Author Topic: You know you're a Brokaholic when...  (Read 40484 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: You know you're a Brokaholic when...
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2006, 11:33:16 am »
Lately I give back substandard work to my employees with a sticky note that says, "Tent don't look right!"
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline kudzudaddy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2006, 10:09:14 pm »
When the first question you ask a new acquaintance is "what did you think of BBM" and you judge their worth as a human being based on the answer -- you know you're you're a Brokie.

(sad but true)

Kudz

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2007, 01:27:49 am »
bump
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2007, 05:05:03 am »
when you are still posting almost every day on a fan site like this!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2007, 11:12:38 am »
Ain't that the truth!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Scott6373

« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2007, 11:25:17 am »
when you are still posting almost every day on a fan site like this!

Which makes believe that Bettermost is more than just a fan site.  What we have built here is am internet community of diverse people, brought together by this story, but we have and continue to grow past that.  Ennis and Jacks (I apologize to the fanfic authors we have here) story is over, but ours, both collectively and as individuals continues.  We each go on to face new joys, sorrows and concerns, and my hope is that Bettermost can be a place where we can safely share all those stages in our lives...as people who know the importance of loving and caring for each other and for those who are still struggling with how they fit into this world.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2007, 11:35:09 am »
Which makes believe that Bettermost is more than just a fan site.  What we have built here is am internet community of diverse people, brought together by this story, but we have and continue to grow past that.  Ennis and Jacks (I apologize to the fanfic authors we have here) story is over, but ours, both collectively and as individuals continues.  We each go on to face new joys, sorrows and concerns, and my hope is that Bettermost can be a place where we can safely share all those stages in our lives...as people who know the importance of loving and caring for each other and for those who are still struggling with how they fit into this world.

*insert nodding icon here*

If it wasn't for the people here that I am so fond of, and out ability to chat and laugh (and disagree sometimes!) together like old friends, I would probably have moved on a long time ago.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2007, 12:46:45 pm »
*insert nodding icon here*

If it wasn't for the people here that I am so fond of, and out ability to chat and laugh (and disagree sometimes!) together like old friends, I would probably have moved on a long time ago.

Yep, kelda and Scott, I have to say I've gone beyond being a Brokaholic and am now a Brokie-aholic!  Keep on postin', friends.  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2007, 02:53:16 pm »
I agree, Scott, Kelda and Meryl. I work out of my home, so I'm alone all day, so you guys are like the people I'd chat with around the water cooler or in the break room. (And, just as when I worked in an office, I have been known to extend that chat a little too long when I really should be working  ...  ::).)

Often, the talk is of BBM because it's something we all have in common, and it's fun to work Brokieisms into the conversation because people here are the only people in the world who instantly understand them. And I also like talking about other topics -- movies, books, recipes, whatever -- with people I know I have at least one huge thing in common with, so probably a bunch of smaller things, as well.

BTW, anybody see "My Name is Earl" last week? Earl got involved with a guy who had just died, and apparently had no friends or family. Earl felt sorry for the guy, so he invited a bunch of his own friends to a "funeral," but it was a disaster because nobody knew or cared about the guy (stay with me, I do have a point...). Then Earl stumbled upon the dead guy's computer and discovered that he was active on all kinds of message boards and chat rooms on a variety of topics (not BBM, sadly) and actually had lots and lots of friends -- online. So Earl emailed THOSE people, held another funeral, and a big crowd showed up for it.  :)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2007, 04:01:51 pm »
BTW, anybody see "My Name is Earl" last week? Earl got involved with a guy who had just died, and apparently had no friends or family. Earl felt sorry for the guy, so he invited a bunch of his own friends to a "funeral," but it was a disaster because nobody knew or cared about the guy (stay with me, I do have a point...). Then Earl stumbled upon the dead guy's computer and discovered that he was active on all kinds of message boards and chat rooms on a variety of topics (not BBM, sadly) and actually had lots and lots of friends -- online. So Earl emailed THOSE people, held another funeral, and a big crowd showed up for it.  :)

I did! I'm an Earl-o-holic, or Amigo de Earl, or Amigo de Garcia, or whatever, too!  ;D Very a propos point, Katherine!
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.