Author Topic: Gone: like snow melting in the early spring sun!  (Read 2768 times)

Offline luigival

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
Gone: like snow melting in the early spring sun!
« on: April 12, 2006, 04:01:51 pm »
Yep! It was quite a few days since I had last been visiting the IMDB boards, and right now discovered that my whole PT threads (no more than 4 or 5) have gone, and those on the BBM board (more or less 30) are now down to 7... Feelings and thoughts lost forever! Thanks to Phillip for creating this peaceful oasis.
Luigi
They were two friends of mine

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Gone: like snow melting in the early spring sun!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 04:05:43 pm »
Yep! It was quite a few days since I had last been visiting the IMDB boards, and right now discovered that my whole PT threads (no more than 4 or 5) have gone, and those on the BBM board (more or less 30) are now down to 7... Feelings and thoughts lost forever! Thanks to Phillip for creating this peaceful oasis.
Luigi

That's sad. I haven't been back since sometime last week. I bet mine are gone, too. :'(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 06:29:06 pm »
Yep, all these ppl spending all that time posting articulate and though provoking statements about a film destroyed in a matter of weeks.  I'm finished with IMDB.com.  It's totally insane how they let that happen. Just hope as much of the "library" that could be saved has been.

I posted for five years on IMDB.com and never saw a forum get wrecked. I guess word is out on the internet about IMDB as it gets much much more traffic then years past.  :-\   

vkm91941

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 06:37:27 pm »
Yep, all these ppl spending all that time posting articulate and though provoking statements about a film destroyed in a matter of weeks.  I'm finished with IMDB.com.  It's totally insane how they let that happen. Just hope as much of the "library" that could be saved has been.

I posted for five years on IMDB.com and never saw a forum get wrecked. I guess word is out on the internet about IMDB as it gets much much more traffic then years past.  :-\   

I agree, I posted on IMDb for years and have NEVER seen anything like this before.  It's  obscene that it can happen, worse that it was allowed to happen...but then again nothing stays the same forever.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 07:19:30 pm »
It's obscene that it was ALLOWED to happen.  >:(  IMDb has a lousy product.  Its weaknesses have been found out and they've done nothing about it.  I hope all their forums go under if they're not going to do any support of them.

Offline Shuggy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • 1964 - 2006
    • The Ataahua Shop
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 11:18:58 pm »
The most recent PT messages are now two days old. I posted a holding message: "Tremblayans... are stayin'" just to keep Fughtinthehead on his toes. (Does it take several trolls or does the same one use multiple accounts to post multiple reports?) My previous one of a couple of hours ago is gone, so it must be fairly easy for them.

Meanwhile TOB stumbles on. giancarlo and Peter Decker are about the only long-term Brokies still there, apart from you heroic Tremblayans. Specially Victoria. Tell us more about the trolls' internecine war, Vicky:

------------------
There seems to be some decension in the ranks and poor foxynator has a coup on his hands. ROFLOL

Board: Star Wars

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
View: thread | flat | inline | nest
OK HERMINATOR I AM STARTING TO WONDER
by - foxinator6 8 hours ago (Wed Apr 12 2006 11:51:18 ) Ignore this User | Report Abuse

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I THOUGHT OUR PLAN WAS TO DESTROY TOGETHER...BUT I GUESS SOMEWHERE YOU GOT CONFUSED. I DONT KNOW IF I SHOULD GO AGAINST YOU AND BRING MY PHANTOM 5 AGAINS TYOU OR SHOULD I BACK OFF...I AM WONDERING....OK TIME UP ...I THOUGHT ABOUT IT ...THIS MEANS WAR ..IM SORRY BUT I CANT LET YOU GET OFF SCOTT FREE.. MY ARMY WILL RISE UP AND DESTROY YOUR PEOPLE ..JUST LIKE I DID THE PIERRE TREMBLAY BOARD
Re: OK HERMINATOR I AM STARTING TO WONDER
by - The-Herminator 7 hours ago (Wed Apr 12 2006 12:19:09 ) Ignore this User | Report Abuse

Our plan was never to destroy, only to take over. However, I've changed my mind. You can go back to the Pierre Tremblay board now.

"Let the Lord of Chaos rule."
by - foxinator6 7 hours ago (Wed Apr 12 2006 12:31:13 ) Ignore this User | Report Abuse

oh no yo dont get off that easy..you betrayed me now it is war...i thought i could trust you .I guess not prepare for war I am taking over this board

by - KitFistosLoveChild 7 hours ago (Wed Apr 12 2006 12:33:27 ) Ignore this User | Report Abuse

THE BETTER YOU LOOK THE MORE YOU SEE
by - The-Herminator 6 hours ago (Wed Apr 12 2006 13:05:54 ) Ignore this User | Report Abuse

There's only one thing left to do now...RUN!!!

"Let the Lord of Chaos rule."
by - SCOTTisDEAD 2 hours ago (Wed Apr 12 2006 17:01:10 ) Ignore this User | Report Abuse

foxinator, I'd like to see you try and take over this board. I dare you to. That's right, it's a dare.

SCOTT
You got any Hermy Herms?
by - Crurned 1 hour ago (Wed Apr 12 2006 18:21:44 ) Ignore this User | Report Abuse

SCOTT! Wawhat are you saying?!?!?!

moremojo

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2006, 10:27:58 am »

Meanwhile TOB stumbles on. giancarlo and Peter Decker are about the only long-term Brokies still there, apart from you heroic Tremblayans. Specially Victoria.

I posted a little on TOB yesterday, including responses to  a thread that, unbeknownst to me at the time, was originated by an apparent troll ('johnnycinematic'). That thread, I noticed, had been deleted by this morning.

Scott
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 06:21:01 pm by moremojo »