Author Topic: RWYA, Altitude and Liberation by Mel  (Read 76642 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Right Where You Are - AU by Mel
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2007, 12:37:56 am »
Have you read chapter 18 yet Kerry?

I can't stop crying!!!  :'(

Melissa, now you know it's not very nice  to make grown men cry, don't you??

Damn girl, how could you do this to us???   >:(

:laugh:  :laugh:

It was a beautiful chapter!!! Thanks so much for posting it!  :-*
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2007, 02:38:47 am »

I tried reading Chapter 18 this morning, David, when it first came in, but my work computer wouldn't allow me to access the hyperlink. It's nearly quiting time here now, and I'm looking forward to reading it at home tonight.  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2007, 09:31:33 am »
You are very talented, Melissa. Chapter 18 is absolutely beautiful. Hard to believe that English is your second language. You are a master wordsmith.  I love you minimalist writing style, allowing one to concentrate fully on the matter in hand, without divergent distractions. Just Jack and Ennis to concentrate on, pure and simple.  I found this chapter to be very intense and emotionally moving. I'm not sure whether I want to laugh or cry. What I do know is that I'm smiling broadly from the feeling of intense love I'm experiencing for Jack and Ennis right now.

P.S., I revised Chapter 17 before progressing to Chapter 18 and saw the two options you'd chosen for what Jack had whispered in Ennis' ear. Let's just say, because I'm aware of Spoilers, that I personally prefer the more romantic of the two options. You know the one I mean!  ;)   :)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 07:25:48 pm by Kerry »
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

mvansand76

« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2007, 10:49:22 am »
Thank you so much, Kerry! It means a lot to me to hear this from you! I am so happy that you are enjoying the story and that you are emotionally moved by it. I was just telling David in an e-mail that you always have to wait and see if a chapter is moving or not, and I was hoping that it would be, without it being too, I don't know, sugary. Does that make sense?

Thanks again for your lovely comments, you made my day! I really get a kick out of knowing that my story is read all the way in Australia!  :-*

Dagi

« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2007, 05:14:30 am »
I just read the first chapter and can´t go on reading right now. Have to pull myself together first. It is <Crying day> today obviousely. Great writing, Mel!
I will go on reading as soon as I can.

Dagi

mvansand76

« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2007, 06:34:36 am »
I just read the first chapter and can´t go on reading right now. Have to pull myself together first. It is <Crying day> today obviousely. Great writing, Mel!
I will go on reading as soon as I can.

Dagi

Thank you so much for letting me know, Dagi! I hope you continue to enjoy the story.... :-*

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2007, 02:35:36 pm »
Mornin',

Well, have to say what a good story you've written for us.  After reading Chapter 18 earlier, last night I had to go out by the fire-pit and re-read the whole story to date. Their relationship rekindles and bursts into flames, banks and then grows hot again.  It sweeps along and builds up to the ending of Chapter 18, which is a real turning point for Ennis and Jack.  The question of course is which way they will turn, and when, and who will get consumed in the fire [Elly already has been], and who will emerge from the fire forged into a new, stronger person. Guess that's more than one question! Looking forward to finding out the answers. 

Thanks again. 

mvansand76

« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2007, 03:23:55 pm »
Mornin',

Well, have to say what a good story you've written for us.  After reading Chapter 18 earlier, last night I had to go out by the fire-pit and re-read the whole story to date. Their relationship rekindles and bursts into flames, banks and then grows hot again.  It sweeps along and builds up to the ending of Chapter 18, which is a real turning point for Ennis and Jack.  The question of course is which way they will turn, and when, and who will get consumed in the fire [Elly already has been], and who will emerge from the fire forged into a new, stronger person. Guess that's more than one question! Looking forward to finding out the answers. 

Thanks again. 

Oh I love to hear things like this, thank you so much!  :-*

I have just posted CHAPTER 19:

http://rightwhere-u-r.livejournal.com/8296.html

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2007, 08:16:44 pm »

Yee-Haw! I look forward to reading Chapter 19 when I get home tonight (presently 10.15 on Wednesday morning here in Oz, and I'm at work).
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2007, 08:21:36 pm »

Yee-Haw! I look forward to reading Chapter 19 when I get home tonight (presently 10.15 on Wednesday morning here in Oz, and I'm at work).

It's a really good chapter, Kerry! I just read it. And you can leave comments to Melissa here, or over on her Livejournal; OR BOTH!!  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.