Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 535100 times)

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #970 on: December 28, 2006, 08:33:26 pm »
Hi Louise!

Thanks for Chapter one!   

Nothing like a little Nicky licky & Do-me Dupree to find when I get home!    ;D

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #971 on: December 28, 2006, 08:47:18 pm »
I aim to please, David, I aim to please.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #972 on: December 28, 2006, 09:30:38 pm »
SPOILER

I aim to please, David, I aim to please.

Hot Damn, Louise!  You always please!   You sure know how to start a story off with a bang!! ;D  That was great! 

“Ya know, my momma is the type of person to ask right in the middle a dinner – who’s the man?”

“So I’ll tell her we can go in the bathroom and pull our pants down and she can check.” Jeremy began to scrape along his jaw with the razor, looking at his lover in the reflection of the mirror.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  Good one, Jeremy!!

This was a surprise: 

Jeremy stopped shaving, and gave Nick a serious look. “Look, Nick. I know they ain’t keen on you bein with a man, any more than my folks would be – but at least you told em. I haven’t got any intention a tellin mine.”

Huh.  How long could he possibly keep that a secret?  Jeremy is usually so forthright.  Very interesting, Louise.  You always keep us on our toes, don't you? 

Thank You!

Marie

The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline David

« Reply #973 on: December 28, 2006, 10:11:43 pm »
SPOILER
I haven’t got any intention a tellin mine.”
[/i]

Huh.  How long could he possibly keep that a secret?  Jeremy is usually so forthright.  Very interesting, Louise.  You always keep us on our toes, don't you? 

Thank You!

Marie

One step at a time!     Jeremy just came out to himself.  It will be a while before he can get comfortable with the idea himself.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #974 on: December 29, 2006, 06:12:19 am »
update to "Home For the Holidays"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/193252.html  "2.  The Salt Mines"

featuring more Wayne goodness!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline David

« Reply #975 on: December 29, 2006, 07:46:20 am »
SPOILER : Chapter 2

“You always had an eye out for Ennis,” Jeremy said. “Why don’t ya give it up on him? Ennis don’t even like you!”

“Sure he does. Why do you suppose every time he sees me he threatens ta give me a spank?”

“Cause yer a horse’s ass, maybe?”
  Jeremy replied.

He he he!       :laugh:

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #976 on: December 29, 2006, 10:34:32 am »
One step at a time!     Jeremy just came out to himself.  It will be a while before he can get comfortable with the idea himself.

Oh, I agree!  I wouldn't expect him to feel comfortable telling his family immediately.  I guess it's just the way he said "no intention"   - it sounded a little like he wasn't planning to ever tell his family and I was wondering how long that could play out!  But I'm probably just jumping the gun!   :) 

Thanks - Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline David

« Reply #977 on: December 29, 2006, 10:48:18 am »
I had no intention of telling my parents either.   That worked up till I was 29.   Then I was getting physically sick when it was time to go visit them.    A few therapy visits later it was decided that my guilt was making me sick.     I went to a PFLAG meeting first.  The lovely little old ladies sitting there knitting all patted me on the head and said: "Dear, your parents already know.  Just go home and tell them".   So I did.   And they were right.   My parents said they had already guessed that and it was fine long ago.   Problem solved. 

PS:   The PFLAG (Parents and Friends of  Lesbians and Gay people) are a great group of people.      When I visited them, there were some parents there with thier sons or daughters trying to sort things out.   There were some young people there to help the parents, plus some parents and grand parents there to talk to the kids.  What a great resource.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #978 on: December 29, 2006, 10:55:07 am »
David,

That's a great story. Thanks for sharing. I love the image of the little old ladies knitting and patting you on the head.

I always hear the story as children coming out to their parents. Is there ever a situation where the parent says, "Son, (or daughter), we know this about you, want to come clean?" David, do you know?

Leslie
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 11:09:33 am by MaineWriter »
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline David

« Reply #979 on: December 29, 2006, 11:03:17 am »
Leslie,   I don't know of any kids whose parents confronted them.   It may be possible, but I didn't continue going to those PFLAG meetings after my problem was resolved.   Although I have often thought about going back to help out.

But I have heard from one or two guys who said their parents (fathers) tossed them out of the house at a young age for being queer.