Author Topic: Just walked by my son's room  (Read 5683 times)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Just walked by my son's room
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2006, 09:25:08 pm »
I think Art Garfunkel has one of the most beautiful voices ever recorded.

Don't know why exactly, but I have Scarborough Fair on my iPod, and whenever it plays, I think of Ennis and Jack.  I guess just the melancholy sound of it triggers something or other - just that "she once was a true love of mine" is so sad - as if anyone who once was a true love ever stops being that.

My mother loved older Billy Joel stuff.  She and I used to listen to the albums The Stranger and 52nd Street from start to finish when I was in high school and I would visit her on the weekends.  She used to say that "Vienna" always made her think of me.  I still can't listen to it without crying.
No more beans!

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2006, 10:42:33 pm »
Victoria,

Those lyrics are so beautiful. I did grow up listening to S & G, but I don't know that one. What is it called? If I ever get my sh*t together enough to start using my year-old Ipod, that is going on a brokeback mix I will make....

thank you for posting. It is special to find any new music to put in the soundtrack of Jack and Ennis's love.

Jenny
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2006, 07:47:44 pm »
Victoria,

Those lyrics are so beautiful. I did grow up listening to S & G, but I don't know that one. What is it called? If I ever get my sh*t together enough to start using my year-old Ipod, that is going on a brokeback mix I will make....

thank you for posting. It is special to find any new music to put in the soundtrack of Jack and Ennis's love.

Jenny
Hi,
Roland here.
Sorry to be such a budinsky, but when it comes to facts on pop music (until 1988 anyways) I'm your BBM expert.
Art Garfunkel released  "All I Know" as his first successful hit as a solo artist in September of 1973. the song reached the top 10 and stayed on the "Billboard Top 100" for 14 weeks (a decent length of time in those days)

Next Question?  ;D

professor music :D
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2006, 08:50:05 pm »
Just when I think I'm finding a settling place for BbM in my life and heart, something comes along to tell me I ain't over it yet.  Oddly, mebbe not, it's music that squeezes my chest and makes it difficult to breathe. Songs that remind me of those tragic boys-just takes my breath away.

O0

Heathen

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2006, 10:14:05 pm »
 :'( RouxB - I so agree with you - even now it is still hard for me to listen to the Gustavo music written for the film - it is just too sad and
reminds me so much of what happened in the film when that particular piece was playing....................
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist