Author Topic: 'Brokeback PRISON' -- now there's a new one  (Read 2468 times)

rtprod

'Brokeback PRISON' -- now there's a new one
« on: April 10, 2006, 01:21:14 pm »

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainment/story.asp?j=178948408&p=y78949yy4

"We're already running Brokeback Prison..." 

Nothing like reducing the movie to a metaphor for jailhouse sex. 

rt

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: 'Brokeback PRISON' -- now there's a new one
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 01:31:32 pm »
Just imagine the comic relief.   As they turn out the lights in the cell block,  a hush decends over the area.    Then, you hear one of the inmates say:"Oh bubba, I wish I could quit you" !    LOL.

moremojo

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 01:43:20 pm »
I just feel good that those particular prisoners did get to see the movie to the end. I have read prison described as the place where one needs love the most and the place one is least likely to find it. I hope this film shines some hope and beauty into these men's lives, and perhaps it will validate and enrich some of the relationships, both present and future, that may exist among these human beings. I hope the film doesn't simply become fodder for cellblock jokes (or reproaches).

God bless and keep these forgotten souls.

Scott

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 05:28:26 pm »
I just feel good that those particular prisoners did get to see the movie to the end. I have read prison described as the place where one needs love the most and the place one is least likely to find it. I hope this film shines some hope and beauty into these men's lives, and perhaps it will validate and enrich some of the relationships, both present and future, that may exist among these human beings. I hope the film doesn't simply become fodder for cellblock jokes (or reproaches).

God bless and keep these forgotten souls.

Scott

Scott,
That was beautifully said, and I totally agree with you.
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2006, 11:03:19 pm »
Likewise Scott!  It's reassuring to hear such a humane attitude towards the incarcerated.  Prison could be a place where many are rehabilitated, but sadly that doesn't seem to be the intent or desire of the powers that be or society in general.

Juan
What is essential, is invisible to the eye....