Author Topic: The Bettermost Drabblefest: Please Join In!  (Read 1178182 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: The Bettermost Drabblefest: Please Join In!
« Reply #130 on: February 07, 2007, 01:47:47 pm »

"  Jack schooch over a bit bud."  "h.uhh"  "Move over."  "what a ya want?"  I need to git up..   "Gotta piss, an do somp'en bout
that dang drippy faucet."  "I dont wanna move, aint sure i even can yet"  "i Think you fucked my brains out on that last one cowboy.
My dang cock is glued to my leg since we fell asleep."  "Its gonna peel the skin off ifn i move."  "Well what'cha want ta do about it."
"I gotta get up Jack." 
   " We got any more a that rotgut left."  "Don't know?  Mebe a little."  "Whatcha gonna do with it ,,?  "Thought i mite pour some
of it on yer ass if that mite git ya movin."  "Well, I got a better idea...git some of that damn perfume i bought to give to Lureen,
outa my duffle.   We can't drink that"   "Which one is the perfume in here jack?  I cain"t see the names on the lables without my
damned eyeglasses." 
    "Well, yer up now,,just let it be, and turn off that damned leaky fawcet.."
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 02:03:20 am by ifyoucantfixit »

Beautiful mind

Scott6373

« Reply #131 on: February 07, 2007, 02:06:29 pm »
The sound was unstoppable.  The sound was maddening.  The sound was painful.  Drip, drip, drip, but not the thin sound of water dripping from the spigot:  the sound of his heart pounding after Ennis left him, lying naked, prone and alone at the Siesta.

44 words

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #132 on: February 07, 2007, 02:44:53 pm »

The horrible sound of silence.....aaargh

janice

Beautiful mind

Offline el_wing

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • and bite me too...
« Reply #133 on: February 07, 2007, 04:33:49 pm »
Another boring Saturday night bridge game

“Tarnation,” Jack moaned under his breath. “Where in Fibber McGee’s closet are the dad-gum things? Need nicotine worse 'n drink ta survive two more hours a this shit.”

Jack shook his head. How could a woman cram so much in such a small space? Jack dumped the contents of the little black handbag on to the counter. Chanel perfume bottle, eyeglass case, shiny gold compact, candy apple lipstick, and where are them smokes. She never went no where without one extra hid away.

“Jack? What ya doin?” he heard her voice comin' from behind the kitchen door.

“Lookin’ for a cigarette in yer—“ he stood pushin’ fingernail files and pennies aside when---

--he saw it. Everythin’ slowed-- sharp heals hittin’ linolieum, the drip from the faucet, the tick of the old clock on the kitchen wall. Jack picked out the card from pile of the counter top. His hands shook. He turned it over as Laureen rushed through the door
Leaves turn over with the times,
The sun breaks each day with shines,
Hither awhile, then whither back--
It is life that people lack.
     ~el-wing

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #134 on: February 07, 2007, 04:52:43 pm »
Quanah Rexall Pharmacy
Quanah, TX

Ennis stood at the sunglass display, idly turning it around, as he waited for Jack to pick up the pictures they had left for developing. He tried one pair of glasses on, peered at himself in the little mirror, and shook his head.

“I like those,” said Jack, pointing to another pair as he came up next to Ennis.

“I don’t get sunglasses. Never wore em. What’s the point?”

“Ya wear a hat, Ennis.”

“Huh?”

“A hat,” said Jack, pointing to the one Ennis held in his hands. “It shades yer eyes.”

Ennis looked slowly at the sunglasses, then his hat, and last, at Jack. “Oh, right,” he said.

(114 words)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 06:25:15 pm by MaineWriter »
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #135 on: February 07, 2007, 04:59:00 pm »
Quanah Rexall Pharmacy
Quanah, TX

Ennis stood at the sunglass display, idly turning it around, as he waited for Jack to pick up the pictures they had left for developing. He tried one pair of glasses on, peered at himself in the little mirror, and shook his head.

“I like those,” said Jack, pointing to another pair as he came up next to Ennis.

“I don’t get sunglasses. Never wore em. What’s the point?”

“Ya wear a hat, Ennis.”

“Huh?”

“A hat,” said Jack, pointing to the one Ennis held in his hands. “It shades yer eyes.”

Ennis looked slowly at the sunglasses, then his hat, and last, at Jack. “Oh, right,” he said.

(114 words)

I loved how you took us right in the drug store with ya,,,nice,,,  they are so sweet together....            janice

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #136 on: February 07, 2007, 05:01:01 pm »

“Tarnation,” Jack moaned under his breath. “Where in Fibber McGee’s closet are the dad-gum things? Need nicotine worse 'n drink ta survive two more hours a this shit.”

Jack shook his head. How could a woman cram so much in such a small space? Jack dumped the contents of the little black handbag on to the counter. Chanel perfume bottle, eyeglass case, shiny gold compact, candy apple lipstick, and where are them smokes. She never went no where without one extra hid away.

“Jack? What ya doin?” he heard her voice comin' from behind the kitchen door.

“Lookin’ for a cigarette in yer—“ he stood pushin’ fingernail files and pennies aside when---

--he saw it. Everythin’ slowed-- sharp heals hittin’ linolieum, the drip from the faucet, the tick of the old clock on the kitchen wall. Jack picked out the card from pile of the counter top. His hands shook. He turned it over as Laureen rushed through the door

U are excellent here with your very realistic way of using the prompts,,,like that a lot..    and the end,,,gasp                                  janice

Beautiful mind

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #137 on: February 07, 2007, 05:13:50 pm »
Ennis was having a hard time trying to read Jack’s latest post card. The hand writing seemed blurred and he couldn't make out what in the hell Jack wrote. He thought maybe it was the dim light of the trailer, so he tried changing places to get a better illumination, but still couldn't read what the card said. “Damn,” said Ennis. “Maybe I need glasses after all.” He left the postcard on top of the counter deciding to read it during the morning, when the sun came up, and went to bed.

92 words.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #138 on: February 07, 2007, 06:53:04 pm »
Wow, you guys ROCK!!  Look at the variety of your creativity!

My dang cock is glued to my leg since we fell asleep."  "Its gonna peel the skin off ifn i move."  "Well what'cha want ta do about it."

Janice, you're a treasure!  The clay pot story made me laugh so hard - and you did it all in dialogue, you clever thing, you - and now this one! 

The sound was unstoppable.  The sound was maddening.  The sound was painful.  Drip, drip, drip, but not the thin sound of water dripping from the spigot:  the sound of his heart pounding after Ennis left him, lying naked, prone and alone at the Siesta.

44 words

Scott, your writing is ... sublime. 

Damn fine writing - all the prompts used so smoothly - and a drabble cliffhanger!!!

Quanah Rexall Pharmacy
Quanah, TX

(114 words)

ROFL!!!  Leslie, have I told you that I love your sense of humor?  I love your sense of humor.  We've all had those "duh" moments, haven't we?

Ennis was having a hard time trying to read Jack’s latest post card. The hand writing seemed blurred and he couldn't make out what in the hell Jack wrote. He thought maybe it was the dim light of the trailer, so he tried changing places to get a better illumination, but still couldn't read what the card said. “Damn,” said Ennis. “Maybe I need glasses after all.” He left the postcard on top of the counter deciding to read it during the morning, when the sun came up, and went to bed.

92 words.

Aww.. I love these short ones - and I can picture this in my mind so perfectly!

Thanks, everyone!

Marie

The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #139 on: February 07, 2007, 10:30:04 pm »

92 words.

I liked this Natalie...such a picture of stubborn Ennis refusing to buy
glasses...now maybe he will get some...                             Janice

Beautiful mind