Author Topic: You know you're a Brokaholic when...  (Read 40153 times)

Scott6373

Re: You know you're a Brokaholic when...
« Reply #90 on: January 29, 2007, 02:51:32 pm »
You know you're a broke-a-holic when you agree to be a Moderator on a BBM themed on-line forum whose residents range from happily wacky (me) to the inspiringly profound (all the rest of you).

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #91 on: January 29, 2007, 11:12:23 pm »
You know you're a broke-a-holic when you agree to be a Moderator on a BBM themed on-line forum whose residents range from happily wacky (me) to the inspiringly profound (all the rest of you).

Yes, being a moderator is proof positive of Brokaholicism, and I've yet to find a 12-step program to address the problem!  Still, I wouldn't have it any other way.  Glad you're on the team, Scott.  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #92 on: January 30, 2007, 10:12:56 am »
... you watch a movie that contains an apartment complex called "Heath View" and can't help but smile every time they show it.

No more beans!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #93 on: January 31, 2007, 09:08:00 am »
...when you're considering to look for an actual job you are paid for for the first time in 10 years, in order to be able to get to a Brokie gathering in Denver or Alberta  :laugh:.

Scott6373

« Reply #94 on: January 31, 2007, 09:09:57 am »
...when you're considering to look for an actual job you are paid for for the first time in 10 years, in order to be able to get to a Brokie gathering in Denver or Alberta  :laugh:.

Oh that's bad...LOL

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #95 on: January 31, 2007, 11:06:00 am »

Or, you hesitate to look for an actual job for the first time in 10 years, because you're afraid you won't get time off to go to the Brokie gathering in Denver or Alberta.  :laugh:

Offline nakymaton

• aka Mel
« Reply #96 on: February 04, 2007, 05:30:31 pm »
...when you consider buying the full screen version of a movie just because it's on the $13 shelf, and then consider going to your message board and asking if anyone else is looking for the full screen version at that price.

...and when you decide to wait until the price drops to the $9 shelf, more because of the stupid "Winner of 3 Academy Awards" thing on the cover than because you already own the widescreen version.

(Also, when your child sees the cover and says "Mommy, look, that's Jack!")
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #97 on: February 04, 2007, 06:58:13 pm »
Mel that's priceless!

When you excitedly point out Childress to your other half and when he asks What's in Childress you say, "Jack lives there!" And then you have to spend the entire drive thru the Texas panhandle correcting all his misconceptions: No, Jack wasn't born there, he was born in Wyoming. He moved there after Brokeback and got married. No, he married a woman and had a son. No, he didn't have the son, his wife did, dummy. How did he do that? Same way YOU did. Etc. Etc.

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline nakymaton

• aka Mel
« Reply #98 on: February 04, 2007, 07:15:03 pm »
Sounds like some high-class entertainment, F-R!

Offline nakymaton

• aka Mel
« Reply #99 on: February 06, 2007, 01:12:34 am »
Another incident, tonight.

I answered the phone and heard a strange man's voice (saying "how're you doin, darlin" or something like that). I told him that I thought he had the wrong number, and then he asked to speak to Carl.

And my first reaction was...

...what? Carl? Carl's gay too? How does Cassie keep dating gay men?

(Then I returned to my senses, told the man that he had the wrong number, and hung up the phone.)

(Though I supposed I'm not a true brokaholic unless I also answer the phone with "Who? Who is this?")

(Edit -- this might not make sense if you didn't know my first reaction to being called "darlin" on the phone. People don't call me "darlin." I'm from northern New England, and my people aren't big on endearments. So my first reaction was that either this guy thought I was his wife, or that this was a harassing phone call and I needed to end it ASAP. And then suddenly, it was mistaken because the guy really wanted to talk to Carl...)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 09:14:50 am by nakymaton »