Author Topic: The Bettermost Drabblefest: Please Join In!  (Read 1178161 times)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: The Bettermost Drabblefest: Please Join In!
« Reply #1040 on: April 11, 2007, 07:40:32 pm »
What she said!  :D

(And it's no surprise that Jack didn't point out Alma, TX, 6 miles down from road from Ennis, TX.)

Hehe ..  ;D 
Why would he, Fern? lol..I don't think he thought he'd have any fun in Alma at all ..  :P

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1041 on: April 11, 2007, 07:51:53 pm »
Hehe ..  ;D 
Why would he, Fern? lol..I don't think he thought he'd have any fun in Alma at all ..  :P

:laugh:   :laugh:
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #1042 on: April 12, 2007, 04:59:38 am »

(And it's no surprise that Jack didn't point out Alma, TX, 6 miles down from road from Ennis, TX.)

:o
Your comment made me check out wikipedia. Ennis, TX and Alma, TX ? ? ? Indeed!  :o

Hehe ..   
Why would he, Fern? lol..I don't think he thought he'd have any fun in Alma at all .. 

:laugh:

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1043 on: April 12, 2007, 06:12:13 am »
:o
Your comment made me check out wikipedia. Ennis, TX and Alma, TX ? ? ? Indeed!  :o

:laugh:

I actually just received an email from a reader who told me he was out taking a driving tour. He says, in part:

I live in a Dallas suburb and drove south on I-45.  I drove out on some country roads and state hiways around Ennis and saw some beautiful fields of bluebonnets.   Leaving Ennis southbound on I-45 there,as big as life, is a sign saying next exit is Alma.  Then I left I-45 at Corsicana on SR 31 toward Waco.  About 10 miles out of Corsicana is the Lazy L Ranch.  I almost ran off the road turning to look at the sign.  Also Heath TX is located in Rockwall county just east of Dallas

Who knew?

L

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1044 on: April 12, 2007, 07:03:29 am »
Hi all,

Believe it or not, they are predicting MORE snow here in Maine. The winter that never ends, that's what this is! All of this is making me think of warm weather and prompts like these...

• chaise lounge
  • Adirondack chair
  • Weber grill

Have fun!

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #1045 on: April 12, 2007, 07:05:26 am »
I actually just received an email from a reader who told me he was out taking a driving tour. He says, in part:

I live in a Dallas suburb and drove south on I-45.  I drove out on some country roads and state hiways around Ennis and saw some beautiful fields of bluebonnets.   Leaving Ennis southbound on I-45 there,as big as life, is a sign saying next exit is Alma.  Then I left I-45 at Corsicana on SR 31 toward Waco.  About 10 miles out of Corsicana is the Lazy L Ranch.  I almost ran off the road turning to look at the sign.  Also Heath TX is located in Rockwall county just east of Dallas
L

:o OMG. Life can be truly strange. But how cool is that? Driving past Ennis and Alma, then seeing the Lazy L sign  8). I think I indeed would have driven off the road, not only almost  :laugh:
I'd love to see a pic of that sign  :).

Who knew?

Annie. Not about Lazy L and Heath, TX, of course, but she's said to be very meticulous with all kinds of background investigation. So maybe she came across Ennis TX and Alma TX while writing Brokeback Mountain.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #1046 on: April 12, 2007, 07:14:50 am »
Hi all,

Believe it or not, they are predicting MORE snow here in Maine. The winter that never ends, that's what this is! All of this is making me think of warm weather and prompts like these...

• chaise lounge
  • Adirondack chair
  • Weber grill

Have fun!

Leslie

Thank you google picture search  ;D

Adirondack chair:

Weber grill:

At least I know chaise lounge  :laugh:. It's the same in German...  :)

Believe it or not, they are predicting MORE snow here in Maine.

Oh my. Poor Leslie. *sending you a warm hug and some sunrays  :-* *

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1047 on: April 12, 2007, 07:18:09 am »
Annie. Not about Lazy L and Heath, TX, of course, but she's said to be very meticulous with all kinds of background investigation. So maybe she came across Ennis TX and Alma TX while writing Brokeback Mountain.

Hm, maybe. If you have been playing the Road Trip game, she could have come up with names like Old Dime Box, Do Wah Diddy, and Nip n Tuck. Can't you just imagine this bit of memorable dialog?

"Dime Box!"

"Uh, what, Do Wah?"

"Get your sorry ass in the tent, it's fuckin freezin out there!"

soon after the deed is done, a thought runs through Dime Box's mind, "What the hell am I gonna tell Nip n Tuck about this???

L

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1048 on: April 12, 2007, 07:20:58 am »

Thank you google picture search  ;D

At least I know chaise lounge  :laugh:. It's the same in German...  :)

Oh my. Poor Leslie. *sending you a warm hug and some sunrays  :-* *

Thanks for the picture search! I actually thought of doing the same thing but you bet me to it.

And Chrissi, the warm hug and sunrays are very much appreciated. I need them!

L

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1049 on: April 12, 2007, 07:38:34 am »

.  .  .  Then I left I-45 at Corsicana on SR 31 toward Waco.  About 10 miles out of Corsicana is the Lazy L Ranch.  I almost ran off the road turning to look at the sign. .  . .    

Wow - once I saw that sign, I don't think I could have resisted taking a side trip to the Lazy L.  Sure would love to see who would answer the door!    ;D  Thanks for sharing, L, stay warm. 

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain