Author Topic: Jess & Roland's not-so-Cool-Room EXPOSED!!!  (Read 104206 times)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Jess & Roland's not-so-Cool-Room EXPOSED !!!
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2006, 12:28:51 am »
Oh yea - ta continue

Then on Boxing day (That's a real holiday in Canada - an English tradition, but we francophones don't mind another day off too) Daniel & Denyse have always hosted the boxing day meal.

I have a large familly - we were 8 brothers & sisters, my dad was from a familly a 8, my mom was from a family of 11, and most of the aunts & uncles settled in Timmins - so growin up, we would start visitin each other's houses on saturday & sundays 2 weeks before Christmas and it would last until mid january until we had had supper at all the relatives places! a bit a that tradition has been maintained, My other sister (with kids) who lives in Timmins, usually offers up a New Year's Day dinner - but I'm usually back in Toronto by then
« Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 01:03:22 am by Sheriff Roland »
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
Re: Jess & Roland's not-so-Cool-Room EXPOSED!!!
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2006, 12:31:29 am »
ok...getting confused

you are at your brother's Daniel

you have a sister that lives in Timmons too

and ANOTHER brother who did not come home this year?

Right??

Sort of - Gaëtan lives in Toronto, and Jeannine lives near Toronto, in Niagara Falls - they didn't make the trip this year

And another brother André hasn't made the Christmas gathering in a few years either - usually visits in early december - from Montréal
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 06:09:51 am by Sheriff Roland »
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

injest

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2006, 12:34:10 am »
Oh yea - ta continue

Then on Boxing day (That's a real holiday in Canada - an English tradition, but we francophones don't mind another day off too) Daniel & Denyse have always hosted the boxing day meal.

I have a large familly - we were 8 brothers & sisters, my dad was from a familly a 8, my mom was from a family of 11, and most of the aunts & uncles settled in Timmins - so growin up, we would start visitin each other's houses on saturday & sundays 2 weeks before Christmas and it would last until mid january until we had had supper at all the relatives places! a bit a that tradition has been maintained, My other sister (with kids) who lives in Timmins, usually offers up a New Year's Day dinner - but I'm usually back in Toronto by then

if we were in chat I would tease you about that large family!!  8) :P

but hey! I won't... :laugh: :laugh:

My grandmother had something like fourteen kids...but only ten survived that first year.

and what is Boxing day? Ya'll big on fights??
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 06:09:30 am by Sheriff Roland »

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2006, 12:35:31 am »
yes...it even has an ATTIC with all the leftovers of years of living for D to have to rummage thru when Don and I leave....little memories of our lives...the sad times and the happy ones. Things we never told him about...

You have no idea how much that means to me...(well maybe you do) :-\

You may think they are memories but will D?

When we had ta clear the house before selling it - most a what we didn't take was called junk - & went ta the dump! - sorry ta burst yer bubble - maybe ya should go through what you think is important "memories" & share it with him Now - before you forget about what is important ta ya
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 06:09:04 am by Sheriff Roland »

injest

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2006, 12:41:17 am »
You may think they are memories but will D?

When we had ta clear the house before selling it - most a what we didn't take was called junk - & went ta the dump! - sorry ta burst yer bubble - maybe ya should go through what you think is important "memories" & share it with him Now - before you forget about what is important ta ya

uh uh...that is the deal...he has to plow thru the junk himself...like ya'll did!!

some things I am sure he will never understand...but that is ok too...

(in particular a little wore out yellow nightgown...I mean it is a rag...but it was Britney's favorite nightgown...or the little white blanket with a satin edge...she would rub that satin back and forth over her upper lip..comforting herself when she was going to sleep.)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 06:08:42 am by Sheriff Roland »

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2006, 12:42:29 am »
if we were in chat I would tease you about that large family!!  8) :P

but hey! I won't... :laugh: :laugh:

My grandmother had something like fourteen kids...but only ten survived that first year.

Go ahead & tease - the warning is up about this bein a private thread

BTW there was a reason  for large famillies in french canadian history - it was ta preserve our culture & our language - ta prevent assimilation - it is reffered ta, in history books as "La revanche du berceau" - loosely translated - the revenge by multiplying of children ------ see, Canada was CONQUERED by the british - there was no contact with France for over a century. All imigration to Canada was from the british Isles - specially after the american revolution - so ta preserve who we were - our leaders (the church - priest & bishops) told our people the importance of having lots & lots a kids - & it worked! - until the last half century ...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 06:08:19 am by Sheriff Roland »

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2006, 12:44:00 am »

Don't know where the name originates from - just know it's a british tradition
« Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 01:22:19 am by Sheriff Roland »

injest

« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2006, 12:45:39 am »
I think that is what the Mexican immigrants are doing down here...

and that is not a hit at all Hispanics...just not real happy about all the illegal immigration we have here...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 06:07:58 am by Sheriff Roland »

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2006, 12:48:54 am »
Know what jess - I'm thinkin that this thread might have been interestin readin for others - about My christmas traditions, and (his)story. Maybe I should move the thread rename each title  into the open forum - whadayathink?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 01:18:33 am by Sheriff Roland »

injest

« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2006, 12:52:40 am »
I was thinking it would make a nice blog....you do have interesting things to say Roland...other people would enjoy hearing you, you know...

how about Our Daily Thoughts??

but anywhere you want is fine to me. I think it is an excellent idea..
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 06:07:38 am by Sheriff Roland »