Author Topic: Missing Motel Moments by haunted_by_bbm  (Read 108426 times)

Offline haunted_by_bbm

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • "didn't know we was gonna get into this again..."
    • Panels of the Dream: Brokeback Mountain Stories
Re: Missing Motel Moments by haunted_by_bbm
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2007, 11:30:28 pm »
Hey, C

I just finished Part 1 of "Warmest Week of the Year" - it was simply wonderful - can't praise it enough.

Loved how you framed it for us - the hour-by-hour parallels of the two loving daddies - and all the while those postcards next to their hearts and thoughts of each other in their minds.  Ahh . . . sweet anticipation.

Thanks again - you have a true gift.

Marie

Marie, 

Thank you so much, sweetie. 
I'm so glad you enjoyed it.   :)

You always give the nicest feedback.   :)
( I noticed with the 'drabblefest' too...you are such a wonderful encourager.)   :)

I posted Parts 2A & 2B earlier this evening. 
Hope you enjoy them.     :)

C*
"The room stank of semen and smoke and sweat and whiskey, of old carpet and sour hay, saddle leather, shit and cheap soap.  Ennis lay spread-eagled, spent and wet, breathing deep, still half tumescent, Jack blowing forceful cigarette clouds like whale spouts..." – Annie Proulx

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2007, 01:11:17 pm »
C*...

Thanks for this update! I hope you'll come back to the drabblefest...we have been missing you.

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2007, 01:16:48 pm »
C*...

Thanks for this update! I hope you'll come back to the drabblefest...we have been missing you.

Leslie

Yep, yep and yep!  I look foward to some great reading this weekend!

Thanks,

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2007, 02:40:08 pm »
Okay, C*, so I was a bad girl and read Parts 2a and 2b at my desk during lunch!   :o :o :o is all I can say! Those chapters were great....just wonderful, absolutely great.

Panting out a thanks to you...

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline haunted_by_bbm

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2007, 03:36:44 pm »
C*...

Leslie

Thank you, sweetie.   :)

I love the drabblefest.  :)
I've been trying to make a point to keep up with reading all of them every day, (when I'm supposed to be working)   LOL   But RL gets in the way of my daily doses of J & E just a little too much for my taste.  Ya know how that is?   

With my last chapter I just posted, all 11,500 words of it...I wrote the entire thing last Sunday afternoon.  I think I only stopped once to get up to pee.  I think I forgot to eat.  lol   It was the only time I had to work on it.   I knew what I was going to write, so it came out quickly, but I just wish I had more time.   lol   
Now I sound like Jack...'just a little more time...never enough time..."    ;)

I'm going to check out the prompts today...I promise.   ;)

C* 

"The room stank of semen and smoke and sweat and whiskey, of old carpet and sour hay, saddle leather, shit and cheap soap.  Ennis lay spread-eagled, spent and wet, breathing deep, still half tumescent, Jack blowing forceful cigarette clouds like whale spouts..." – Annie Proulx

Offline haunted_by_bbm

« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2007, 03:38:06 pm »
Yep, yep and yep!  I look foward to some great reading this weekend!

Thanks,

Marie

:)  :)  :) 

Offline haunted_by_bbm

« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2007, 03:40:05 pm »
Okay, C*, so I was a bad girl and read Parts 2a and 2b at my desk during lunch!   :o :o :o is all I can say! Those chapters were great....just wonderful, absolutely great.

Panting out a thanks to you...

L

LOL    Thanks so much, sweetie!
I love that icon with the big eyeballs!   lol      ;)
So glad I heated up your lunch for you...I understand it's pretty cold where you are.   ;)

C*

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2007, 04:03:14 pm »
I can't get enough of this (now I am re-reading!). I need to give you guys a quote, my highest compliment!

From Part 2B

“Mighty nice indeed,” Jack repeated, sighing deeply, accepting the bottle with a quiet ‘thank you’ as he drank deeply, completely ignoring his mental chastising of himself of the day before for drinking too much.

“Surely is,” Ennis repeated as well, letting his left hand come down to rest lightly on Jack’s right shoulder. Jack closed his eyes and sighed at the touch, letting his head lean just a little into it…not being able to decide for a moment what was more beautiful to him, the majestic scene in front of him, or the friend sitting beside him. Jack’s eyes remained closed as he contemplated this and leaned even closer into Ennis’ body…that in itself giving him his answer. Jack let his right hand ease up and around Ennis’ calf, holding him contentedly, finishing off his cigarette, while the sun completed its celebrated daily journey.

Ennis looked down at the dark-haired man sitting so comfortably beside him, and found he couldn’t define the feeling in his gut, couldn’t explain the reason why he had left the sheep early that day, and had even lied about it when asked. Couldn’t explain it…just wanted more…more time. Wanted another hour here or there…another few minutes wherever he could get them…didn’t want to ride back up to the sheep that night, although he knew he had to, and he knew he would. But that didn’t change the fact that he didn’t want to.

Ennis sighed deeply. Jack heard it and looked up, smiling, as Ennis capped the whiskey bottle and put out his cigarette.

L

Offline haunted_by_bbm

« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2007, 04:08:58 pm »
Thank you, Leslie.   :)
All the feedback I've gotten this morning has been sooooo great!    :D

C*

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2007, 11:53:28 am »
C*,

When I finished reading I just sat for a few minutes really absorbing that beautiful experience. 

"On their fourth day together.  .  .  "
"On the fifth day,"
"On the sixth day,"
"..the morning of the seventh day,"

You've given us "The Creation of Jack and Ennis." 

And then passages such as this:

The third time was a point unto itself, equally memorable, just as mind-numbingly intense, for Ennis entered Jack so needfully, moaning like a lonely wounded animal, a searching creature desperately trying to find his way home, and didn’t stop moaning the entire time he was thrusting steadily, hungrily, hopefully…all the while pleading with his bodily movements for Jack to provide the safe haven he craved, whether or not he’d ever learn to ask for it with words.

Wow. 

You give us such exquisite details of their lovemaking - but not one single word is superfluous and through these beautiful words you give us the very essence of Jack, the very essence of Ennis, and the very essence of their love.

Well, I  could go on and on - Ennis needing Jack to smile and Jack thinking that maybe God did like him . . .

That was some "bonus-dreaming"!  And just like Jack, I'm thinking about that week ahead in Pine Creek - and just like Jack, I'm smiling!

Thanks so much, C*!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain