Author Topic: RWYA, Altitude and Liberation by Mel  (Read 77289 times)

mvansand76

Re: "Right where you are" by Mel (snuitje)
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2007, 03:27:48 pm »
I read this bit by bit this week and I'm completely swept away.   Not only a wonderful story, but a wonderfully written story, full of really great details and images. 

Looking forward to more . . .

Thanks,
Marie

Awww thank you Marie!  :-*

BEAUTIFUL last chapter, Mel. I'm glad I was FINALLY able to read it!  ::)

:-*

Thanks June, I sent you an e-mail!  :D

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
"Right where you are" by Mel (snuitje)
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2007, 12:56:47 am »
Evenin'.

What a great story.  Like how you have put the guys into the situations they never really wanted, and now have to figure out how and when to free themselves and get together.  They realize it, but haven't figured it out, yet. 

Like how you've given Ennis a good job and a chance to prove himself, rather than remaining a ranchhand forever.  He's sharp, and not all learning is from books. 

Also like how you wove the reunion scene from the OS into your story.  But in the graveyard?! Wonder what the Breckinridge family thought about that!!

The weekend at the Twist Ranch will be very interesting, i'm sure.  Hope the guys get to take a lo-o-o-ong ride around the property...with a stop somewhere to get "re-acquainted". 

Thanks for this story.  Don't be nervous any more; you have a very good sense of dialogue, the guys sound so natural when they're talking to each other.  Keep up the good work.   Will watch for more. 

mvansand76

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2007, 07:57:30 am »
Evenin'.

What a great story.  Like how you have put the guys into the situations they never really wanted, and now have to figure out how and when to free themselves and get together.  They realize it, but haven't figured it out, yet. 

Like how you've given Ennis a good job and a chance to prove himself, rather than remaining a ranchhand forever.  He's sharp, and not all learning is from books. 

Also like how you wove the reunion scene from the OS into your story.  But in the graveyard?! Wonder what the Breckinridge family thought about that!!

The weekend at the Twist Ranch will be very interesting, i'm sure.  Hope the guys get to take a lo-o-o-ong ride around the property...with a stop somewhere to get "re-acquainted". 

Thanks for this story.  Don't be nervous any more; you have a very good sense of dialogue, the guys sound so natural when they're talking to each other.  Keep up the good work.   Will watch for more. 

Thank you for reading it and thank you for saying that about the dialogue, that is always the most important thing for me!  :)

Will post one more chapter this weekend and then chapter 8 at the beginning of next week.  :D

mvansand76

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2007, 10:09:51 am »

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2007, 05:25:15 pm »
Chapter 7!

http://rightwhere-u-r.livejournal.com/2910.html

:D

Yea!!!!!  :D

Excellent chapter Melissa!  :)

Are we allowed to discuss the story in this thread? I'd love to talk about it, but I don't want to give anything away. Some people are still reading it.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2007, 05:26:40 pm »
I think you can discuss the story, David. Maybe if you give a real obvious spoiler, put in a little spoiler space, but I think most folks are caught up.

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

mvansand76

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2007, 06:36:27 pm »
Moving along.... Chapter 8 of "Right where you are". A big thank-you to everybody who has already started reading this story and left a comment... .

http://rightwhere-u-r.livejournal.com/3243.html

Mel  :-*

mvansand76

Re: "Right where you are" by Mel. Chapter 9 up!
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2007, 11:13:08 am »
Chapter 9 for those interested!

:D

http://rightwhere-u-r.livejournal.com/3823.html

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2007, 05:55:18 pm »
Chapters 8 and 9 were both excellent! When can we expect chapter 10??

I'm not trying to rush you!  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

mvansand76

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2007, 02:48:38 pm »