Author Topic: The Bettermost Drabblefest: Please Join In!  (Read 1178245 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: The Bettermost Drabblefest: Please Join In!
« Reply #3050 on: May 14, 2009, 01:11:26 pm »
How about:

• world
  • wide
  • web
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #3051 on: May 15, 2009, 11:04:53 am »
Worlds Apart

Ennis was always aware that Jack had seen so much more of the world than he had, or ever would, and there was a restlessness about Jack that scared him.  The life he imagined Jack living seemed so exciting that he held his breath when it was time for them to meet, never completely sure that Jack would show.

Because the only thing Ennis knew for certain, even if he couldn't admit it, was that when he reached for Jack in the darkness of the night and held him close, he was holding his whole wide world in his hands. 

~~~~~~~~~~
100 Words
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline gwyllion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Backpacker
    • My fanfiction on AO3
« Reply #3052 on: May 16, 2009, 04:49:13 pm »
Nice one mariez!

I wish Ennis realized how much Jack really was his world.

A companion where none had been expected...

Offline gwyllion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Backpacker
    • My fanfiction on AO3
« Reply #3053 on: May 16, 2009, 04:53:12 pm »
Night Ride

Jack woke up cold and lonely, the full moon casting shadows on the ground outside the tent.  A damp fog crept up the foothills from the peaceful sleeping world below.  He silently saddled his horse without much thought and set off up the mountain.  The trail was clearly visible in the bright moonlight; only an occasional spider’s web impeded his rocky trek to the highlands above.  An hour later, maybe two, he arrived at his destination.  He quietly opened one tent flap wide, entered and settled himself inside, curled up next to his sleeping lover, absorbing his warmth and companionship. 

-100 words-

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #3054 on: May 17, 2009, 12:19:07 am »
Worlds Apart

Ennis was always aware that Jack had seen so much more of the world than he had, or ever would, and there was a restlessness about Jack that scared him.  The life he imagined Jack living seemed so exciting that he held his breath when it was time for them to meet, never completely sure that Jack would show.

Because the only thing Ennis knew for certain, even if he couldn't admit it, was that when he reached for Jack in the darkness of the night and held him close, he was holding his whole wide world in his hands. 

~~~~~~~~~~
100 Words

Beuatiful, Marie.  I loved reading through this!  :)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #3055 on: May 17, 2009, 12:19:56 am »
Night Ride

Jack woke up cold and lonely, the full moon casting shadows on the ground outside the tent.  A damp fog crept up the foothills from the peaceful sleeping world below.  He silently saddled his horse without much thought and set off up the mountain.  The trail was clearly visible in the bright moonlight; only an occasional spider’s web impeded his rocky trek to the highlands above.  An hour later, maybe two, he arrived at his destination.  He quietly opened one tent flap wide, entered and settled himself inside, curled up next to his sleeping lover, absorbing his warmth and companionship. 

-100 words-

If only you knew how this makes me feel!  Your piece takes my breath away!

Offline gwyllion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Backpacker
    • My fanfiction on AO3
« Reply #3056 on: May 18, 2009, 08:10:30 am »
Thank littlewing!

How about:

*stop

*merge

*yield

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #3057 on: July 03, 2009, 12:52:11 pm »
Unyielding

For so long she'd done what she'd been taught to do, had kept the peace and yielded to his wishes, but she found that when she lost her child she had also lost that long-held habit.  And when she saw the look on his friend's face she knew it was time to do what she'd been planning since he'd first called.

Let him think he'd scored a victory by refusing the request.  She knew that the contents of the paper bag that Ennis clutched so tightly were more inherently a part of Jack than those cold ashes would ever be. 

~~~~~~~~~
100 Words

Offline gwyllion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Backpacker
    • My fanfiction on AO3
« Reply #3058 on: July 06, 2009, 10:30:38 am »
Lovely, mariez.  :(

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #3059 on: July 06, 2009, 09:36:25 pm »
Unyielding

For so long she'd done what she'd been taught to do, had kept the peace and yielded to his wishes, but she found that when she lost her child she had also lost that long-held habit.  And when she saw the look on his friend's face she knew it was time to do what she'd been planning since he'd first called.

Let him think he'd scored a victory by refusing the request.  She knew that the contents of the paper bag that Ennis clutched so tightly were more inherently a part of Jack than those cold ashes would ever be. 

~~~~~~~~~
100 Words

Very moving, Marie!  I love it!