Author Topic: It's happening ..  (Read 30609 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: It's happening ..
« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2007, 07:32:18 pm »
nope...bout belt high...lol...5'8

Five-foot-eight? Tell you what, then, you're taller than I am. I'm lucky to make 5'6" in my cowboy boots.

You want a lift me up so's I can reach the sink?  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2007, 07:52:05 pm »
Brokie, coming thru..!
Can someone point me to the nearest sink, please?

(Sorry, I can't shake the silly mood I'm in ..lol :P )

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2007, 07:53:55 pm »
If we could all step back a couple of topics for just a second, back past the how tall are we (altho that's fascinating) and the peeing in the sink (I love Brokies!) I would like to talk about the only two times I have gotten to see BBM with other Brokies. The first was when I watched at home while chatting with several BetterMostians. I learned that I really do need to get to know my DVD player a lot better in order to do this successfully! But I also was like a kid in a candy store, pointing to my favorite things: look there's the hatchet, the saw, the sign of the eagle, Ennis whistling, the vacuum cleaner, the little boy with glasses...and on and on! The second time I watched BBM with another Brokie was in the Log Cabin Motel in Ten Sleep, Wyoming, and that was a memorable experience to say the least...a transcendent experience!! I hope that won't be the last time. . .

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #83 on: January 17, 2007, 08:19:29 pm »
If we could all step back a couple of topics for just a second, back past the how tall are we (altho that's fascinating) and the peeing in the sink (I love Brokies!) I would like to talk about the only two times I have gotten to see BBM with other Brokies.

Ok, silliness over ..

I have never gotten the opportunity to watch BBM with Brokies.  Hopefully some day soon!
I saw BBM in theatres with friends a few times, but they forgot all about it afterwards and were not really interested in going on about it.
Some of my best viewings have been solo ones .. although watching it with fellow brokies might just top those experiences.

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #84 on: January 17, 2007, 08:39:53 pm »
You all are invited to Bay City Michigan for the screening...  :D

It's going to be an event not to be missed.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #85 on: January 17, 2007, 10:04:47 pm »
Ok, silliness over ..

I have never gotten the opportunity to watch BBM with Brokies.  Hopefully some day soon!
I saw BBM in theatres with friends a few times, but they forgot all about it afterwards and were not really interested in going on about it.
Some of my best viewings have been solo ones .. although watching it with fellow brokies might just top those experiences.

I think there's a lot to be said for both. I love being able to commune with Ennis and Jack in the privacy of my own home--it's like keeping a jewel of great price all to myself!--but there is undoubtedly something very special about getting to watch the film with others who love it as much as you do.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2007, 08:21:18 am »
Brokie, coming thru..!
Can someone point me to the nearest sink, please?

(Sorry, I can't shake the silly mood I'm in ..lol :P )

ROFL!  But where's his hat?  :)

Re seeing BBM with and without fellows  - alone for sure beats seeing it with just any old person.  Most of my theater experiences were alone.  I think 5 times I took someone, and though each of them liked it, they just, you know, liked it.

I got to see it at the Aero with a theater full, including some precious Brokie buddies, and I got to go to the Castro, which in its way was even more exciting, because a lot of the people there did seem to come to SF especially for it, and also because it was with Brokie buds.  (I sat in the 2nd row with Melinda sashca and sfericsf, who are super-lovely people.  And then I got to be part of the recent chat, which was cool too, with more wonderful Brokie buds.  Oh, and what feels like a really long time ago i saw it in the theater here in Seattle with silkncense and uberlibran, which was great too.

I want to do more chat viewings.  I thought that went really well, though, IMO, once we start the film, we shouldn't pause it, as we so thoughtfully did so many times the other night.  Or maybe have a pre-agreed-upon sink-break pause or sumpn.

Anyway, the chat was very fun, because it was okay to "talk" during it, unlike the theater experiences.  We were deliberately watching it TO talk about what we were seeing.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2007, 08:26:20 am »
That sounds fun Clarissa - once my wireless broadband goes in  - i can use our new laptop to chatand can also watch the film on DVD at the same time. Roll on 8 February!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2007, 10:06:52 am »
Re seeing BBM with and without fellows  - alone for sure beats seeing it with just any old person.

Amen to that. Alone also beats a theater full of insensitive dweebs who laugh in inappropriate places, make audible snide comments, talk on cell phones, ... I could go on, but I'm sure you get the direction I'm goin'.

Scott6373

« Reply #89 on: January 18, 2007, 01:47:59 pm »
Really, Scott, really???

I sometimes watch only little bits... but I don't really think I'm bored.  I have fallen asleep while watching it... but not cause of boredom, just tiredness...

::)

Yes darlin' really