Author Topic: My coworkers are driving me insane!!  (Read 7483 times)

mvansand76

Re: My coworkers are driving me insane!!
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2007, 11:45:56 am »
Am I the only one that wants to bring a muzzle to work?

Oh no you're not!!!  ;D

I used to work as a marketing executive and my direct colleague talked to herself...CONSTANTLY... and when she wasn't talking to herself she was singing alone with the radio and mixing the lyrics up... Thank God I found a different job after 1,5 months, otherwise I probably would have been in a mental institution by now...

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2007, 12:00:32 pm »
There is an agent in my office, she is an only child, you can tell reight away, she always has to be the center of attention. No matter what you are doing she just barges right in and asks what she wants and she is always asking. After 4 years in real estate she still can't find her way out of a paper bag. She needs help with EVERYTHING. Drives us all up a wall.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2007, 12:08:29 pm »
Gosh, reading this made me thankful for where I work!! If people around me are annoying, I just close my office door and chat on BetterMost!! But hardly anyone is ever annoying, because we have way too much work to do.

I'm sure I annoy people a lot more than they annoy me. The funny thing is, all the offices on either side of me are empty because I make so much noise at work that people move their offices as far away from me as they can! A bunch of mining engineers visit me during the day and we are always yakking it up and laughing at risque jokes.

"chewing gum and duct tape"

injest

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2007, 07:22:36 pm »
I'm surrounded by grandmotherly/motherly types.

The kind that call their no-account children barely eking out a living in some mobile home park somewhere, whose children call them everyday with the newest crises, who put their baby children on the phone so their grandmothers can blither to them in baby-talk.  ::) who come by your cubical to inspect your hair or what you're wearing and have to make a comment as to whether something is new or not or they haven't seen it or not, if a stitch is coming out, if your shirt tag is showing, if you have a piece of lint or hair on your shirt/pants/skirt (and this is EVERY day), who can't let you pass without making SOME attempt at conversation, who keep talking long after you get your answer from them.

I call it the Edith Bunker syndrome - for anyone who's caught the show in syndication - you ask them a work related question and they have to counter with one of their own, or you're having a quick personal conversation and they - univited - join in and go on and on and on and on with their own story while you sit there and shift uncomfortably and they never notice.

Who pretty much try to mother/smother you with grandmotherly/motherly advice and comments "Dress warmly!" "Be careful driving home!"  who do you favors you don't ask for, so you're obliged to them.

**sigh***

Oh my GOD!!

The scuzzy kid syndrome!! OY!! and it is NEVER their fault...they were the PERFECT parents...It boggles my mind some of the stuff she insists on sharing!

injest

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2007, 01:30:18 am »
Today we were discussing which restaurant we wished we had. I mentioned a Mexican food place....another lady said Chili's or Denny's...

Emp of the year broke in and said she didn't like to go out to eat. Someone asked why. She dropped her voice into this sad "I can barely force myself to talk I am so depressed" tone and said "Nothing tastes good to me. My husband gets so mad at me because I just don't like to. Would just rather stay home and eat a bowl of soup"

An hour later she is eating lunch. I asked how it was. "Oh it is yummy...really good!"

("huh? I thought nothing tastes good to you???")

OY!

injest

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2007, 01:34:29 am »
I have another coworker I will call BoneyFingers...that woman has these LOOONNNNGGG fingers that have NO fat on them at all and they are COLD as DEATH! (seriously! I have touched a dead person's hands before...they were warmer!)

anyway. the first day I worked there she SLAPPED my hands because I was gonna staple some papers together! "We don't staple, we use paper clips cause you can reuse them! we recycle!"

:o

WHAT??

then one day she found 3 Three 3!! pieces of paper in the garbage? pulled them out and saved them til the next day to gripe at me for throwing them away. said we could cut the margins out and use them for scrap paper....

*shaking my head*

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2007, 01:40:30 am »
This is interesting!  :D

Please continue you all! I love it!
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2007, 01:49:41 am »
This is interesting!  :D

Please continue you all! I love it!

:P

:laugh:

boneyfingers is obsessed with my office. Will come in and clean it for me....I mean she scrubs!! huffing and puffing....picking up machines and carrying them outside to blow them out with those cans of compressed air? scrubbing so hard her whole body shakes. (did I mention she is like seventy years old??)

Her DESK is covered in stains, crumbs and forty seven (we counted them) mail order catalogues that she brought from home. Her top drawer has little containers of sauce that she got with her take out meals? one burst and she has sweet and sour sauce smeared all over the drawer.

but God forbid there be dust on my machine!!

OY!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2007, 01:53:06 am »
Maybe she's senile! It sounds as if she isn't thinking clearly. I've worked with my share of strange bitchy people, so I certainly sympathize with you. I do most of my job out of my house. I only go into the office once or twice a week, so I'm pretty happy about it. There's a few weird ones at my office too. I try to avoid them as much as possible.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2007, 09:45:14 pm »
I used to work as a marketing executive and my direct colleague talked to herself...CONSTANTLY... and when she wasn't talking to herself she was singing alone with the radio and mixing the lyrics up... Thank God I found a different job after 1,5 months, otherwise I probably would have been in a mental institution by now...

The grandmother who blithers to her grandchildern on the phone (she sang the 'Elmo' song to them once and I put my foot down) also talks to herself continuously.  I really despise this.  Nothing screams 'Pay attention to me!' more than someone talking dramatically to herself.   ::)  The lady on the other side of me sings along with the radio, but they're Christian songs, so I can't really complain.  >:(