Author Topic: Youtube.com Torture  (Read 2722 times)

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Youtube.com Torture
« on: December 19, 2006, 01:42:24 pm »
Anyone else torturing themselves with some of the well-put together music videos of Jack and Ennis? Not that I need another reason to not get anything accomplished each day, but DAMN there are some beautiful videos that bring me to tears.

This is one of my absolute favorites. (It has over 5,000 views - I must be responsible for at least 4,999 of them!)

Jack & Ennis - What Hurts the Most

My second favorite (love the music!):

Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?

Offline brokeback-fan

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Re: Youtube.com Torture
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 08:00:54 pm »
Ah, so you have found a few of the ten million out there on Youtube.  Some of these people do great jobs with editing the videos - our future movie makers... here are some that I have found that are my favorites:

You will need to log in to see the video as they have disclaimer on there that some material may be inapproprite...blah, blah, blah.  Youtube can be stupid at times, but I love the piano in the video and they throw in a few talking parts in sync with the music.  Beautiful

In the book, "Brokeback Mountain: Story To Screenplay", Annie Proulx said that she listened to the song "Spiritual" as performed by Charlie Haden and Pat Metheny to write the scene where Jack has almost fallen asleep standing up and Ennis comes behind him and sings to him.

This music says what I feel in my heart when I think of this movie - sad, beautiful, peaceful, loving, longing, ok, I do not want to fill up the whole page!! My favorite!

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 02:40:58 am »
Thank you for the precious links! That last one is so invaluable...beautiful...

This music says what I feel in my heart when I think of this movie - sad, beautiful, peaceful, loving, longing, ok, I do not want to fill up the whole page!! My favorite!

[/quote]
Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?

Offline insane-romantic

• Jr. Ranch Hand
    • My Myspace
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 11:10:00 am »
There are so many on youtube. Lots of them are very good, but they're all more-or-less the same, comprising the same scenes, just in a different order. This is obviously because there is a limited amount of video material to use.

I would be nice to see a more original video which uses some footage from less well known scenes... but I don't know how that would work.
I saw you were sick and tired of my wrong turns.
If you only knew the way I feel,
I'd really love to tell you,
But I could never seem to say
The things I needed to.
On a day like today
No other words would do.

Keane: On A Day Like Today

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 12:09:28 pm »
Most definitely - know what you mean; I hope Ang Lee (someday) gives us that chance to see some of that.

I would be nice to see a more original video which uses some footage from less well known scenes... but I don't know how that would work.
[/quote]