Author Topic: You know you're a Brokaholic when...  (Read 40524 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
You know you're a Brokaholic when...
« on: April 13, 2006, 07:03:06 pm »
Apologies to the person who started this way back when for highjacking your idea, but I just had to post this. I saw a cowboyish looking person walking down the street today and my heart lept when he . . . spit!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
Re: You know you're a Brokaholic when...
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 07:05:13 pm »
Note to self: come and enjoy Front-rangers post when you have more time!

Seriously ranger I have millions, one actually including a concussion and a bag of peas, but more about that tomorrow.
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

moremojo

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 07:24:21 pm »
Apologies to the person who started this way back when for highjacking your idea, but I just had to post this. I saw a cowboyish looking person walking down the street today and my heart lept when he . . . spit!!
I'm chuckling right now, Front-Ranger, because I had a similar experience just yesterday! I work for the mail and supplies unit for a university library, and part of my job is to greet the folks who make deliveries at our loading dock. We get a UPS shipment every day (well, Mondays through Fridays), and our regular UPS delivery guy, K.J., showed up as usual yesterday, and got to chatting while I accepted his deliveries. While talking, he spat three times to the side, and I couldn't see this without thinking of our beloved Wyoming cowboys...I never thought I would find spitting and swearing so endearing!

Scott
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 06:25:19 pm by moremojo »

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006, 02:15:53 pm »
You know you're a Brokaholic when..

- You go through 77 pages of the NC-17 thread in one sitting!  :o
- Your addiction to cowboy boots has reached a fever pitch, and you were out yesterday trying on cowboy hats!
- Your friends will murder you if you ever attempt to bring up these two words ever again: Brokeback mountain!

Offline DeeDee

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2006, 02:21:30 pm »
- Your friends will murder you if you ever attempt to bring up these two words ever again: Brokeback mountain!

LOL... Two girls in work yesterday told me if I utter BBM even one more time, they're going to cut my tongue out.   ::)
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2006, 02:25:28 pm »
deedee -
I know, I stopped talking about it altogether, I just continue my obsession on this board, where I won't be considered 'loonie' ..lol

Offline FuzzyChanny

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "Youth is wasted on the young..."
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2006, 02:52:43 pm »
You'll only date a guy if he's seen Brokeback Mountain (I see it as a mark of a true man).
I've learnt that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in!

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2006, 06:09:46 pm »
Ahh Now I have time back to the peas and concussion story.

*When you have a concussion and instead of the normal how many fingers am I holding up you get asked to quote lines and you get them word perfect and still fall over.

*When you ask for beans instead of frozen peas to cool the swelling in your head

*When you wait 6 hours in the pouring rain, in Leicester just to see a glimpse of the cast

* When you ask your friend who is on holiday to look for Brokeback mags while she is over there

*When you have too many BBM articles that you have to have a special place for them

*When you look at roses, apples, cherries and binoculars differently

*When you get a bottle thrown at your head for mentioning the DVD release for the 345th time that day.

I will think of more, I promise I have millions.
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline DeeDee

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2006, 06:16:29 pm »
When I bought my husband boots for Valentines day and asking him to start spitting.
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2006, 07:13:39 pm »
When you get a blueberry muffin with one single blueberry in it, you take it as a sign of good luck  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...