Author Topic: Best Friends Forever  (Read 71846 times)

mvansand76

Re: Best Friends Forever
« Reply #150 on: October 12, 2007, 04:44:25 pm »

SPOILERS

So...what do y'all think?  Was that not the MOTHER of all "I can't believe you said that!" moments?  Holee Crap!  I'm glad she's a quick updater.   :)  This is one wild ride and I'm loving it.

Marie

God, the things these guys are putting each other through... or the things that JACK is putting Ennis through!  :laugh:

Yeah, it's a wild ride for sure and I'm loving it, even though with the last chapter I was like "WHEN IS IT GONNA EEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNDDDDD??"

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #151 on: October 13, 2007, 12:20:18 pm »
Yeah, it's a wild ride for sure and I'm loving it, even though with the last chapter I was like "WHEN IS IT GONNA EEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNDDDDD??"

Well, I suppose no-one is forcing you to read it....   :laugh:

Personally, I think BFF is the best ongoing fic there is at the moment. I don't EVER want it to end. I can't praise Sienna's writing enough. Her whole cast of characters is fabulous and so 3-dimensional and *alive*. Her dramatic (and comic) and angsty timing is flawless. And her Jack and Ennis are the sweetest, most exasperatingly lovable (and hot!) teenagers ever, dealing with family and with falling in love and deciding their future and coming out and all sorts of coming-of-age stuff as best they know how. I love all about them.  :) I wish I could *meet* them!!  8)

mvansand76

« Reply #152 on: October 13, 2007, 01:59:21 pm »
Well, I suppose no-one is forcing you to read it....   :laugh:

Personally, I think BFF is the best ongoing fic there is at the moment. I don't EVER want it to end. I can't praise Sienna's writing enough. Her whole cast of characters is fabulous and so 3-dimensional and *alive*. Her dramatic (and comic) and angsty timing is flawless. And her Jack and Ennis are the sweetest, most exasperatingly lovable (and hot!) teenagers ever, dealing with family and with falling in love and deciding their future and coming out and all sorts of coming-of-age stuff as best they know how. I love all about them.  :) I wish I could *meet* them!!  8)

Oh I think you misinterpreted the when's it gonna eeeeeeeennnnnnnd remark, I was talking about the miscommunication between Ennis and Jack and the dumbass mule things that Jack does.

Poor Jack, by the way... I really feel sorry for him, he has the opposite of what Ennis has with his mother and father...

Oh no, don't get me wrong, Mikaela, I never want this story to end!!!!! It's been one of my favorites from the beginning!

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #153 on: October 13, 2007, 02:29:27 pm »
Nope. I didn't misinterpret. Hence the  :laugh: at the end of that sentence... ;)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #154 on: October 13, 2007, 03:01:08 pm »
SPOILERS

Yeah, this chapter was great!  Such convincing drama and tension!  And, yes, Jack was definitely a bit out of control in this chapter, but his sort-of wild reactions seem very plausible/ realistic for a teenager.  The fact that he was falling for all of Chastity's goading and pretty obvious efforts to get Jack riled up, again, seems very plausible for a teenager.  I wish their big coming out moment to the community had been something sweeter, but I'm glad that they're out now none-the-less.  It's a big step for them, and ultimately I think it's good that they're now out.

Despite his foolishness in the restaurant, I'm really glad that Jack was at least sensible enough to go after Ennis and jump in the truck rather than stay at the restaurant to deal with his parents/friends alone.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #155 on: October 13, 2007, 03:11:11 pm »

SPOILERS

So...what do y'all think?  Was that not the MOTHER of all "I can't believe you said that!" moments?  Holee Crap!  I'm glad she's a quick updater.   :)  This is one wild ride and I'm loving it.

Marie

OMG, it certainly was. I can't believe Jack lost it like that. Well, i can sort of understand where it's coming from. Obviously, this 'time for the family' month and the rejection by his dad he strongly feels, is sending Jack on an emotional roller coaster, but still,  :o  :o

I couldn't believe Ennis left the restaurant so calmly. He really is being strong for both of the now.

You know what I would really like to read? Ennis and Jack ten years from now, celebrating an anniversary, just the two of them reminiscing and thinking back on 'how it all started' I'm sure they'll be laughing about Jack's antics in the restaurant that friday evening.

Siena, are you listening?  :-*  ;)

The next update can't come soon enough.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #156 on: October 13, 2007, 06:49:24 pm »
You know what I would really like to read? Ennis and Jack ten years from now, celebrating an anniversary, just the two of them reminiscing and thinking back on 'how it all started' I'm sure they'll be laughing about Jack's antics in the restaurant that friday evening.

Siena, are you listening?  :-*  ;)

I'm sure you've read it, but Sienna *has* written a chapter about the two of them 10 years from now. It's the one called "Future Tension". I like it because it shows how they actually found a life together and made it work, but in true Sienna fashion things are never just easy and straightforward (no pun intended).  And apparently...

*slight spoilers*

.......its topic of how Ennis deals with Jack's temper and sometime moodiness has everything to do with what we'll be getting in the upcoming chapter.... That is, before pa Twist steps onto the scene, as Sienna has said he'll be doing. There are some tense hours/days/weeks ahead!!

Yippie!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #157 on: October 14, 2007, 03:07:42 pm »
Great discussion!

SPOILERS

....I couldn't believe Ennis left the restaurant so calmly. He really is being strong for both of the now.

This is something Sienna and I discussed a bit on her LJ.  In my comment to the previous chapter I expressed some concern that, although I realize Ennis is more mature and has a much more even-keeled personality, and that Jack is going through some really tough stuff with his father in particular, I was still worried that perhaps Jack was placing just a little too much on Ennis's strong (but still young) shoulders.  And that was before this whole restaurant scene happened!  But, Sienna, being the sweetheart she is, wrote a beautiful reply that I'll share here because I think it describes the boys so perfectly:

...... Yes, Jack is high maintenance, and he's a lot for young Ennis to handle, but I think (hope)Ennis has a store of patience to tap into when the going get's rough (like here in a few minutes, story wise!) This maturity and patience are part of what gives him his special talent with horses - Jack is like a thoroughbred in this story - high strung and out of control at times, needing Ennis to rein him in. But when he's good, he's the best, the one you want your money on....

Isn't that a great description?  And, yeah, Fabienne, I can see how in ten (well, maybe 20) years this could be a funny memory   :laugh:

... I wish their big coming out moment to the community had been something sweeter, but I'm glad that they're out now none-the-less.  It's a big step for them, and ultimately I think it's good that they're now out.

Well, yeah, in theory I agree with you :)  - it's good to be out.  But, there's a big difference between coming out on your own terms (and it didn't necessarily have to be sweet) and having personal details of your sex life screamed out in the middle of a busy restaurant in front of your high school friends, parents, and lots of other residents of a very small town.  Cringe.  Wince.  Ouch.  But, what's done is done and they'll have to deal with the fall-out.  But poor Ennis...Jack threw him to the wolves in his moment of insanity (no matter what Jack actually said you know exactly what everyone in school will be specifically focusing on).  And poor Jack, too.  He has serious, serious father issues, and I agree that the turn of events and his reaction were completely realistic!  I do wonder, though, how long it will be before Jack is able to take some of the weight off of Ennis's shoulders.  I love watching the emotional development of her characters.

I'm sure you've read it, but Sienna *has* written a chapter about the two of them 10 years from now. It's the one called "Future Tension". I like it because it shows how they actually found a life together and made it work, but in true Sienna fashion things are never just easy and straightforward (no pun intended). ....

Oh, thanks for this heads-up!  I'm relatively new to BFF, so I hadn't read this.  I'll look it up for sure!  I'd love to see the two of them 10 years from now!

Thanks,
Marie

The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #158 on: October 15, 2007, 10:37:38 pm »
Chapter 39 is up!  :D

http://sienata.livejournal.com/40135.html?view=1443783#t1443783

What a trouper  - under the weather and she still gives us our update!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #159 on: October 15, 2007, 11:34:55 pm »

Thanks for the heads up, Marie..

Beautiful mind