Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 534744 times)

yb

Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #830 on: December 19, 2006, 09:36:06 pm »
Louise, does it mean your job-search has come to an end?  If so, congratulations and I hope you'll settle down in your new job/place without any problem.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #831 on: December 19, 2006, 09:41:21 pm »
Ah....SPOILER

What a great paragraph:

I was lookin at Ennis. I didn’t mean to stare, but by now, between my anger at Bill for burnin a whole fuckin day on this stupid-ass shit, and my gettin blindsided by an unexpected attraction to a poor ranchhand who smokes his Marlboros to the dog-end, fascinatin me with his unselfconscious little masculine habits and his open sympathy for the little shit, who was just tryin to manipulate his way out of some bullshit he had dug himself too deep in, I realized my cigar had gone out an lighted it again, and when I looked back up at Ennis, he was lookin back at me, and then I felt it. And he flinched away as my pulse started in racin. There was no mistakin the look on Ennis’s face. He might not be ready for me, but he was sure thinkin about it.

Oh....

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

yb

« Reply #832 on: December 19, 2006, 09:44:44 pm »
Ah....SPOILER

What a great paragraph:

I was lookin at Ennis. I didn’t mean to stare, but by now, between my anger at Bill for burnin a whole fuckin day on this stupid-ass shit, and my gettin blindsided by an unexpected attraction to a poor ranchhand who smokes his Marlboros to the dog-end, fascinatin me with his unselfconscious little masculine habits and his open sympathy for the little shit, who was just tryin to manipulate his way out of some bullshit he had dug himself too deep in, I realized my cigar had gone out an lighted it again, and when I looked back up at Ennis, he was lookin back at me, and then I felt it. And he flinched away as my pulse started in racin. There was no mistakin the look on Ennis’s face. He might not be ready for me, but he was sure thinkin about it.

Oh....

L

I'm in the middle of this chapter, but I so agree, this paragraph made my heart race.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #833 on: December 19, 2006, 11:07:00 pm »
Louise, does it mean your job-search has come to an end?  If so, congratulations and I hope you'll settle down in your new job/place without any problem.

no, it just means my apartment lease has!  So I am bugging out.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #834 on: December 19, 2006, 11:11:31 pm »
Okay,

I am revising my schedule of stories for December due to various and sundry inspirational and practical factors.

I will be finishing up "What I Did On My Day Off" and unlocking it as per my originally planned schedule, on December 22.

I will be writing "Red Stallions for Christmas" - a Laramie Christmas story about Ennis, Ellery, Junior, Francine - and some red stallions - over the Christmas Eve weekend, and unlocking it for Christmas.

Next week I am suspending all promised stories so I can complete my move, and will be posting a new anticipated schedule when I get across the pond a week from Sunday, New Year's Eve.  I'll try to think of a very special wicked treat that maybe i can write up while I'm on the airplane on my way back to America.

Happy Holidays, everyone!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 11:28:14 pm by louisev »
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #835 on: December 19, 2006, 11:13:06 pm »
SPOILER

Ah....SPOILER

What a great paragraph

I'm in the middle of this chapter, but I so agree, this paragraph made my heart race.

Yep - great paragraph and it made my heart race too.  This is my favorite moment from TC- when Ennis notices Ellery "regarding" him (what a perfect word) and it looks like it will be my favorite moment from "What I Did . ." also.  I think of it as the thunderbolt moment between them.

Really superb writing, Louise!

Thanks - Marie

The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #836 on: December 20, 2006, 07:00:59 am »
I just want to say - "Wyle E. Cantrell And Deputy Del Mar" - what a cracking title! Brought a big smile to my face.

And the 'look' across the table - yeah, we all know where that's leading.  :laugh:

I'm really trying to read this as if I don't know the outcome as Ellery doesn't from his perspective.

Louise - good luck with your packing and moving and travelling and stuff. I can't believe that you're still finding time to write with all this going on.

Karen

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #837 on: December 20, 2006, 07:13:22 am »
Indeed!  Good luck with your move.

Maybe we'll take a peek at what Jeremy and Nicky are up too while your gone?    I've sent my photographers to Laramie!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #838 on: December 20, 2006, 09:44:31 am »
I just want to say - "Wyle E. Cantrell And Deputy Del Mar" - what a cracking title! Brought a big smile to my face.

And the 'look' across the table - yeah, we all know where that's leading.  :laugh:

I'm really trying to read this as if I don't know the outcome as Ellery doesn't from his perspective.

Louise - good luck with your packing and moving and travelling and stuff. I can't believe that you're still finding time to write with all this going on.

Karen

well, let's just say, I arrived with 8 large suitcases and a computer was shipped by mail.  And that is all I am leaving with, plus a digital piano.  So --- it isnt as onerous as it sounds.  In fact it might be the lightest duty move I've made considering the length of time I've been here!

And David, the "goneness" is only very temporary. I will still be around, and will be writing through next week (as energy permits, with the possible exception of Wednesday when I am having a belated Christmas dinner with my friend Jane) but I just won't be PROMISING anything!  if you know what i mean.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #839 on: December 20, 2006, 12:35:36 pm »
Update time people!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/187090.html  "9. Much Ado About Wilson"