Author Topic: Completed Jack and Ennis Fanfic  (Read 96395 times)

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Jack and Ennis Fanfic
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2006, 03:56:41 am »

AU!AU and AU/AU both mean Alternative universe!Alternative Universe! Basically meaning, not only is the ending changed (Jack and Ennis get that sweet life) but the two main characters are placed in a completely different setting all together, in modern times or Jack as a criminal Ennis as FBI agent, etc. If anyone wants to elaborate, feel free!

Hope that helps Elle  :-*

And sorry again Jane, we've gotten seriously OT tonight  :-\

Ah little Mandy, don't you fret, s'awright, s'awright.   ;)   I so  wanted to reply to a lot of the posts today, but I was at stinky work all day and half the night, so alas I could not...  So I thank you little Mandy,  :-*

J
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2006, 04:19:41 am »
Hi Jane! I've missed seeing you around. Earlier you recommended a fic. She posted an update today on LJ so I thought I'd include this:

New Story Posting
PINE CREEK - PART 1 (SEQUEL TO "Missing Motel Moments")

"Ennis now knew what it was to long deep and ache hard…
and still not be able to give an answer or a solution,
other than to utter the name of Jack Fuckin Twist…*
both the cause and the cure for all his aching need."

http://haunted-by-bbm.livejournal.com/2483.html#cutid1

*As you all know, I LOVE Jack F. Twist!  ;)

Hello Friend Leslie, thanks for this additional link to haunted_by_bbm's story, yes indeedy, she is continuing to flesh out the story!   :D   I just love reading more of Summer of '63, and this also falls into my own personal favourite category:  Real Deal.

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2006, 01:33:12 pm »
Marge-not to put words in her mouth but I think Janie is just putting out some suggested reading for those who are fond of E/J fic. I don't think she is trying to make any type of implication as to what people "should" read or write.

I've sent you a PM about that.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 01:37:40 pm by Marge_Innavera »

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2006, 02:31:49 pm »
Hey Marge, I was working on my reply last night, but I could not finish it for falling asleep on my feet.

Here is my reply so far:

Things are gettin' lively in here!

Marge-not to put words in her mouth but I think Janie is just putting out some suggested reading for those who are fond of E/J fic. I don't think she is trying to make any type of implication as to what people "should" read or write.

Roubx sweetie, you are a mind reader!   :)  That is exactly my reply to Marge, but I could not reply all day and half the night...  so thank you for performing that mind-meld.   :-*

Marge Innavera:  I started this thread to share titles of Jack and Ennis fanfic, the titles of the Jack and Ennis fanfic that I liked best.  If anyone likes the same kind of fanfic as I, then my recs will be like gold, IMO.  Whomever does not have an affinity for Jack and Ennis fanfic, oh well.....

Quote from: RouxB
Jane-I'm gonna send you my story spreadsheet-you can pick out the one's that you would recommend  :-*

As for "Going Home: A Christmas Tale in Four Parts" I have to agree-EXCELLENT! It is AU!AU (so stay away Jane  ;D )
and has been sitting on the back of my mind for a week now. I've read it 3 times.

Rouxb, I liked this story just fine, in fact it keeps popping into my mind too, and I only read it once, two days ago.  I am going to read it again this weekend for sure.  It is a great story, and it is Jack and Ennis, after all.  I want to add my voice to the chorus!   :D

Quote from: RouxB
Janie-since this is your topic, maybe you can keep all the links to the recommended stories at the top of the original post and update periodically. The recommendations are very helpful to me and I'm open to any kind.

Rouxb that is an excellent idea, I will do that this weekend, put all the recommendations in the second post of this thread.  I look forward to comparing your spreadsheet to mine, I will PM you my addy.  I will send you my spreadsheet if you want, even though it is really just an unfinished hodgepodge of notes right now... :P

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2006, 02:46:07 pm »

I'm still not sure what you're getting at - are AUs or canon stories that take place while Jack is alive the only kinds of BBM fanfics you think people should be reading, or writing?

Hi Marge, sorry for taking so long to get back to you.  Just to clarify, I do not feel the need to try and dictate what kinds of BBM fanfic other people read, whatever floats their boat.  I do have an opinion about the different kinds of BBM fanfic and RPS fanfic, but that is not the purpose of this thread.

The only purpose of this thread it to promote Jack and Ennis fanfic, any fanfic as long as it is Jack and Ennis.  AU, Canon, filler, Real Deal, it don't matter.  As long as it is about Jack and Ennis.  However if other posters want to post other stuff here, well I guess there's nothin I can do about that....

Just to clarify, Real Deal is a description that I created, to define the fanfic that is filler story.  Stuff written to flesh out the story.  Like Belgianboy writes, like haunted_by_BBM writes, I know that there are others....  Whomever writes about the FNIT, SNIT, the Reunion, you know, that kind of stuff.  That is what I classify as Real Deal.

Quote from: Marge_Innavera
.... If this type of story is the "real deal" you're talking about, then are the rest... imaginary deals? Illegitimate deals? Maybe sort of literary dope deals?

LOL  :laugh:  :laugh:

Quote from: Marge_Innavera

If so, no good is going to come of that. Orthodoxy is to creativity what emphysema is to the human body.

I am sorry if you thought I was trying to censor, that was not my intention.  Just wanted a list of my fav Jack and Ennis fanfics.  And I thought I would share them here.

Marge, I niver ever knew about you as a writer before now.  But now that I do, I will check out your stuff soon.  So in a nutshell, this thread is not meant to censor anything....  but the thread itself is devoted to Jack and Ennis fanfic.

one_of_one

« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2006, 03:12:41 pm »
Just to clarify, Real Deal is a description that I created, to define the fanfic that is filler story.

Thanks for that - I didn't really know what you were meaning earlier.  :)

Hey and great that you like my story :)  Thanks!

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2006, 03:59:37 pm »

Just to clarify, Real Deal is a description that I created, to define the fanfic that is filler story.

Thanks for that - I didn't really know what you were meaning earlier.  :)

Hey and great that you like my story :)  Thanks!

Hi Helen!

you bet I like your story, I can't stop thinking about it!  I like all the Scottish idioms and expressions, phrasing, and of course I like the way you have portrayed our boys.  :D   I have been wondering, are you going to keep writing about them??  (continiue this story...) That would be nice...   ;D

Jane

1_of_one, Going Home: A Christmas tale in four parts

http://1-of-one.livejournal.com/35308.html

Offline anniegrayson

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2006, 10:07:44 pm »
guh, could you see Ennis as a funeral home director??

I could see Ennis or Jack in a cross over of 6 Feet Under

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2006, 10:33:15 pm »
Hi Jane,

I'm just popping in here to say that I think this is a really neat idea for a thread.  Thanks for all the great recommendations (to you and everyone else here on this thread).
 :-*
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #59 on: January 01, 2007, 11:38:34 pm »
Here is my next rec:  This one is an oldie but a real goodie, I think it was written way back last spring.  It is an AU story, and rates 9 on a scale of 1 to 10.  It has this one really romantical moment that I have gone back and read over and over a few times,  ;) !

Jenny, Big Boots Of Pain

Hi Jane,

Thanks for this recommendation!  I just finished reading it tonight (it seems I'm a bit slow to this party...), but now I'm curious about what your favorite romantic moment is! 

cheers
Amanda
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie