Author Topic: confess your most irrational reaction to BBM here  (Read 18179 times)

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
Re: confess your most irrational reaction to BBM here
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2006, 05:31:56 pm »
I have never written anything aside from letters in my life. I am not writing my own (never to be shared) fanfic! I am up hours with this-scraps of paper and notes covering every surface in my house.

Heathen

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2006, 07:24:47 pm »
Irrational?

There's been very little about my response to this film that has been RATIONAL:

* never gone to see a film 23 times in the cinemas in my life (closest was Strictly Ballroom - 8 viewings)

* never written a postcard or letters to film / crew professing my admiration and consolation (dumbass awards shows)

* never bought any paraphernalia via the internet (cheers Jenny and eBay)

* never wandered aimlessly through shops looking for Jack-esque wardrobe attire that I might buy

* never logged onto an internet message forum to meet like minded souls (but cheers y'all, i love ya)

* never spent every available minute of the day filling in missing aspects of the story (what happens after they kiss in the 2nd tent scene; motel scene; all those times they met on the mountain)

* never had to create a directory on my computer where I store any info / pics / vids about said film

Damn I wish I knew how to quit this!!  ;D
Chut up!

Offline monimm18

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2006, 07:53:26 pm »
Ummm, I have three irrational reactions to confess - please don't call 911:

- Unable to enjoy watching another film for over two months - the first ones I watched, after BBM got me good, made me feel pathological: "Donnie Darko" - lost any will to live for about two days, hell, nobody warned me about it - luckily, I saw it on a Friday night, so by Monday I was functional enough to get out of bed and go to work instead of making a beeline to the computer; and "The Three Burials of Melchiades Estrada" - which made me feel like I cheated on the love of my life, because I really liked it (although not even close as much as BBM) -  after I saw it I felt so guilty and hollow,  and craved BBM so bad, I sobbed in the car all the way home.
- Unable to listen to any music but the BBM soundtrack for over a month.
- After the first three viewings, thoughts about Ennis, Jack and the film in general would wake me up in the middle of the night; I would lay there thinking of them and hurting.

Also, I never ever ever watched a film in a theater more than twice, and I can count those one one hand. Brokeback - eight times...  God help me - and I ain't even religious...

LOL I promise I am normal now. Can I still play with y'all?...
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 07:59:57 pm by monimm18 »
"Don't be merely satisfied with a better life. We should demand to live in a better world."

Offline DeeDee

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2006, 08:03:19 pm »
Wouldn't have you any other way..lol

I saw this movie 22 times in the theater and this is the only place I can admit that.
Not even to my husband, who thinks I have gambling problem, because every showing I went to, I told him I was going to Bingo

Nice to know we are kindered souls here.. ;)
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2006, 08:15:53 pm »
NOTHING rational about any response I've had to BBM!
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline monimm18

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2006, 09:38:04 pm »
Wouldn't have you any other way..lol

I saw this movie 22 times in the theater and this is the only place I can admit that.
Not even to my husband, who thinks I have gambling problem, because every showing I went to, I told him I was going to Bingo

Nice to know we are kindered souls here.. ;)

LOL, deedee, I luv ya. That must be the best use of a "going to Bingo" excuse. 
"Don't be merely satisfied with a better life. We should demand to live in a better world."

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2006, 09:45:44 pm »
Yes, Leslie, they do. (You too, Jeff!)

In re: 'Monster's Ball'--do you realize that Heath's last line (delivered to Billy Bob Thornton) is:

"Well, I always loved you."

Devastating.
I love his role in that movie!  I can see why some people might not wanna see it now, but I saw it years ago, and he was really good in it.  I think it was the first thing I saw Heath Ledger in.
What is essential, is invisible to the eye....

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2006, 09:40:50 am »
I always have an opinion about movies at work, a paragraph in lenght.

With BBM, I keep it to a one word sentence (very good film, really liked it), because I don't wanta get emotional and I can't be that detached about this film anywhere, much less in the workplace... And it's the film I have the most to say, but I bite my tongue. 

Oh, my co-workers just ask my take on the ending and I give a one sentence statement, change the subject. Can't get misty-eyed :'( n  the office.

Offline monimm18

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2006, 01:17:31 pm »
Yes, Leslie, they do. (You too, Jeff!)

In re: 'Monster's Ball'--do you realize that Heath's last line (delivered to Billy Bob Thornton) is:

"Well, I always loved you."

Devastating.
I love his role in that movie!  I can see why some people might not wanna see it now, but I saw it years ago, and he was really good in it.  I think it was the first thing I saw Heath Ledger in.

Ooh, I was soo excited with Heath's performance in that film. I was waiting for him to come up with his big break role since 10 Things - when I first saw him and became convinced he had oodles of talent in him. Kept waiting, but no role that could measure up to his potential seemed to come. Then I saw him in MB and thought "OK, surely after this performance they'll offer him bigger and more complex roles", but it didn't really happen. When I saw the BBM trailer for the first time, for some reason, the image of him breathing in the shirts stayed with me and I became convinced this could be his big break as a serious dramatic actor - I had no idea how right I was (for once, LOL). 

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2006, 03:07:07 pm »
Ummm, I have three irrational reactions to confess - please don't call 911:

- Unable to enjoy watching another film for over two months - the first ones I watched, after BBM got me good, made me feel pathological: "Donnie Darko" - lost any will to live for about two days, hell, nobody warned me about it - luckily, I saw it on a Friday night, so by Monday I was functional enough to get out of bed and go to work instead of making a beeline to the computer; and "The Three Burials of Melchiades Estrada" - which made me feel like I cheated on the love of my life, because I really liked it (although not even close as much as BBM) -  after I saw it I felt so guilty and hollow,  and craved BBM so bad, I sobbed in the car all the way home.
- Unable to listen to any music but the BBM soundtrack for over a month.
- After the first three viewings, thoughts about Ennis, Jack and the film in general would wake me up in the middle of the night; I would lay there thinking of them and hurting.

I don't understand, Moni--which part of this is supposed to be irrational?

:)
John
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"