Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 534905 times)

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #870 on: December 21, 2006, 05:29:18 pm »
you guys, please do not come after me with brooms and pitchforks...

but I am... believe it or not, now waiting on a job offer confirmation for the original job I thought I had in Switzerland, and will need to scurry a bit to get some accommodations together in Europe while I wait for them to process a visa and work permit.  In the long term of course, this is immensely good news, but in the short term the chapters are coming out slowly.

However!  I pledged to have "What I Did On My Day Off" done tomorrow and unlocked, and Done it Will BE!

wish me luck getting my job offer.

Hey Louise,

I'm so glad to learn that the job in Switzerland is still possible! Those are very good news!!! I see you have already finished the short story about Ellery falling for Ennis. I haven't read it all, but I'm on it.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #871 on: December 21, 2006, 06:03:18 pm »
you guys, please do not come after me with brooms and pitchforks...

but I am... believe it or not, now waiting on a job offer confirmation for the original job I thought I had in Switzerland, and will need to scurry a bit to get some accommodations together in Europe while I wait for them to process a visa and work permit.  In the long term of course, this is immensely good news, but in the short term the chapters are coming out slowly.

However!  I pledged to have "What I Did On My Day Off" done tomorrow and unlocked, and Done it Will BE!

wish me luck getting my job offer.

Of course not, Louise!!

OMG ~ that's just the best news ever! *happy* And I'll certainly keep my fingers crossed  :) I hope EVERYTHING works out right  :)

yb

« Reply #872 on: December 21, 2006, 06:18:11 pm »
Louise

It was such a satisfying experience reading the 1st day E&E met from Ellery's POV.  Thanks for taking us on this trip.

Great to hear about the job in Switzerland, hope you'll receive the best news tomorrow.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #873 on: December 21, 2006, 07:27:05 pm »
the only hardship right now is finding a place to stay for two to five weeks while I wait for my visa!

I can enter Switzerland without a problem now, but I can't keep the apartment I am in.  If you know of any suggestions, I just need a room, a place for 8 travel cases, and an internet connection!

a bathroom is optional.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #874 on: December 21, 2006, 08:16:21 pm »
btw, i've finally started reading Your Skinny Girl today. I should have known of course, but that is a very addictive story to read. Can't stop reading.

i like it very much.

see?  I knew someone would like it besides Old Reliable Janice!

Everybody read this fic so I can get my moving and cleaning done and not have to worry about you going without!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #875 on: December 21, 2006, 08:21:28 pm »
yes folks,

I finshed this story early, and I am going to write a Christmas story entitled "Red Stallions for Christmas" about Francine and Junior and Francine's "little fib" about getting "red stallions" for Christmas.  I hope it will be relatively lighthearted, and I will still get some cleaning and packing done over the Christmas holiday.

When I have a chapter of it I will be posting it here for Friends, then it will be "openable" on Christmas Day.

Merry Christmas everyone! 

And thanks to all of you for your kind thoughts and best wishes on my contract endeavour.  If I don't hear anything tomorrow on it I  will be on tenterhooks over the holiday!!!

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #876 on: December 21, 2006, 10:40:18 pm »
Dedicated to Louise with thanks

Another day

Dark-eyed
Ellery
smooths down long limbs
kicking sheets
A restless longing
moans out its greeting

Another day

Shuffling through
the doorway
empty
Morning shadows
dampening
his cold bed

Another day

He pauses
A new birdsong
faraway
Drunk with delight
from some mountain stream
flowing towards him

Another day

The Swiss Alps
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 11:06:26 pm by magicmountain »
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #877 on: December 22, 2006, 09:08:05 am »
ok the good news first: I got the job.

The bad news:  there is an enormous heap of administrivia and paperwork to do now, as well as a significant amount of WAITING, packing, and cleaning up... but I got my shopping done, the recycling is in the bin, the job search is over, and I had good news for Christmas!!

yb

« Reply #878 on: December 22, 2006, 09:14:03 am »

Yeah!!!  Congratulations!  I'm so happy for you.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #879 on: December 22, 2006, 09:48:12 am »

The bad news:  there is an enormous heap of administrivia and paperwork to do now, as well as a significant amount of WAITING, packing, and cleaning up... but I got my shopping done, the recycling is in the bin, the job search is over, and I had good news for Christmas!!

this is excellent news Louise! congratulations!
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'