Author Topic: First thing you said to the people who were with you, at the end of BBM  (Read 8427 times)

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
Mine was : "Hunh?". Well in fact "Hein?", which is the French equivalent, and pronounced roughly the same way too.
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Mine was : "Hunh?". Well in fact "Hein?", which is the French equivalent, and pronounced roughly the same way too.

Haha, love that, Isabelle. "Hunh?" would translate into "Häh?" in German. Also pronounced roughly the same way. Didn't say that when I came home from seing BBM for the first time, though. I think it was something like: "Hmmm, that was one good movie!" Anyways, I knew this was not going to be a one shot thing.

:)

Offline Shuggy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • 1964 - 2006
    • The Ataahua Shop
The second time I saw it there was one other person in the cinema.
She said "Well, what a sad movie."
I said "I think it's going to be a classic."

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
"So?  you wanna go camping?"

But seriously.  I was alone most of the time I saw it.    :'(

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
I have only watched the film once with one other person and that was Sheyne and we didn't need to say anything.  We just curled our bottom lips and blinked at each other through red eyes all Alice Faye like and picked up the gold fish and waited for Pierre Tremblay to roll along the credits and we left.  Then we said in unison, "God I need a pee!"
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
I only went once with a friend, too. But it was her first time, and she just answered "yes" to my "Hunh?".
The other times I just giggled nervously through my tears at the total strangers around me who were giving me pitying smiles...
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
I have only watched the film once with one other person and that was Sheyne and we didn't need to say anything.  We just curled our bottom lips and blinked at each other through red eyes all Alice Faye like and picked up the gold fish and waited for Pierre Tremblay to roll along the credits and we left.  Then we said in unison, "God I need a pee!"

Ha ha!! That's right. We HAD to wait until we saw Pierre's name.  For unashamed sentimentality (his board on IMDb was how we met). Goddamn softies we are...

For the record, Hippo loved the film too - not that he could see much in his baggie on the floor between Ray's feet.  Oohhh but he's watched it plenty of times since from his tank!  ;D

Actually the first time I saw it, I was with about 6 people, including my mum.  I couldn't speak, I was sobbing unlike I have ever sobbed in a movie before in my LIFE.  I just gestured for tissues..  :'(
Chut up!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
First time I saw it, I was with my friend John. We were both so stunned by what we had just seen that to the best of my recollection, we just looked at each other and said, "Wow. ..."
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline scottf.

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Me too, alone when I saw it, mostly. I found that going with someone was intrusive.

This was MY movie.

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
"wanna get some breakfast?"

I didn't say anything until the next morning. I distinctly remember that not a word was uttered between my brother, my cousin and me that night after the movie was over. We just waved at each other as we got in our cars and left the theater.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.