Author Topic: Dixie Chicks have their revenge...  (Read 2409 times)

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Dixie Chicks have their revenge...
« on: February 24, 2007, 10:28:36 pm »
"Dixie Chicks Album Sales Go Through Roof

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The Dixie Chicks are enjoying the benefits of being Grammy winners.

Nielsen SoundScan reports sales of the group's CD "Taking The Long Way" jumped by 714 percent in the week after the awards show. CD sales including digital albums totaled 103,000 the past week, compared to 13,000 the previous week.

The Chicks' album moves from 72 to No. 8 on the Billboard chart. The group was the big winner at the Grammys collecting five awards including song and record of the year for "Not Ready to make Nice.""
-----------------------------

I wonder what those right wing "worship the dear leader"country and western radio station are making of this. ;D

Maybe there will be in a split in C&W with the rise of a populist branch of C&W vs the old style conservative tunes that still dominate C&W radio stations.  Let's hope. 

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Dixie Chicks have their revenge...
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 09:29:10 pm »

How fickle the public can be!
Good for the Chicks though!  8)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Dixie Chicks have their revenge...
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 10:13:56 pm »

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The Dixie Chicks are enjoying the benefits of being Grammy winners.

Nielsen SoundScan reports sales of the group's CD "Taking The Long Way" jumped by 714 percent in the week after the awards show. CD sales including digital albums totaled 103,000 the past week, compared to 13,000 the previous week.

The Chicks' album moves from 72 to No. 8 on the Billboard chart. The group was the big winner at the Grammys collecting five awards including song and record of the year for "Not Ready to make Nice.""
-----------------------------

I wonder what those right wing "worship the dear leader"country and western radio station are making of this. ;D

Maybe there will be in a split in C&W with the rise of a populist branch of C&W vs the old style conservative tunes that still dominate C&W radio stations.  Let's hope. 

Heh heh.  Good for them!!  I think the 'worshp the dear leader' radio stations are getting a tongue lashing from their advertisers for not playing their music losing out on all the listeners out there who support them, or don't care about politics when it comes to music.