Author Topic: confess your most irrational reaction to BBM here  (Read 18321 times)

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: confess your most irrational reaction to BBM here
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2006, 12:13:27 pm »
Anke - It may seem irrational, but its something you'll probably remember for a long time afterwards!  ;)  Something crazy, spontaneous and fun!  Yeehaw!!  ;D

You bet!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;)

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2006, 01:03:05 pm »
For me, the list is endless but right now I think it would have to be writing fanfic. You guys don't want to know how many hours I spend on this...and it is all I want to do. I wake up thinking of dialogue, fall asleep writing more...I was up at 5 am this morning working on the latest installment.

I keep expecting ALL the people writing fanfiction to produce AT LEAST a story (chapter, in Leslie's case) every single day...

This isn't irrational--it's TOO rational, but it's weird: In one of my 25 viewings (theater viewings), I suddenly got the idea: these two actors are probably having a good time, most of the time: talking, working, herding, cooking, wrestling, fighting, playing games, showing off for eachother--but they aren't having any fun making love...and it made me very sad...just for that one showing.

It is IRRATIONAL to keep buying DVDs, hoping I'l;l find a good one (I have 3 stinkers)..finally asked my son to get me one (as if he didn't have enough to do...). Ir is NOT the equipment--I've tried all three on my medium priced Sony with a medium priced Zenith DVD player, and on some of the best equipment in the world...

It's IRRATIONAL to keep looking for new people to talk about the movie to, when all the people I know are so sick of hearonmg about it they've sdtartred avoiding me.
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2006, 01:31:31 pm »
For me, the list is endless but right now I think it would have to be writing fanfic. You guys don't want to know how many hours I spend on this...and it is all I want to do. I wake up thinking of dialogue, fall asleep writing more...I was up at 5 am this morning working on the latest installment.

I keep expecting ALL the people writing fanfiction to produce AT LEAST a story (chapter, in Leslie's case) every single day...

Hey Julie--you got a chapter on Tuesday and an installment today...plus the muse is back...ideas are piling up in my head faster than I can sort them out...unfortunately, I have real work to do altho I'd much rather work on this story...sigh...

It's IRRATIONAL to keep looking for new people to talk about the movie to, when all the people I know are so sick of hearonmg about it they've sdtartred avoiding me.

We're all here for ya, all of the time, but I know what you mean about the avoidiing thing.
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2006, 01:53:23 pm »
[This isn't irrational--it's TOO rational, but it's weird: In one of my 25 viewings (theater viewings), I suddenly got the idea: these two actors are probably having a good time, most of the time: talking, working, herding, cooking, wrestling, fighting, playing games, showing off for eachother--but they aren't having any fun making love...

Well, my irrational response is that I have a hard time actually believing this. They make it look so fun!

Offline scottf.

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2006, 01:59:30 pm »
Watching the movie with 2/3 of my brain, while WILLING the audience to love the movie along with me with the other 1/3.

Scott

Offline DeeDee

« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2006, 02:25:55 pm »
Watching the movie with 2/3 of my brain, while WILLING the audience to love the movie along with me with the other 1/3.

Scott

Why is that Scott?  I feel exactly the same way.  After a  few viewings, I found myself looking around the theater and trying to read a few of the faces around me.. Even in work, I wanted those idiots, I mean people to love it as much as me..
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2006, 02:42:32 pm »
Okay, another irrational reaction to BBM:

The first time I saw the film,  my mind was completely taken over by images of Jack and Ennis; scenes were playing left and right..  I felt like I was losing it.  To add to that, I wanted to be left alone, I needed time to think, time to myself, time to reflect on somethings ... I even lost my appetite at one point, I felt like I was going insane!  The friday after that first viewing, I was supposed to meet up with friends, cancelled those plans and stayed home!..thinking  :-\.  Then the following Saturday and Sunday, I went back and saw the film again.  It was abit wierd, the way I was feeling seemed pretty "out there" because I hadn't felt this way about another movie.  I gradually accepted my addiction, but that first week was something else  ;D

Well, all is well that ends well right?  8)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 04:24:04 pm by Lucise »

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2006, 03:18:17 pm »
The most irrational thing I ever DID was to wear my "You know, friend, this is a goddamned bitch of a unsatiusfactory situaltion" shirt to the Asian Art Museum to give an architecture tour...I was so MAD that I hadn't been able to get a March 10 Variety at the biggest magazine store in the Bay Area (they didn;'t DELIVER any) at 7:15 A.M.--I didn't change my shirt.  The people on my tour loved it, but the honchos got, er, a little upset...

NOT crying at any viewing of Brokeback, but weeping loudly all the way through Jeff's "Some Sweet Life."
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline scottf.

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2006, 04:58:50 pm »
DeeDee,

I guess it's because we want others to feel as strongly about something as we do, to be as moved, to take is as personally. I used to pretend not to care when someone would walk out of Brokeback, or groan about how long it was, or say, "Is that all there is to it?" at the end. But really, I was as hurt as if I'd made the movie myself.

It's fun to share something we love deeply with others. I'm still offended that one of my best friends never went to see BBM with me in the theatre, preferring to wait until the DVD came out.

Scott

Offline DeeDee

« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2006, 05:07:01 pm »
DeeDee,

I guess it's because we want others to feel as strongly about something as we do, to be as moved, to take is as personally. I used to pretend not to care when someone would walk out of Brokeback, or groan about how long it was, or say, "Is that all there is to it?" at the end. But really, I was as hurt as if I'd made the movie myself.

It's fun to share something we love deeply with others. I'm still offended that one of my best friends never went to see BBM with me in the theatre, preferring to wait until the DVD came out.

Scott

Yeah, my best friend saw it and when I asked her if she wanted to go again, she said "it's not worth another 8 bucks.."  like a knife in my heart.
I tell ya, I send up a prayer of thanks for this board, or I think I would go nuts and I know divorce would also be in my future.
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich