Author Topic: Missing Motel Moments by haunted_by_bbm  (Read 108189 times)

Offline haunted_by_bbm

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • "didn't know we was gonna get into this again..."
    • Panels of the Dream: Brokeback Mountain Stories
Re: Missing Motel Moments by haunted_by_bbm
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2007, 04:08:01 pm »
Hi  haunted.
I started reading your stories two days ago , and I love it ! I've almost finished Pine Creek.
It's good to read about the missing moments and how their relation grew .
And you even managed to put Annie in the story , that's so good .

Thanks for your beautiful stories , and I hope to read many more of them .

Nancy

Hi Nancy,

Thank you so much!  I'm so glad you're enjoying them.  And that's A LOT of reading in two days.   lol  I'm very flattered that they grabbed ya.   ;) 

Fitting 'Annie' into the story was something I had planned from the beginning.  I dropped hints in Part 3 of "MMM" but then didn't make it all clear until Part 1 of PC.   It was great fun to write.  And I'm not done with Annie yet.   She's going to make another appearance about eight years down the road for them...(about 8 months down the road for me and my writing. lol )  I can plan my stories out well in advance.  My mind is crazy that way.     ;)   

Thanks again, Nancy.
I really enjoy and appreciate the feedback and discussion.   :)

cag    (My initials.   ;)   I'm feeling less  'haunted' these days...more peaceful. )    :)
"The room stank of semen and smoke and sweat and whiskey, of old carpet and sour hay, saddle leather, shit and cheap soap.  Ennis lay spread-eagled, spent and wet, breathing deep, still half tumescent, Jack blowing forceful cigarette clouds like whale spouts..." – Annie Proulx

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2007, 03:47:14 am »
Thank you, sweetie.   ;)
I was going for a little heat.    ;)

C    :)

WELL well, when we last communicated, i had no idea you were even a writer.
     i just read the first chapter of your moments story...i found it very compelling, real, and
     a wonderful read..it drew you in from the start...being inside of both of the guys heads
     was a very interesting way to get very involved in the moment...ennis' regrets, and
     longings...his regrets from past decisions, and jack just needing to have the contact..
     his hopes realized in so many ways...the sad thought that runs through my own mind,
     knowing the future and how it all plays out...but love the way you tell, the time when
     it was all so full of hope,,,                     again welcome to bettermost,,,so glad to see
     you here..                                                                        janice

Beautiful mind

Offline haunted_by_bbm

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2007, 04:26:26 am »
                WELL well, when we last communicated, i had no idea you were even a writer.
     i just read the first chapter of your moments story...i found it very compelling, real, and
     a wonderful read..it drew you in from the start...being inside of both of the guys heads
     was a very interesting way to get very involved in the moment...ennis' regrets, and
     longings...his regrets from past decisions, and jack just needing to have the contact..
     his hopes realized in so many ways...the sad thought that runs through my own mind,
     knowing the future and how it all plays out...but love the way you tell, the time when
     it was all so full of hope,,,                     again welcome to bettermost,,,so glad to see
     you here..                                                                        janice

Janice,

Thank you so much, sweetie,
Glad you enjoyed it. 
It is so much fun to get inside our boys heads. 

It seems only fair to me that they let me in their heads...after all,
they've been under my skin for damn near a year already.   ;)    hehehe

I really love it here.   

C   :)
"The room stank of semen and smoke and sweat and whiskey, of old carpet and sour hay, saddle leather, shit and cheap soap.  Ennis lay spread-eagled, spent and wet, breathing deep, still half tumescent, Jack blowing forceful cigarette clouds like whale spouts..." – Annie Proulx

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2007, 08:55:48 am »
Saw the recommendation - and loved the title "Missing Motel Moments"  - immediately!  I've read the first three chapters - and they're fantastic!  I agree with what Janice said about being drawn in - and getting inside Jack's and Ennis's minds.  Very, very well done! 

And oh, yeah - you were going for a little heat?  Well, you definitely succeeded - and then some!   :laugh:

Glad you're here and thanks for the stories!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline haunted_by_bbm

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2007, 02:59:54 pm »
Saw the recommendation - and loved the title "Missing Motel Moments"  - immediately!  I've read the first three chapters - and they're fantastic!  I agree with what Janice said about being drawn in - and getting inside Jack's and Ennis's minds.  Very, very well done! 

And oh, yeah - you were going for a little heat?  Well, you definitely succeeded - and then some!   :laugh:

Glad you're here and thanks for the stories!

Marie

Marie,

So glad you liked the title...I thought it was pretty catchy.   lol    ;)
I'm really glad you're enjoying my stories.
I'm having tremendous fun writing them.   :D
The final part of "Pine Creek" will be posted on Thursday. 

C     :)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2007, 07:26:25 pm »

well i finished the motel moments story last night....it was so teriffic..i loved
    the way they came together, and made such a connection...and i cant wait to
    read the pine creek one as well...i will wait until thurs to read that one, so i
    can read it all in one sitting as well....i love to read them that way....
                                                                           janice,,,,
     i really liked this,,,,thanks so much

Beautiful mind

Offline haunted_by_bbm

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2007, 09:56:46 pm »

well i finished the motel moments story last night....it was so teriffic..i loved
    the way they came together, and made such a connection...and i cant wait to
    read the pine creek one as well...i will wait until thurs to read that one, so i
    can read it all in one sitting as well....i love to read them that way....
                                                                           janice,,,,
     i really liked this,,,,thanks so much

Hi Janice,   :)

Thank you so much!  I'm so glad you enjoyed it.   :)
And I totally understand what you mean about reading stories that are already complete.   I like reading them that way too.

I read  "A Love Born From Steel," that way, back in October when I first discovered Fanfiction.net.   I started reading one night, and before I knew it, it was three in the morning.  lol   I think I read the whole thing over a three day period.  It remains my all-time favorite...and I've read a lot!   ;) lol

Thanks again, sweetie.
Hope you enjoy "Pine Creek." 

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2007, 09:08:49 am »

I read  "A Love Born From Steel," that way, back in October when I first discovered Fanfiction.net.   I started reading one night, and before I knew it, it was three in the morning.  lol   I think I read the whole thing over a three day period.  It remains my all-time favorite...and I've read a lot!   ;) lol

Ah, thank you so much! I love compliments like this...

Hugs,

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline haunted_by_bbm

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2007, 05:40:16 pm »
Ah, thank you so much! I love compliments like this...

Hugs,

Leslie

Hugs back at ya, sweetie.

Have to tell you, I love  "TTVofT," so much...you've had me thinking about chili for days now.   lol   Finally made a huge pot of it, only to have to eat it by myself.  hehehe   My husband is out of town, and my kids don't have time to eat with me.   ;)    I might have to invite the neighbors down.   lol   ;)

Here's to hopin you never stop writin.   :)

C*

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2007, 06:43:18 am »
The conclusion of Pine Creek, Part 5:

http://haunted-by-bbm.livejournal.com/3779.html#cutid1

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!