Author Topic: Best Friends Forever  (Read 71798 times)

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
Re: Best Friends Forever
« Reply #140 on: October 02, 2007, 06:37:50 am »
I'm such a wimp.  I haven't read this chapter yet - and I'm guessing from her author's notes and comments that it's got plenty of her patented angsty-angst and frustration.  If I can control myself (doubtful) I might try to wait for the next chapter so I can read the angst and resolution all at once!   LOL!

Marie

I didn't read it either. Too much angst. And I read the new chapter this morning (I was late for work because of it  ::)), so I think I'm ready to read the angsty chapter now.

SPOILER

I'm glad they sorted themselves out, well, sorta.... And I hope Ennis realises what great parents (especially his mum) he has.

“And while you two are out there, will you please take care of whatever the heck it is y'all are fightin’ about? Fix it or forget it or whatever, but do not bring all this sadness back into my house again. I’m tired of all this mopin’ around like somebody’s died. Last time I had this going on, somebody did die, and I will not go through that again with either one of you. Got it?”

The reference to Kendal must have been difficult for her to express but I think it was what both of them needed to hear, no one had died, things were not all that messed up. They just needed to stop that train of negative thoughts and (wrong) assumptions about each other and start talking. Well, and something else too of course  ;D

I really like this story and it's great there are so many updates.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 01:36:33 am by belbbmfan »
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #141 on: October 02, 2007, 07:29:04 pm »
I didn't read it either. Too much angst. And I read the new chapter this morning (I was late for work because of it  ::)), so I think I'm ready to read the angsty chapter now.

Fabienne, my kindred spirit! Yeah, I'm so glad I did wait - denial is great isn't it? LOL!!
Of course, it's easier to go into denial mode when the author is such a frequent (and multi-part) updater!

It was a wonderful chapter and yeah, I agree about Ennis's mom - she totally rocks!

It's so hard to be that age, and it's so easy to forget that.  There's just something about these BFF guys that is so irresistible, and Sienata has done a really fine job fleshing out their characters. 

I hope this story continues for a while - it'll be hard to say good-bye to these boys - and they've got a lot more talking to do!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

mvansand76

« Reply #142 on: October 03, 2007, 04:54:04 am »
I agree with you all, girls... *thud* I am so happy they took a step toward their long life together...

:D

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #143 on: October 03, 2007, 01:54:20 pm »
and they've got a lot more talking to do!

Marie

talking? hmmm, and something else too of course  ;D

I mean like homework, of course  :P

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #144 on: October 03, 2007, 03:00:04 pm »

Fabienne you are a caution....homework?  So thats what you call it in Belgium....

I guess so...makes sense.... :laugh:

Beautiful mind

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #145 on: October 03, 2007, 03:58:06 pm »

Fabienne you are a caution....homework?  So thats what you call it in Belgium....

I guess so...makes sense.... :laugh:

LOL!  She sure is!  But, yeah, makes sense -  I guess if you're at home and you're working up a sweat....... ;D

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #146 on: October 04, 2007, 01:42:38 am »
Settle down now Ladies, settle down...

;D  8)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #147 on: October 09, 2007, 11:14:07 pm »
Heya,

There's an update tonight - a 2-part chapter!

http://community.livejournal.com/brokebackslash/1532569.html#cutid1

You'll see that this one is preceded by some news and a request from Sienata for some specific feedback.

:)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #148 on: October 11, 2007, 09:37:54 pm »
Yet another update with news and discussion about Sienata's writing schedule at the beginning in the author's note.
8)

http://sienata.livejournal.com/39736.html

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #149 on: October 12, 2007, 04:19:52 pm »
Yet another update with news and discussion about Sienata's writing schedule at the beginning in the author's note.
8)

http://sienata.livejournal.com/39736.html

SPOILERS

So...what do y'all think?  Was that not the MOTHER of all "I can't believe you said that!" moments?  Holee Crap!  I'm glad she's a quick updater.   :)  This is one wild ride and I'm loving it.

Marie