Author Topic: The Bettermost Drabblefest: Please Join In!  (Read 1178222 times)

Offline jpwagoneer1964

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Me and my 1951 DeSoto Suburban
Re: The Bettermost Drabblefest: Please Join In!
« Reply #460 on: March 02, 2007, 03:17:36 pm »
Ennis thinking to himself: That Jack fella sure wasn't kidding when he said he couldn't cook worth a damn! Sure hope we ain't havin' black spuds  like those black pancakes we had yesterday.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 04:10:56 pm by jpwagoneer1964 »
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

Scott6373

« Reply #461 on: March 02, 2007, 03:27:10 pm »
Jack smiled. “Yeah, yer right…’cause lovin’ you is the easiest thing I’ve ever done. Tell ya what…”

“What?”

“Let’s do the laundry together.”

“And I’ll wash the pan after cookin’ pancakes.”

“Sounds like a plan. Ready to face the day?”

Ennis nodded. “Day one a week three a the rest of the our lives together. Ya with me cowboy?”

“Forever,” said Jack, with a kiss.

(321 words)

Ok you said scmoopy...yeppers...there something so familiar about his, it's like putting on a old pair of jeans, or an old and dear friend coming for a visit after a long absence.  Thank you.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #462 on: March 02, 2007, 03:53:25 pm »
An NC-17 drabble, I am warning you in advance. This one is for Teresa, because she asked...

Lazy L Farm
Quanah, TX
July 24, 2006

The night was pitch black, with only the sliver of the quarter moon illuminating the sky, sending a silvery light across the field. “C’mon Jack,” said Ennis, grabbing him by the hand. “We got ta do this now.”

“Do what?”

“The truck fuckin’. Like I promised.” He pulled Jack with him, then pushed him into the front seat of the truck, sliding behind the steering wheel. “Ya left the key in the ignition,” he said, his voice low and husky. “I knew ya wanted it.”

Ennis slammed the truck into gear, then drove down the road, stopping one half mile later at their spot by the river. He turned the key then wordlessly, turned to Jack, his hands running down his lover’s shoulders and arms. He unbuttoned his shirt, pushing the fabric away from Jack’s skin, his hands traveling rapidly down his torso, undoing his belt, then the zipper, moving the rough cloth off his hips. “Need ya, cowboy…” his voice husky.

“Need ya too,” replied Jack, his voice equally low and harsh.

“Ain’t got time for fancy stuff.”

“Ya got some lube?”

“Ain’t gonna do it like that,” said Ennis, shifting Jack’s hips onto the seat. He moved himself into the space between Jack’s thighs, lowering his head and taking Jack’s cock quickly and fully into his mouth.

“Oh, God…” Jack moaned, his hips rising off the seat of the truck as Ennis vigorously sucked him.

Ennis fingered his lover’s balls and ass as he pulled his cock to the back of his throat, Jack rapidly reaching orgasm and coming in Ennis’s mouth. Ennis drank it down hungrily, then sated, dropped his head on Jack’s stomach, his breath rapid.

Jack ran his fingers through Ennis’s hair, then spoke, his voice soft. “En…remember fourth a July? That night? Ya said I gave good head?”

Ennis looked up at him, his eyes heavy lidded. “Yeah, so?”

“You do too. Just wanted ta make sure ya knew.”

Ennis dropped his head down again, his breathing still ragged. “Good. Glad we cleared that up.”

“Anythin’ else ya need to know?”

“Ya love me?”

“Ya know I do.”

“Okay then, let’s get up ta the house where we can fuck properly. Now that we’ve christened the truck.”

Jack sat up, adjusting his pants and buttoning his shirt. “Technically, that wasn’t a fuckin’.”

Ennis fixed him with a baleful look. “I think, for a coupla old geezers like us, it fit the bill.”

Jack leaned in and kissed Ennis, tasting his own salty come on his lover’s lips. “More than fit. It was perfect.” He pointed to the ignition. “Cowboy, let’s go ta bed.”

“Bed bed or sleep bed?”

“I think I still have the energy for a lil bed bed. You?”

“Me too. Let’s go.” And he put the truck in gear and drove back to the farm.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 04:00:04 pm by MaineWriter »
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Scott6373

« Reply #463 on: March 02, 2007, 04:07:19 pm »
“I think I still have the energy for a lil bed bed. You?”

“Me too. Let’s go.” And he put the truck in gear and drove back to the farm.

Why is it that I get the feeling someone's gonna have a really nice, snowy, cozy time tonight?

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #464 on: March 02, 2007, 04:11:28 pm »
Lazy L Farm
Quanah, TX
June 1, 1976
.   .   .
Ennis nodded. “Day one a week three a the rest of the our lives together. Ya with me cowboy?”

“Forever,” said Jack, with a kiss.

My favorite place and lots of Schmoopy Goodness. . . ahhhhhh . . . .  :) :) :)

Ennis thinking to himself: That Jack fella sure wasn't kidding when he said he couldn't cook worth a damn! Sure hope we ain't havin' black potatos like those black pancakes we had yesterday.

:laugh: :laugh:  :laugh:   God, Jack is so gorgeous - why do my eyes keep wandering? 

An NC-17 drabble, I am warning you in advance. This one is for Teresa, because she asked...

Lazy L Farm
Quanah, TX
July 24, 2006

The night was pitch black, with only the sliver of the quarter moon illuminating the sky, sending a silvery light across the field. “C’mon Jack,” said Ennis, grabbing him by the hand. “We got ta do this now.”

“Do what?”

“The truck fuckin’. Like I promised.” He pulled Jack with him, then pushed him into the front seat of the truck, sliding behind the steering wheel. “Ya left the key in the ignition,” he said, his voice low and husky. “I knew ya wanted it.”
.   .  .

Oh, yeah!!!!   A promise is a promise, after all.   ;D  Thanks for that, Leslie (and Teresa, for asking!)

Marie (who is buried under a pile of work, but, thanks to all you guys, can't resist that damn refresh button!)

The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #465 on: March 02, 2007, 04:23:01 pm »
Leslie got me so riled I deleted this by accident! 

A dabble:  :)

January 1979

A long time ..
.   .   .

“A long time ..” Jack mumbled sadly, his eyes returning once more to the disfigured pancake on his plate.  He sighed heavily, wishing all the while that the man sitting across from him was the one now haunting his every thought ..

Oh, dang - that's just so sad and frustrating and, and, ..........   And, then, my eyes travel from that last word to your "Sweet Surrender" and I sit there, mesmerized, and it makes your words that much more powerful.

Thanks, Lucise
Marie

The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #466 on: March 02, 2007, 04:36:35 pm »
Leslie got me so riled I deleted this by accident! 

Leslie's drabble was definitely rile-worthy!  Woo!  ;D

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #467 on: March 02, 2007, 06:28:25 pm »

The Breakfast

February 1980

Cassie was cooking pancakes.   She stayed over at the trailer, something she hardly ever did do, but Ennis asked her to.  He was different yesterday, quieter if that was even possible and sadder that ever.  How he just broke her heart in two.  Two years that they’ve been going together and she still often felt that she just didn’t have a clue.

She glanced over at him sleeping on the bed.  The blankets were all around him, the clothes from yesterday still where they both left them scattered around the bed.  She didn’t know what got into him yesterday.  Usually it was her who was begging and pleading with him to let the time together last longer.  But last night was different, she said that she had to go, after they ate their dinner at the new place just out of town.

But Ennis said “Why don't ya come over?”

The pancakes were cooking, the coffee black and strong.  They didn’t get much sleep last night. He kept turning her over and over, they kept starting again and again.

She went over to the bed and looked at him, a look of peace as he slept, a look she never saw when he was awake.

She put her hand gently to his cheek, then to his eyebrow, then to his forehead, then she his softly straightened the rumpled hair on the top of his head.

Ennis begin to stir, and to softly moan, ‘Jack, there, oh yeah, oh Jack, there Jack.”

Cassie felt a shock.

Ennis moaned a little louder ‘Oh Jack’.

Cassie got up, went back to the pancakes, she looked back at Ennis, not listening to the voice inside her, explaining what she just heard.

(294 words)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #468 on: March 02, 2007, 06:51:02 pm »
Marleen,

I have really enjoyed your Cassie drabbles. She's a character that very few authors have explored...these are interesting twists on her life,  Ennis and Alma. Thanks for writing!

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #469 on: March 02, 2007, 06:56:58 pm »
Marleen,

I have really enjoyed your Cassie drabbles. She's a character that very few authors have explored...these are interesting twists on her life,  Ennis and Alma. Thanks for writing!

Leslie

You took the words right out of my mouth, Leslie. 

Thanks so much, Marleen - top-notch, as always.

Marie