Author Topic: RWYA, Altitude and Liberation by Mel  (Read 77237 times)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
Re: Right Where You Are - AU by Mel
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2007, 09:07:14 pm »
It's a really good chapter, Kerry! I just read it. And you can leave comments to Melissa here, or over on her Livejournal; OR BOTH!!  :D

I'm looking forward to it, David. Can't wait!  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2007, 01:29:01 am »
I'm looking forward to it, David. Can't wait!  :D

Have you read Chapter 19 yet, Kerry? Melissa did a brilliant job with this chapter, as always!  :D

***************************POSSIBLE SPOILERS********************************************

Ennis starts dealing with his emotions towards Jack in this chapter. I loved the way Melissa handled this situation.

AND OF COURSE, there's another cliff hanger at the end!

Thanks a lot Melissa!!  ;)

:-*  :-*
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2007, 03:06:02 am »

Dear Melissa,

I was so sorry to read of the death of your uncle. Please accept my most sincere sympathies. Words are always inadequate at times such as these. I'm glad you have your boyfriend with you, to give you comfort and support.

Thank you for Chapter 19 of "Right Where you Are." I have just read it and, as always, am presently feeling somewhat emotional in its wake. Suffice to say that I enjoyed Chapter 19 very much. It's very subtle, sensitive and understated. It's practically impossible to single out a favourite quote, but this comes close:

"But all those thoughts had always been outvoted by his heart telling him he loved kissing Jack, running his hands over his body and making love to him face to face."

I wanted to especially thank you for these words, Melissa, because I had always been distressed by Annie Proulx's description of the dozy embrace, describing how Ennis was more comfortable embracing Jack from behind, because then he didn't have to confront who he was embracing.

Your beautiful words negate this distressing description of Ennis's denial and, in so doing, they have imbued Ennis's soul with "face to face" light and love - his love for Jack.

Thank you again.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

mvansand76

« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2007, 04:50:00 am »
Dear Melissa,

I was so sorry to read of the death of your uncle. Please accept my most sincere sympathies. Words are always inadequate at times such as these. I'm glad you have your boyfriend with you, to give you comfort and support.

Thank you for Chapter 19 of "Right Where you Are." I have just read it and, as always, am presently feeling somewhat emotional in its wake. Suffice to say that I enjoyed Chapter 19 very much. It's very subtle, sensitive and understated. It's practically impossible to single out a favourite quote, but this comes close:

"But all those thoughts had always been outvoted by his heart telling him he loved kissing Jack, running his hands over his body and making love to him face to face."

I wanted to especially thank you for these words, Melissa, because I had always been distressed by Annie Proulx's description of the dozy embrace, describing how Ennis was more comfortable embracing Jack from behind, because then he didn't have to confront who he was embracing.

Your beautiful words negate this distressing description of Ennis's denial and, in so doing, they have imbued Ennis's soul with "face to face" light and love - his love for Jack.

Thank you again.

Yes, that whole line in the SS bothers me so much too, added with the "maybe they never got much farther than that", it just kills me every time. I was glad they added the second tent scene in the movie to counter that a bit, because I am a bit of a romantic.  ::)

Thank you so much for your wonderful words on my chapter....and thank you for your kind words about my uncle passing... it still hasn't sunk in... I still expect to see him in his little store in town...

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2007, 01:05:41 am »
Yes, that whole line in the SS bothers me so much too, added with the "maybe they never got much farther than that", it just kills me every time. I was glad they added the second tent scene in the movie to counter that a bit, because I am a bit of a romantic.  ::)

Thank you so much for your wonderful words on my chapter....and thank you for your kind words about my uncle passing... it still hasn't sunk in... I still expect to see him in his little store in town...

:'(  :'(

mvansand76

« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2007, 04:35:15 pm »

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2007, 11:50:27 pm »

Thank you for that beautiful chapter, Melissa.

I love the sad, lonely image of Ennis, sitting on that overgrown swing, surrounded by a noisy, family gathering; his thoughts far, far away, with Jack, in Lightning Flat.

:'(        :'(       :'(
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2007, 03:36:40 pm »
Thank you for that beautiful chapter, Melissa.

I love the sad, lonely image of Ennis, sitting on that overgrown swing, surrounded by a noisy, family gathering; his thoughts far, far away, with Jack, in Lightning Flat.

:'(        :'(       :'(

:'(  :'(

I know. It's so sad isn't it Kerry?

mvansand76

« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2007, 03:16:42 pm »