’ home.  They could be a lot worse pains in the ass, I suppose.

Offline BBMaddict

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #687 on: December 13, 2006, 11:16:00 pm »
okay, something is very very wrong with my Livejournal.

I have reported it to Support, but for those of you who can NOT see my latest entry, here is Chapter 44:

Actually I can see it in there but it shows up right after Chap 41?

Offline synne

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #688 on: December 14, 2006, 12:19:28 am »

Readers' suggestions:

• a Christmas story (sorry! I did forget, it was a little while ago! I presume it would be mostly about Ellery and Ennis celebrating Christmas... and it is wintertime in the northern hemisphere as well as in Laramie now so it would be kind of sweet! Especially if Louise posts it around the holiday :D :D)

If anyone has anything to add, just go ahead :)

p.s. I'm 'junior ranch hand'! Perhaps soon I won't feel like such a newby anymore :)
Future story
Would be nice to see how they ordinary lives go on ( lets say) five years from now…

Offline magicmountain

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Fire from heaven
« Reply #689 on: December 14, 2006, 04:21:01 am »
I honestly don't see why the Laramie Sagas can't be a never ending daily feature.    There are enough colourful characters for interaction.

Ellery
Ennis
Jeremy
Nick
Wes
Edna
Lauren
Simon
Jeeves
Lance
Wayne
Joe Tooey
Carol
Sanchez
Reynolds
Nate
Dr. & Mrs Sampson
Ennis's Girls
Alma Beers DelMar -?

surprize visits from:

Jeremys parents?
Bobby Twist?
Gabe Blackwell?

And new situations?

A new truck for Ennis?
Jeremy professes his love for Nick?
Lance brings home a 3rd for Jeeves to play with?

oh the possibilities are endless!

And so can the pictures!    He he he!

Although I had trouble finding a pic of a guy nibbling on another guys nipple that had any resemblance to Nick and Jeremy.   But the research was fun!

God there was never so much fun to be had since dressing up Ken and Barbie (or should I say Ken and Ken!)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 04:36:01 am by magicmountain »
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great