Author Topic: Love is Blind by el_wing  (Read 61551 times)

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Love is Blind by el_wing (33)
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2008, 12:35:41 pm »
Mornin', el.

Well, It was a difficult chapter to read, especially the last one-third.  But, a very good read and it moves the story forward.  Have to remember your earlier comment, about there being only two or three more of these before the guys can get started on figuring out their sweet life together. 

Hope there's a monetary reward for the guys, would help them set up their life.  And would serve LD right to have his money pay for it, or at least part of it. 

Thanks again.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Love is Blind by el_wing
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2008, 01:20:29 pm »
The angst and suspense in this chapter are really palpable.

**Spoilers**
I wrote this in my comment to the story... but I'll just repeat that it was really hard to read about Jack and Ennis fighting so violently even though we know they were just pretending to fight in that public setting.  Also, to see Ennis collapse when he thinks they've lost Jack is heartbreaking.  This update ends with quite a cliff-hanger indeed!
:)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2008, 03:01:01 pm »
......about there being only two or three more of these before the guys can get started on figuring out their sweet life together. 

Well, that's good to know, cwby....but I don't want to the story to end! LOL!  I hope we get to stick around for some of that sweet life. 

The angst and suspense in this chapter are really palpable.

**Spoilers**
I wrote this in my comment to the story... but I'll just repeat that it was really hard to read about Jack and Ennis fighting so violently even though we know they were just pretending to fight in that public setting.  Also, to see Ennis collapse when he thinks they've lost Jack is heartbreaking.  This update ends with quite a cliff-hanger indeed!
:)

Yeah, I agree, Amanda.  I thnk part of the reason it was so hard to read is because I could feel some kernels of truth behind the "acting" - Ennis really was uncomfortable with being outed so publicly and somewhere deep inside Jack was remembering those years of hurt (and, truthfully, he may have even taken a bit of satisfaction in punching Linden - although he knows logically he has no reason to be jealous).  And OMG, when Ennis was yelling "No, no, no" it was ripping my heart out.  I wonder what's up with Jorge?  Great chapter.

Marie

(P.S.  Your new picture is great, Amanda - always makes me smile when I see you smiling!  :) )
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2008, 03:08:49 pm »

(P.S.  Your new picture is great, Amanda - always makes me smile when I see you smiling!  :) )

Awww, that's really sweet Friend.  :-*  That pic was taken at Rocky Mtn. National Park last May during the BBQ weekend.  So, I was having loads of fun.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2008, 02:00:51 pm »
Chapter 34 is up!

http://elwings-things.livejournal.com/27084.html

Oh, man.......All I can say is that this is the kind of chapter that makes me really greedy and selfish - I want el to quit her job and ignore real life just so she can get the next chapter up right away!  LOL! 

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2008, 02:38:26 pm »
Yay!  I'm looking forward to reading this when I get home from work!
8)

Offline el_wing

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • and bite me too...
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2008, 07:37:52 pm »
Chapter 35 is up and read to read.

http://elwings-things.livejournal.com/27886.html
Leaves turn over with the times,
The sun breaks each day with shines,
Hither awhile, then whither back--
It is life that people lack.
     ~el-wing

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2008, 02:03:28 pm »
Chapter 35 is up and read to read.

http://elwings-things.livejournal.com/27886.html

SPOILERS

And a great chapter!  Some interesting plot twists and a killer cliffhanger....but one sweet little bit of comic relief, too!

Marie

Offline el_wing

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • and bite me too...
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2008, 04:32:03 am »
Leaves turn over with the times,
The sun breaks each day with shines,
Hither awhile, then whither back--
It is life that people lack.
     ~el-wing

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2008, 06:28:45 pm »
SPOILERS

Whew!  What a heart-pounder.  Still lots of loose ends to tie up - but the last words of the chapter:

"Ennis, I'm safe."
(and the knowledge that Linden would be fine) are all I need for now.   :)

Marie