Author Topic: OT: Getting to know us (more)! - One RANDOM thing about you!  (Read 24034 times)

dmmb_Mandy

OT: Getting to know us (more)! - One RANDOM thing about you!
« on: April 11, 2006, 06:44:02 pm »
Hey y'all. I didn't get the chance to respond to Stud's questions before his thread was frozen. So, inspired by his & Vic's thread, I thought I'd start another thread about getting to know us; our fellow family members.

So, it's simple, just say one random thing about yourself that we don't already know. Anything at all about yourself or your life. Elaborate with it if you want!

Mine: I can't drive. I don't have a license, and if you put me in front of a steering wheel, I wouldn't have a clue what to do! It's been over five years now that I've been old enough to drive, I just haven't bothered to go and get it. When I was in high school, I never bothered with it because I have 3 older brothers and between them and my parents, I would never have had the chance to use either of the vehicules anyway, and I didn't want to add to the fights over the cars that were already going on. I'm considering driving school this summer, who knows!

BUT, I'm an excellent skidoo driver! And I've even driven a boat!

EnnisDelMar

Re: OT: Getting to know us (more)! - One RANDOM thing about you!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 06:48:36 pm »
Really? I couldn't live without driving. I hate being dependent on others...and I just like to go for drives every now and then.

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 06:50:31 pm »
I wet the bed til I was 14..........LOL no just kiddin..... :laugh:

I had a HUGE childhood crush on Jodie Foster and have seen The Silence of the Lambs at least 250 times (no exaggeration) because of it....... ;D

vkm91941

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 06:52:51 pm »
I entered a convent when I was 18, wanted to be a Nun and nurse.  Poverty and  Chastity were no problem, but OBEDIENCE just killed me.  ::) I left after 18 months and went to college instead.

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 06:54:49 pm »
I entered a convent when I was 18, wanted to be a Nun and nurse.  Poverty and  Chastity were no problem, but OBEDIENCE just killed me.  ::) I left after 18 months and went to college instead.

Did you really?  Wow.....thats amazin..... ;D

I would imagine your dirty mind got you in trouble a few times too eh Vic?  LOL

vkm91941

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 06:56:48 pm »

I didn't have a dirty mind yet, back then, that came later with a lot of experience and a husband who was real bad boy! LOL  ;)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 06:58:54 pm by vkm91941 »

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 07:00:26 pm »
I pierced my own ears when I was 11 with a sewing needle.  I just iced 'em down, rubbed alcohol on 'em and on the needle, jammed it in there and followed it with a gold post earring (they didn't have piercing earrings in 1976, or at least not that I was able to come across).  The hardest thing was doing the second one!   :o  Too bad it wasn't quite yet the fashion to just have one pierced ear - I'd have gladly stopped with my left had that been the case.

I did it that way because we had very little money at the time and my Mom said she didn't have enough to give me to go get it done properly at the mall.  Truth be told, she really just didn't want me to get my ears pierced.  Man, was she pissed when she saw them.  I was grounded for the rest of the summer, and I did it in early July.
No more beans!

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2006, 07:01:48 pm »

I didn't have a dirty mind yet, back then, that came later with a lot of experience and a husband who was real bad boy! LOL  ;)

ROFL...

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2006, 07:07:03 pm »
Okay, I'll bite. Here's something that has been on my mind for the past couple of days since it was announced that the U.S. is gearing up its war machine to go to war with Iran. During a business meeting a few months ago, a guy opined that I and others working on pursuing business in the Middle East should be very careful to hide the fact that we are women, because middle eastern men don't like to deal with women and if they knew that we are in positions of authority, "it would just kill them." What I wanted to say ever since then is that when I went to college in the Midwest, my university was very popular place for Middle Eastern men to go to study engineering. Over half of the engineering school was men from the middle east. I had several boyfriends from Iran, or as they called it then, Persia.

One of them was named Muhammed (like zillions of others) and went by the name Mark. He was my latest flame. When I was at home for spring break, I had to give him a call. I went to a pay phone, couldn't call him from home. I had to keep feeding change into the phone while his dorm mates went looking for him and finally he came to the phone. "Mark, I'm pregnant," I said bluntly. We agreed that we would get together as soon as I got back to campus and figure out what to do about it. However, being young, I did not realize that I was not pregnant, just late. So I was looking forward to telling him the happy news as soon as I returned. But when I got back to campus, he was nowhere to be found! Neither him nor his buddies! Anyway, he and his buddies are in power in Iran right now, and I know them better than their wives do! Imagine the reaction if I told this story to the manager with all the opinions. I could actually be a secret weapon in a war with Iran. I would know things about those boys that would be capital offenses, punishable by death. Seriously, I wouldn't be interested in exposing anyone's youthful trespasses, it's just ironic. So this certainly is a random thing, but sorry it's not very concise!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2006, 07:22:02 pm »
Alright you want something random, I will give you random:

I have almost broken my nose 3 times.

Which is not something I am proud of, although it does see interesting, hey maybe it says something about me and how big my nose is. The first time was when I was 3 and I was going to nursery and I fell over and cause I have stuff in my hands I couldn't put my hands up to stop my self so I just landed flat on my face(as I do normally). The Second is my sister's fault. Well we were having a fight when I was 5 and I was trying to get in the bathroom, where she was stood, and as I was about to go in she slammed the door in my face and cause I was so small  the door handle was right in-line with my nose. And the third time is my dads' fault when I was about to put my bike in the garage and I have one of those garage doors that swings up so my dad comes from one side and pushes the door and I get slamed in the face by a hulking great door. So I am very lucky that it has never been broken although I do have a slight bump in the middle, which I would probably be told to get removed by a plastic surgeon, but I like it, I think it gives my face character. ;D
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.