Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 535106 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #940 on: December 26, 2006, 02:47:48 pm »
yes, there will be a separate "Jeremy and Licky Nicky" story about New Year's Eve, I decided.  A holiday for each family!

and now:

An update!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/192072.html  "12. Make the Yuletide Gay"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #941 on: December 26, 2006, 03:16:02 pm »
Your're guessing what i'm hoping!  ;D

We think alike, Fabienne!   :)

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #942 on: December 26, 2006, 06:00:41 pm »
yes, there will be a separate "Jeremy and Licky Nicky" story about New Year's Eve, I decided.  A holiday for each family!

Looks like Nick has started celebrating New Years Eve early!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #943 on: December 26, 2006, 06:11:18 pm »
Just for us, a little epilogue....one more gift:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/192695.html

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #944 on: December 26, 2006, 06:41:47 pm »
Looks like Nick has started celebrating New Years Eve early!

hello.... bottoms up!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #945 on: December 26, 2006, 07:13:42 pm »
SPOILER!

Just as I thought!   ;D
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 07:16:29 pm by DavidinHartford »

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #946 on: December 26, 2006, 07:25:21 pm »
Thanks Louise for that wonderful Christmas story. The girls provide endless comic opportunities. I wished I could have seen Ennis' face when he saw the truck standing there.

PS I read in the papers that some guy bought his wife a $360,000 Porsche sports car for Christmas and wondered if he were thinking with his dick. Well Ellery might be thinking partly with his dick but mostly I think with his heart! Looking forward to more Jeremy and Nick.
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #947 on: December 26, 2006, 08:06:06 pm »
A bit of a spoiler, but I love this...

“Yeah, I might not a been too keen on the idea before we did our little weddin thing.”

Ellery held his hand up in the low light of the lamp, the gold ring glimmering. “I look at this about two hundred times a day, Ennis, an I almost can forget all a the stupid things I used ta call relationships before now.”

“Yeah.”

“I was right about you.”

“What were you right about?”

“I wanted ta fall in love with a man who knows what love is. And even if you didn’t live the life you wanted, and you were hidin in the closet in your relationship with Jack, you always knew ya loved em, an you knew what love is. It was somethin I had ta learn, just like learnin how ta have a family and give em things they want and need.”

Ennis reached up and took Ellery’s outstretched hand and brought it to his own lips, kissing it softly. “Thank you, darlin. Yer teachin me things too... like how not ta spoil my girls rotten.”

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #948 on: December 26, 2006, 08:34:39 pm »
I hope you all enjoyed "Red Stallions for Christmas" which was only about twice as long as I thought it would be!

I will be venturing out to my friend Jane's tomorrow for Christmas dinner and a little necessary shopping I was hoping to have done today, which is why I finished up the story in a hot hurry today.

There will not be any fic updates today.  When I get home tomorrow night I will be deciding which Laramie Tale to write next - until then, join Leslie and the Rereaders for chapters 6-10 of "Looking for Answers"!

And welcome to Milo! who jsut finished the Laramie Saga and is working his way through "Dupree's Choice".

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #949 on: December 26, 2006, 09:06:35 pm »
I hope you all enjoyed "Red Stallions for Christmas" which was only about twice as long as I thought it would be!

Absolutely enjoyed every word, Louise! Twice as long? The longer the better!  What a perfectly beautiful ending! 

And I loved that little moment at the apartment when their rings made a clinking sound as they laced their fingers - Sigh.   I love any moment that makes mention of their rings.

Have a wonderful Christmas dinner with your friend - I know we'll love whichever story you write next!

Thanks - Marie

The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain