Author Topic: Oprah is teaming up with the Academy to do a special  (Read 2657 times)

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Oprah is teaming up with the Academy to do a special
« on: January 11, 2007, 10:28:48 am »
before the OSCARS. Why couldn't she have done this last year and then she would have kept her mouth (I would think) shut and wouldn't have campaigned for CRASH?.  I wonder if Ebert is going to be campaigning for a film this year. No doubt his ego his so big he can't help it.  >:(

Winfrey to host Oscar special

By Nellie Andreeva

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Oprah Winfrey has teamed with ABC for a primetime Oscar special.

The daytime talk show queen will host and executive produce "The Oprah Winfrey Oscar Special," which will air Feb 22, the Thursday before the network's broadcast of the 79th annual Academy Awards.

The one-hour special will feature Academy Award winners Julia Roberts, Nicole Kidman and Jamie Foxx doing one-on-one interviews with an Oscar-winning actor of their choice.

Roberts will interview George Clooney at his Los Angeles home. Kidman will meet Russell Crowe at the Beverly Hills Hotel for their first-ever on-camera appearance together, and Foxx will sit down with Sidney Poitier on the stage where the veteran actor collected his Oscar for "Lilies of the Field" in 1963.

"The Oprah Winfrey Oscar Special" will not interfere with Barbara Walters' 25th annual Oscar Special, which ABC will air as usual the night of the Awards.

Walters' guests this year have not been announced yet. Last year, she interviewed Clooney.

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Oprah is teaming up with the Academy to do a special
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 05:48:36 am »
Those are interesting pairings.  I would watch all three of those. 

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 10:58:54 am »
Hmmpff.   What good was her comments last year?    She made a big deal about BBM, said it was the best, then she went and chose CRASH afterwards.    Sheesh.

Her Oscar opinions mean nothing to me now.  She's just cashing in on it.   Just like everything else she does.

Scott6373

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 11:52:05 am »
Someone needs to take Oprah out into a field and shoot her.  I cannot stand that woman...she is the walking, breathing definition of disingenuous.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 12:43:16 pm »
Someone needs to take Oprah out into a field and shoot her.

Ouch ..
She gets on my nerves at times too, but I wouldn't go that far ..  :o

Offline adrian

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2007, 04:50:07 am »
Oprah and the Academy???  Two things I despise.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 05:35:14 am by adrian.delmar »
There were only two of them on the mountain flying in the euphoric, bitter air, looking down on the hawks back and crawling lights of vehicles on the plain below....they believed themselves invisible.   A. Proulx