Author Topic: Dixie Chicks are still not accepted....  (Read 16031 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Dixie Chicks are still not accepted....
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2007, 09:43:13 am »
why the sigh, Del? Was I too strident there??  ;D ;)

;D ;D

No, not at all, I was sighing because those Red State W supporters are STILL wearing blinders after all this time.

injest

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2007, 07:18:24 pm »
  ;D ;D

No, not at all, I was sighing because those Red State W supporters are STILL wearing blinders after all this time.

GIRL!! DO not even get me started on that!!

I am so sick of hearing the Republicans making excuses for him and acting like he is some put upon saint. ARGH! They carry on about how he has been the subject of the worst character assassination in all of history! (anyone remember Clinton??)

I would MUCH rather be talking about a stain on a dress than 3000+ dead Americans in a war for Bush's 'legacy'...or the wiretapping of US citizens without a court order....or the detention of civilians without due process....or covert prisons.....or torture BY our own soldiers....and the list goes on...and on....

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2007, 08:08:14 pm »
ok look, not overly concerned about the 'incident'....but when her reaction was to start referring to me (a country fan) as a back woods redneck that didn't have any sense? turned me off of her.

Okay, I don't know when they made that comment, but ..
Maybe they were pissed off because hundreds of their 'fans' took to the streets and burned their CDs .. I don't know .. lol...

injest

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2007, 08:49:56 pm »
Okay, I don't know when they made that comment, but ..
Maybe they were pissed off because hundreds of their 'fans' took to the streets and burned their CDs .. I don't know .. lol...
maybe...but the fans were their customers...they made the choice to stir things up worse rather than try to repair the damage.

Just from a business stand point, you don't set up a franchise to serve a particular audience and then deliberately alienate them...right or wrong their fan base was conservative people living in the south. Highly patriotic, and most voting Republican! I am not gonna fault those people for feeling betrayed. Natalie built up an image and then destroyed it. That was her right absolutely...but it was her choice to do so.

Maybe it is a good thing...their pop music is better than their country was...

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2007, 09:28:27 pm »
I don't think the Dixie Chick care if the country establishment and Clear Chanel communications won't forgive them. I hear complaints of soldiers dying so they can have the right to speak their minds. And I always counter if they kept silent then, did those solders die for nothing?

I like the Dixie Chicks. They are strong women. I admire strong women.

"I will send my love to you each night,
 on

angel

wings....

Go to sleep, Little Man,

Sweet dreams, Little Man..."
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Toast

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2007, 09:36:21 pm »
I like the Dixie Chicks. They are strong women. I admire strong women.

Touché Shakestheground.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2007, 09:58:40 pm »
I understand that some of their Southern Republican fans were peeved when Natalie dissed Bush, but come on, rallying and throwing a CD-burning party in the street was over the top .. there was no revolution taking place .. I can understand women burning their bras .. but Republicans going out to burn Dixie Chick CDs is ..  just not quite the same thing ..  8)

injest

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2007, 10:11:17 pm »
The whole thing got completely out of hand...the sparks went all over...drawing in other artists and spilling out on award shows...people on both sides acted stupid but showing southern people as backwards trash is acceptable...even amusing to the educated north!! so it doesn't surprise me that the only things ya'll remember is the bad things the FANS did...and again...I am not talking about the initial incident...that would have gone away if Natalie had not gone her 'country fans are idiots' rant...and then started trashing anyone that dared to question her.

I don't see Natalie as a strong woman...rather an immature brat with a big mouth..

just my opinion...ya'll are welcome to like them !!

;)

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2007, 11:10:34 pm »
Yeah, I can see where your comming from with Natalie, I hadn't thought of it that way.

But damn them girls can sing!

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2007, 11:13:33 pm »
Yeah Milli, burning shit is a time honored tradition down here, somepeople even burned Elvis's albums, and especially the Beatles, and crosses and houses and anything that offends them, it is some kind of purification ritual I think.

And the Nazi's burned books.

>:(