Author Topic: Youtube SNL promo with JAKE G  (Read 2469 times)

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Youtube SNL promo with JAKE G
« on: January 12, 2007, 10:27:42 pm »
Is Kenan Thompson that "flamboyant" in real life?.

JAKE: Oh, you know me.

KENAN:  I was you for Halloween!    (I wonder what he's referring to)  ;)

The promo is only 9 seconds long so it goes by fast.

&mode=related&search=

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Youtube SNL promo with JAKE G
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 11:19:17 pm »
Thanks for posting this!

I haven't seen any promos on TV yet (but I haven't been watching a lot of TV this week anyway).  I'm excited for the show tomorrow... but also soooo nervous.  I trust Jake but I don't really trust SNL... It will be hard to take if there's anything distasteful about Brokeback.  Especially with Jake around.  I can't wait for chat tomorrow night to hear people's reactions.

So, I'm very torn about tomorrow night's activities.
 :-\ ::)
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 01:17:39 pm »
I understand the feeling, Amanda.  But I like to hope that now that it's been over a year since its U.S. release, most of those Brokeback Jokes ships have sailed.  I gotta believe they'll do some sort of parody/allusion to it, since it's what Jake is most known for, let's be honest.  But I hope they're clever enough to stop at that - especially since he's multi-talented (I hear he does a mean Bruce Springsteen impression, for example).  We shall see...

Anyway, he looks adorable as always in the promo, and very at ease and confident (as usual), too.  I have a good feeling about it.  For what it's worth.

No more beans!

Offline coffeecat33

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 02:53:33 pm »
I understand the feeling, Amanda.  But I like to hope that now that it's been over a year since its U.S. release, most of those Brokeback Jokes ships have sailed.  I gotta believe they'll do some sort of parody/allusion to it, since it's what Jake is most known for, let's be honest.  But I hope they're clever enough to stop at that - especially since he's multi-talented (I hear he does a mean Bruce Springsteen impression, for example).  We shall see...

Anyway, he looks adorable as always in the promo, and very at ease and confident (as usual), too.  I have a good feeling about it.  For what it's worth.

I agree. What I said on the Jake Jake Jake thread is, whether the show is good or bad, tasteful or not, AT LEAST WE GET TO SEE JAKE !!!

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
LOL!!!!  And he's not a bad singer!!!
"yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"