Author Topic: The Bettermost Drabblefest: Please Join In!  (Read 1183359 times)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: The Bettermost Drabblefest: Please Join In!
« Reply #1440 on: June 08, 2007, 08:45:20 pm »
         "You wanta eat, or ya wanta fuck."  'Or do you wanta fuck, and eat.  At the same time?"  Jack playfully asked.  Ennis made his customary "hunh" and grabbed Jack to him and said, "you have a bad mouth Jack Fu..ing Twist." 

Well, I'll be...  ;D.  Loved that!  Cheers Janice!

Coconuts

"What the hell is this?"

:laugh:
Thanks for the laugh Marie!  Love it when you drabble!

Quite the colorful drabble day today, aint it?   8)

Cheers!
~M

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #1441 on: June 09, 2007, 07:15:11 pm »

Since I have never given the prompts
        try these

Handle
        Coyotes tail
        dirty jeans

Beautiful mind

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1442 on: June 09, 2007, 07:16:25 pm »
Thank you, Janice! Let's see how those prompts inspire the drabblers today and this evening...

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1443 on: June 10, 2007, 11:19:11 am »
Great prompts, Janice!  I'm inspired - be back in a bit!   :D

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1444 on: June 10, 2007, 12:16:16 pm »
Wash Day

Riverton, Wyoming
June 29, 1967

The basket seemed heavy that day, although it was filled with the same assortment of laundry she did every week.  She shifted it in her arms as she walked listlessly down the stairs and pushed the door of the laundromat open with her elbow.  It was quiet at this time of the afternoon and she was thankful for that, not in the mood for small talk or gossip. She set the basket down on the table and reached for the dirty jeans, automatically emptying the pockets.  A crumpled dollar bill, two quarters, a nickel ……. she stared hard at the matchbook in her hand, the words "Motel Siesta" becoming blurred from the intensity of her gaze.  She let the matchbook drop slowly to the table, the weight of it suddenly too much to bear.

Childress, Texas
June 29, 1967

She placed the album on the turntable and turned the volume up.  "How about The Rolling Stones, Bobby?"  The baby smiled up at her from his playpen, already clapping his pudgy hands. "Looks like you've got Momma's taste in music," she laughed as she turned to the laundry basket and reached for the dirty jeans, automatically emptying the pockets.  A crumpled dollar bill, two quarters, a nickel, and a matchbook.  She put the money aside and tossed the matchbook in the ashtray, singing along with the album, "….let's spend the night together, now I need you more than ever . . . . "

~~~~~~~~~~~
250 words

The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline fernly

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1445 on: June 10, 2007, 12:31:33 pm »
Beautiful, Marie, just beautiful. I love the parallel structure, and every detail you've chosen tells so much.
on the mountain flying in the euphoric, bitter air

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #1446 on: June 10, 2007, 12:31:40 pm »

i didnt get the chance to do one yesterday so i will use my prompts from then.

Ennis clung to the handle of the old coffee pot.  It was the one he used to use when him and Jack went to
the back of beyond.  Much of the blue had chipped off.  There were almost as many black spots as white it
seemed.  But it was his.
         Alma Jr, said "daddy, why don't you throw that old pot away.  Get you a new one.  You've had that
thing forever.  It's all beat up and dented.  Got so much of the speckeled blue chipped off.  You can't tell if it's supposed to be blue or black."  He just looked
at the pot, and said, "nuhuh, I just want this one.  I like it just fine.  It makes the best coffee in the world."
Besides I like the color."

125 wds
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 12:41:42 pm by ifyoucantfixit »

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #1447 on: June 10, 2007, 12:35:51 pm »

Marie, i loved your drabbles, now you have to get used to the gushing coming your way...Very excellent use of the prompts.  Excellent...bravo

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #1448 on: June 10, 2007, 12:51:45 pm »

Ennis shot the coyote, ''with balls on em the size o apples.''  He cut off the tail, and stuck some feathers he had found around the campsite where he pitched the pup last night he was up here.  He placed it on a stick he pounded into the hard ground.  He now had a totem.  Would it succeed in scaring the coyotes away?
Or would it just make the nights up here go slower now, without them dam coyotes to occupy his long
nights?

80wds

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #1449 on: June 10, 2007, 12:59:29 pm »

They both had dirty jeans.  They had wrestled around, after Ennis had smacked Jack on the butt with the shirt and Jack wrestled him down to the soft ground.  They didn't care, not one bit.  One of them would have to spend a good portion of his morning washing those dirty tell tail signs out of their jeans.  but It would just be a necessary result of one more of their love in the bright sunshine of the mountain.  What they didn't know, and what would not wash away, was that they had been seen.

93wds 

Beautiful mind