Author Topic: Camden Yards by debutante9 (Kumari)  (Read 48081 times)

mvansand76

Re: Camden Yards by debutante9 (Kumari)
« Reply #100 on: September 24, 2007, 12:30:34 pm »
Well, I hope it was the first and last time he hits him!  I think Jack scared himself with how out-of-control he got. You're much better at predictions than I am - the fishing trip is a good possibility, especially with Jack feeling the way he does right now and wanting to make things right with Bobby.

Same here, I understand the moment he hit him he must've been totally frustrated by his conversation with Lureen and not being able to figure out what he needs to do to be with Ennis. I thought it was interesting how Jack said that he needed Bobby and him to be OK because he was going through something. That made me shiver, because Bobby kind of suspects what is going on. I think he will be the first to find out.

Yeah, I expected a bit more resistance from him - but, having said that, it was pretty much like canon Ennis to try and deny what happened with Jack and run to Abbey (wince).  It may be too early to tell. And so far, they are still meeting in secret (comparable to "way the hell out in the middle of nowhere").  What will happen if (when?) Jack demands the equivalent of a little cow and calf operation?  I can't see Ennis just "going for it." I don't think he's allowed himself to think that far ahead to the possibilities of each of them leaving their wives and families.  So, if we get to that point, he may very well behave like canon Ennis.  And you know what really worries me?  Ennis's reaction when he finds out that Junior is not his little miss perfect.  I'm very afraid that he's going to blame Bobby for that - and that that will, in turn, cause a strain between him and Jack.  I hope not - but this stuff with Junior and Bobby has to come out eventually, right? 

Mmm... so many possibilities! I think I am thinking the same thing that you are thinking. I was wondering about how Ennis was trying to get Jack to act more normal towards Lureen, to be more mellow, coaxing him with his eye brows to calm down. I think Ennis might want to keep up appearances longer than Jack. I think at the moment he's still thinking they can keep this up without it having to interfere with their marriage! So yes, I think he might very well be like canon Ennis once Jack starts talking about that sweet life. Especially when Jack's marriage crumbles and Ennis finds it easy to keep up appearances with Alma because he and Alma are a lot less vocal about their differences than Jack and Lureen.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #101 on: September 24, 2007, 01:10:46 pm »
...... That made me shiver, because Bobby kind of suspects what is going on. I think he will be the first to find out.

Well, Bobby knows something is going on with Jack, for sure...but I'm not sure that he knows enough yet to make him connect the dots to J&E having an affair ...I do think that part will be a shock to him - and I think you're right that he will be the first to find out. 

.... I think at the moment he's still thinking they can keep this up without it having to interfere with their marriage!.....

Exactly!  And, yes, obviously there are cracks in Ennis and Alma's marriage that neither are acknowledging, but they are very different people from Jack and Lureen, individually and as a couple.  Ennis and Alma are both more down to earth, neither one of them likes to rock the boat.   

Sooo....Bobby, Jack and Ennis on that fishing boat together ....and we still have that Abbey thing that's just waiting around like a ticking time bomb......
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

mvansand76

« Reply #102 on: September 24, 2007, 01:17:50 pm »
Well, Bobby knows something is going on with Jack, for sure...but I'm not sure that he knows enough yet to make him connect the dots to J&E having an affair ...I do think that part will be a shock to him - and I think you're right that he will be the first to find out. 

Oh no, I don't think he has a clue what is going on between J and E, but I do think he suspects his father might think he's gay, what with the pic he found on his father's computer.

Exactly!  And, yes, obviously there are cracks in Ennis and Alma's marriage that neither are acknowledging, but they are very different people from Jack and Lureen, individually and as a couple.  Ennis and Alma are both more down to earth, neither one of them likes to rock the boat.   

Exactly! Very well-put. I wonder what is going on in Ennis's mind. He obviously wants this thing with Jack to go on, but Kumari doesn't give us anything about Ennis's feelings. Jack voiced his in the previous chapter and Ennis answered him in the only way he knows how, physically. Jack is filled with feelings of infatuation and deep love for Ennis and their new found feelings, and I bet Ennis is as well.

Sooo....Bobby, Jack and Ennis on that fishing boat together ....and we still have that Abbey thing that's just waiting around like a ticking time bomb......

Mmmm.... I am thinking seperate tents! One for Bobby and one for Jack and Ennis! They have to be VERY quiet though and I think especially Ennis will have problems with being quiet as we have already read in the previous chapters!    ;)  :D

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #103 on: September 24, 2007, 04:58:23 pm »
Oh no, I don't think he has a clue what is going on between J and E, but I do think he suspects his father might think he's gay, what with the pic he found on his father's computer.

Ohhhh...  Of course! Duh!  Yes, and maybe (I hope) Bobby and Jack can be a source of comfort for each other.  God, what a mess that family is - Bobby so desperately needs Jack to be strong, to be a parent - and Jack is going through this whole thing that's rocking his world - and rocking everyone around him too. 

Exactly! Very well-put. I wonder what is going on in Ennis's mind. He obviously wants this thing with Jack to go on, but Kumari doesn't give us anything about Ennis's feelings. Jack voiced his in the previous chapter and Ennis answered him in the only way he knows how, physically. Jack is filled with feelings of infatuation and deep love for Ennis and their new found feelings, and I bet Ennis is as well.

Oh, yeah, Ennis's feelings are the same - in fact, I think he did try to express himself verbally (he started talking about Jack's hair, etc.) and Jack told him it was just too much for him to handle - so the feeling of infatuation is there (and Ennis is realizing that maybe it's always been there). 

Mmmm.... I am thinking seperate tents! One for Bobby and one for Jack and Ennis! They have to be VERY quiet though and I think especially Ennis will have problems with being quiet as we have already read in the previous chapters!    ;)  :D

I'm trying to remember what was said about the fishing trips and where they actually go?  Someplace far?  Hmmm...I might have to force myself to do some re-reading  LOL!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

mvansand76

« Reply #104 on: October 13, 2007, 05:03:24 pm »
Hey, isn't it time for a new chapter?

::)

;D

mvansand76

« Reply #105 on: December 13, 2007, 02:02:24 pm »
I think I should repeat my plea... isn't it time for a new chapter? I'm about to give up on my all-time favorite BBM fanfic...  :-\ :'(

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #106 on: December 13, 2007, 02:08:39 pm »
Hey Mel!  I was thinking the same thing recently.  News about this story would be great.
:)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

mvansand76

« Reply #107 on: December 13, 2007, 04:23:40 pm »
Hey Mel!  I was thinking the same thing recently.  News about this story would be great.
:)

It makes me sad to think that we might have to wait months for updates between each chapter. For me, it takes away a lot of the reading pleasure. If I'm honest, even if this is updated, I'm not sure if I want to read it when I'm not sure if and when it's gonna be updated again..... especially when it involves cliffhangers....I know Kumari promised that she would finish all her stories, but I'm a bit worried, I hope nothing bad happened for her in RL. I know she doesn't owe us anything, but I just wish she would let her readers know what's going on from time to time....

Have you ever started her original story on her lj? It's really good!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #108 on: December 15, 2007, 01:38:36 pm »
Hi Mel and Amanda,

Well, it goes without saying that I'd love an update, too.  I think what makes the waiting more difficult with CY is that I have absolutely no idea what will happen next.  The situation is so complex it's hard to wrap my mind around it - and that's why I think this story is so great.  There are never "easy" answers for any J&E, but for this pair things are especially difficult.  I want a "happy" ending, of course, but I keep thinking that "happy" may be the wrong word to use for this story because there has to be so much devastation left in the wake of their relationship, and I give Kumari a lot of credit for taking on such a seemingly impossible situation. 

Yes, I've been following her original story - and, not surprisingly, it is very good!  I'm keeping my fingers crossed - maybe we'll get some kind of Christmas surprise!

Marie

yb

« Reply #109 on: December 15, 2007, 01:43:05 pm »
Oh, no, if Kumari updated her story, I think it is Full Count's turn.  I've waiting since end Aug, at least CY was updated in Sept.