Author Topic: Jake In Drag??  (Read 44328 times)

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
Re: Jake In Drag??
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2007, 01:33:05 am »
I've heard this very same thing! Do you think it's really true? I was always tempted to go cruising at Fort Benjamin Harrison, but I never did. I was too chicken. lol

I think it is true.  He's not the only military guy to tell me that.  Once I dated this ex-military guy who said the same thing, but noted that military guys like to date military guys, and they frown upon to date outside the military.

Non-sequitur for the evening......Maya Rudolph is a hoot!!!   One of my favorite songs in the world is "Love And It's Glory" sung by her mother Minnie Riperton who wrote it about her.
"yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2007, 02:01:10 am »
Sorry about the quality! I did this in a hurry, and I didn't properly set the aperture, light meter, etc...   :P

Jake in drag on SNL....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline coffeecat33

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2007, 02:11:02 am »
I loved him in drag! He did great - love the bulging deltoids with the sleeveless sequined dress. I probably would have thought the show was so-so if it were anyone else, but I really liked watching Jake. The singing couple wearing polar bear fur was funny, too.
cc33 / Leslie

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2007, 02:14:07 am »
haha..

Ok..the show is not on here yet .. but thanks for the pix David! 
My expectations are pretty low, its SNL afterall  :P, but I'm hoping Jake will make up for it ..

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2007, 02:16:53 am »
I loved him in drag! He did great - love the bulging deltoids with the sleeveless sequined dress. I probably would have thought the show was so-so if it were anyone else, but I really liked watching Jake. The singing couple wearing polar bear fur was funny, too.
cc33 / Leslie

my thoughts exactly, on everything. I also enjoyed the bronx skit (Jake was adorable!)

His arms in that dress?? *thud*  ::)
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2007, 02:28:42 am »
come on in to the chat room !

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2007, 03:43:56 am »

His arms in that dress?? *thud*  ::)

Um, agreed!  8)

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2007, 05:25:31 am »
It's a little after 1 here and SNL just went off and I had to log in before bed to post that we (Bob and me, Victoria and Nick) thought Jake was wonderful.  He was poised and charming and very funny right from the moment he took the stage.  He gets it.  SNL is satire and he picked up that ball and ran with it. He was clearly having a darn good time with it all.  It could have been really cringeworthy as SNL often is but it was a very pleasant surprise.

Loved him saying that he had always wanted to host SNL and wanted to jump at the chance but that he only agreed if there were NO brokeback jokes, then loved his interaction with those cute cowboys in the audience, acknowledgeing his new fan base, He was brillant as the Diva Dreamgirl in drag...boy is he looking hot these days must be all that working out and bicycling.  He was very cute in the Bronx interview and as the swedish rocker wearing "polar bear" and we all laughed through the Law and Order acting class...but my biggest chuckle of the evening came in the skit about fixing up the couple in the wheelchairs...everytime Jake delivered his exaggerated No I could not help but smile.   Even the meatball skit was OK.

Anyway we all really enjoyed it.  :D 
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2007, 06:32:06 am »
Everything Dottie said!

Really liked the Bronx Show skit - that was the funniest bit for me .. and the swedish rocker skit, the fixing a date skit and the acting class.
Not so cool skits - the "cool meatballs" ..lol.. and something about Laser cats ..

All in all .. Was a treat to watch Jake have a blast!!

And the arms in that slinky dress were ..  :o
Good stuff!  8)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 07:25:33 am by Lucise »

Offline David

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2007, 07:16:36 am »
I havenn't watch the whole thing yet,  but Jake in drag?     Dam his arms in that dress!   To quote a well used statement....   "Thud!"     :)